Gate Creek Trail

Gate Creek Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and horses and is best used from June until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A short trek with great views of the Three Sisters The trail starts out easy then quickly gets a bit steep and has a little bit of a switchback as you head up the ridge. Lots of big old trees, True old growth, never seen a saw! You pass through a couple of small meadows and reach the ridge line. Your first reward is a view of the Three Sisters off to the southeast. They look close enough to touch. Browder Ridge is to your north.

The trailhead is right at the bottom of the hill near the end of the parking area(a lot of people asked when I went).
The trail is pretty much uphill, but has nice flatter areas too to give you a break. Some areas are a bit eroded from water. there are great views!

(I used the gps to track myself on the trail and almost the entire time it said I was going WAY OFF and blazing my own trail even though I was on the only available pathway.. I suggest using a different app for this trail.)
Happy hiking!

Amazing scenery with tons of wild flowers and fantastic views. We went all the way to heart lake and went for a swim. the trail is super steep!!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Great Views for a quick afternoon hike!