Fort to Sea Trail

Fort to Sea Trail is a 6.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Warrenton, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

beach

fun trail lots to see.

what a fantastic walk through history. This is a great trail for all ability levels and the possibility of seeing wildlife is very high.

nice path, we got a little lost in the fields but figured it out. Great way to see the forest and the beach

Difficult enough to challenge this out of shape hiker, but not too difficult to be enjoyable. Beautiful, well maintained trail!

very groomed trail. easy walk.

nice trail for any skill level. the part where you go through peoples property is a little odd, but really is a very nice hike. Be sure to bring bugspray!

Great trail! We are from Pittsburgh and stopped here for a run. We read the reviews and started at the beach parking area that was recommended. Restrooms and free parking. Fantastic trail! Pretty fields that give way to gorgeous trees. We made a wrong turn into the cow field following the farmers road through the field. Super easy fix by going back to the path and just not going into the field but across the entrance instead. Perfect trails to run on. We didn't get to the hill, but did an out in back 6 miler. When we visit the west coast again, this will be on our list to make sure to run!

Great day hike. If you do this as a one-way hike, leaving a second car at Sunset Beach and starting at Fort Clatsop, then this is a moderately easy route with only a bit of elevation gain. What we love most about this one is how many different types of habitat we pass through in just a couple of hours: mature douglas fir forest, wetlands, forested sand dunes in between narrow lakes, more wetlands, and finally the beach. Keep an eye out for elk. Fair warning, in the spring, the last 1/2mi of trail to the beach has a low spot in the last wetland, and a hundred feet of trail might be under a couple of feet of water. Your first option is to be adventurous, remove your shoes, and wade through the (very) cold water to get to the other side. This part is spanned by a boardwalk and footbridge, so you're actually still on the bridge in between the railings, in knee-deep water. You can tell how deep the water is by how high it comes up on the handrail. This is where your second option comes in: if it is too cold or looks too deep (like if the handrail is under water!), then turn around, go back the 1/2 mile to the parking lot, and hit the beach via the road access.

I walk these trails nearly every day, for our little community they are simply perfect and breathtaking

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Perfect fun, easy day hike!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Great out and back trail. My Suunto read a total elevation gain of 1,500 miles. Lucked out and only saw one other person on the entire trail during the entire run.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Great 1,500 elevation gain on the 12.5 mile out and back. Only saw one other person during the entire time I was on the trail. Very well marked and the upkeep of the trail was impressive.

Monday, October 03, 2016

Can't figure out how to edit my post I just made, but elevation gain meant to read 1,500 ft, or course.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

The fort to sea trail is a beautiful hike but you must know that the section from sunset beach to the Hwy 101 tunnel can be treacherous in the farmer fields with the switch back fencing and the big Bull that might stop your hike fast. Check out my pictures of the bull.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Definitely my favorite trail so far!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

One of my favorites. I always try to make sure I do this trail whenever I visit!

Friday, June 03, 2016

The best way to access the trail is at the Sunset Beach parking area. From here you can go 0.35 miles to the beach or head inland towards the fort. You also avoid paying the National Park fee by parking here. The trail is well traveled and easy to follow. Depending on when you go the trail may have long grass growing on the sides, but it will be periodically mowed. It does cross a couple roads and the trail runs along some cow pasture at points.
The trail placement marker by All Trails is not the best place to access the trail. There are signs in the Perkins Road area discouraging parking for the trail.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

It's roughly 6 miles, easy, not a loop and you can't ride bikes on it.
A car shuttle is required.
Goes thru cow pastures, beach forest and evergreens, very scenic route from Ft Clatsop to the ocean or vice versa.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Great trail! This was second hike. The first time we got lost on way back when we took slough trail & had to double back. This time we took slough trail right at the beginning. It was a moderately challenging uphill climb for this fairly new hiker. I would go again.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The views are gorgeous and trail is well maintained. This trail, when combined with the Kwis Kwis trail, makes a nice loop of 8 miles.