Fuji Shelter Trail

Fuji Shelter Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Odell Lake, Oregon that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great easy snow hike with a shelter you can enjoy for camping. Shelter fits 4 so bringing a tent can be needed. Trail is easy even in winter, all on a forest road. I did a video here so you can see what it looks like recently. My only complaint is that people used the bathroom way too close to the shelter this year. My dog dug up some presents haha.

Friday, May 29, 2015

I did the short 3 mile trail. There was still some snow but not so much we couldn't easily find the trail. Mosquitos are out already but we're ok if you kept moving. View was amazing!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Get a good forest road map...I missed the hike by prob 1/2 a mile the first time there. When I went back I was happy I did. Hike was relatively easy and short and uncrowded. Was a clear day and the views amazing!!! Could see Mt Hood all the way down to Mt Thielsen. Practically could reach out and touch Diamon Peak and great views of Waldo Lake and other lakes and such. Wonderful place to just sit in awe of what beauty we have here!

Saturday, July 13, 2013

I completed the shorter version consisting of three miles round trip. The trail was moderate to easy with a gentle grade. The primary views were of Waldo lake, The Three Sisters and great shot of Diamond Peak. Lots of exploring to be done in this area.

Bring a map. It is east to get confused finding the trailhead on road 5883 due to the roads being poorly marked if marked at all.

Sunday, April 09, 2017