Floras Lake Waterfall Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Langlois, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length5.3 miElevation gain377 ftRoute typeOut & back
Dogs on leashKid friendlyHikingNature tripsWalkingBird watchingRunningBeachForestLakeViewsWaterfallWildlife
Description
Waypoints (0)
Tips
Getting There

Stick with hiking boots/tennis shoes, rather than chacos/keens. The sand is pretty soft when walking through it around the lake and if you want to climb some rocks at the end they are pretty slippery so shoes with some more traction are better.

Floras Lake Park signage is clearly marked from highway 101 on the coast, until you reach the parking lot. Just follow the signs and it should lead you straight to the parking/camping area.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (53)
Photos (133)
Activities (37)
Completed (86)
Ashley Shrader
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 20, 2021
Hiking

Flooded - had to turn back at 1.6. Beautiful though!

View Ashley's activity
Carina and Julien Hoarau
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 19, 2021
HikingGreat!Muddy

I did this trail on 16 Feb 21 and what a beauty it is!!! Has it all, lake, forest, beach and a waterfall flowing into the ocean - wow! The trail is easily marked at the lake but when you get into the forest you do need to pay a bit more attention. Someone had previously advised about a right turn at Oregon Coast sign, that was a good shout and I’m happy I’d read that! There is also another right turn that I’d initially missed and had to backtrack - wasn’t signed, just a fork on the trail I’d missed. Waterfall at end of beach is beautiful, I returned to the start by walking completely along the beach which I would recommend rather than doing the same forest trail again. Number of muddy parts in the forest.

tim pettit
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 18, 2021
Fishing

Very easy to miss the small Oregon Coast trail sign part way in and walk and hike an extra few miles. (:

Stephanie Lloyd
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 7, 2020
HikingGreat!

we didn't find the trail. We did, however, find part of it on the way back. So we basically walked the beach. We got lucky that it was a gorgeous day. Made it to the waterfall also. Sand was awkward to walk in. Even after a night of rain and rather high tide it was still mushy. The views are worth it, for sure but be prepared to not walk the trail?

Karin R
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 22, 2020
HikingGreat!

Great trail along lake, through the woods, and down to beach, ending with waterfalls to the ocean. Woods provided so many mushrooms; and beach walk along sandstone walls was beautiful. We took beach all the way back to Floras Lake, to make more of a loop, which ended up being closer to 6.5-7 mile hike. Walking through sand was a bit slower, but so much to see. Had the whole trail to ourselves.

Mallori Murray
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 31, 2020
Hiking

Lots of sand to trudge through. Sand at the beginning then go through some wooded areas and then back down to the sand. We thought we were on the wrong trail (since it was the beach that led to the waterfall) but finally found the waterfall. It’s at the very end of the beach. We decided to walk the beach all the way back instead of going back up into the woods. It worked for us since it was low tide. Overall great views and cool hike. Lots of deep sand.

View Mallori's activity
Corina Hull
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 7, 2020
HikingGreat!

Great trail with beautiful scenery. Pros: mostly flat and under the tree canopy. Light layers for clothing needed for mid 60’s. Cons: no places to stop and sit for a rest break. As previous reviewers said there is a right turn that is poorly marked. It says Oregon Coast Trail. We continued forward since on this App we were on the Lake Flores waterfall trail.... well.. we ended up almost to the airport before we turned around and took the OCT. we quickly k ew it was the correct path. So... if you take this trail.. TURN RIGHT at the Oregon Coast Trail Marker. Also there is a lot of walking on the sand and frankly at the end back to the cars it’s kind of brutal. In the end we hiked 8.75 miles including our little detour. The beach is beautiful and has great she’ll finding.

Eric Badeau
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 14, 2020
Hiking

Talk about a perfect Oregon Coast trail! I have hiked many trails up and down the Oregon Coast and this is easily in my Top 3. The trail offers a little something for everyone; Lake, Ocean, Woods, Flowers, Berries, Mushrooms, beautiful rock structures and sandstone walls, and of course a beautiful waterfall. The sand around the lake is a little tedious, and Keens may not have been the BEST choice, but they worked. I did the trail with 5 other people and a dog and it took about 3 hours (going real slow) with about an hour spent enjoying the beauty around the falls. The day was a little foggy to start, but ended with bright sunshine and made the treck back very enjoyable. Keep focused on the trail, there are at least two spots where we almost went the wrong way! Will absolutely be looking forward to doing this trail again.

View Eric's activity
Alice Shobe
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 7, 2020
Hiking

Lovely diverse terrain but we missed the turn to the waterfalls and ended up at the airstrip. Keep your head up and looking to the right shortly after you leave the lake area. The trail is marked with just a slim marker - veering you off a wider and more apparent trail. The walk to the airstrip was still lovely terrain so don’t fret if you miss it!

Eugene Nicholson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 30, 2020
Hiking

Great run. Sand at Beginning and end of trail is brutal but the rest is mostly single track Through low coverage. The trail is jumpy with roots in some sections which is fun. There are spectacular views towards the end.

View Eugene's activity
Grace McGee
View Grace's activity
Tana Harrison
HikingGreat!

My favorite beach of the Oregon Coast. The cliffs are amazing. A waterfall at the end is perfection.

Zachary Taylor
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 26, 2020
Hiking

This trail is likely the best trail I've ever been on! Ocean views, low traffic (though we were there on a Wednesday morning), the wind was raging outside but we were safe in the trees. You owe it to yourself to take this hike.

View Zachary's activity
Jenn Kerner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 6, 2020
Hiking

This trail gives back more than it takes. The loose sand around the lake is rough on the legs but ok if you are in shape. The wooded area is straight from a fairytale. I felt like “Woody the Rabbit” during the last 20 yards that opened to the beach. Just push through... it’s worth it! Top 5 trails I’ve ever hiked for beauty and giving me that “It’s so good yo be alive” feeling. Definitely a hidden gem! Take the wooded route don’t skip it!

View Jenn's activity
Derek Deneke
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 17, 2020
HikingOver grown

Easy hike and great views. The trail from coastal trail to beach was really overgrown and almost missed it. Once we got to the beach we were the only ones. Falls at end. Beautiful!

Aimee Hanson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 17, 2020
HikingFee

We parked at the county parking so there was a $5 fee. I very much enjoyed this hike. We messed it up a bit because we spent the majority of the time on the beach when apparently there is a way to circle the lake and be in the woods for a bit. It gets pretty arduous being in the loose sand for that long. It’s very windy here so it’s a good idea to wear glasses and a hat. I did a lot of the beach walking barefoot, which was fine. The sandstone cliffs were so amazing. There is also a little river area by the weird slanted rock that was a good spot to stop and eat and let the kids play. There was no real waterfall activity at the beach. I could tell where they had been though. I bet in the spring months it’s much more spectacular. The arch is almost at the end by blacklock point and it really a beautiful spot.

Jim Spinetta
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 31, 2020
Hiking

Best coastal trail ever!!! . Last part trail on beach with sheer unclimbable cliffs so time tide accordingly. The kite surfers en route epic!!! I traveled seven continents and 49 states top Five I’ve ever been on

diego ortiz
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 4, 2020
HikingMuddy
View diego's activity
Robert Range
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 4, 2019
HikingFeeOver grown
View Robert's activity
kevin floyd
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 20, 2019
Hiking

Those was a bit strenuous because of the lose sand at first till you get around the lake then it gets real easy. At one point you're walking through a tree canopy that feels enchanted. There were mushrooms everywhere. The beach near the end was covered with sea urchin and crab shells. The beach was also very steep here, the waves made a loud crashing sound as they came in very fast. I would do it again.

kevin floyd
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 19, 2019

View kevin's activity
Kristene Enloe
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 6, 2018
Hiking

I was a little turned around. Walked along the lake and connected with the Oregon Coast Trail. Although the trail didn't appear to be old growth it had the expected mossy, damp, drippy fern feel I love. The trail seemed more like an old logging road it was so wide. I could hear the waves but couldn't see them. Atone point the trail veers of to the right but I missed it. I double backed and found another sign for the OCT and took it. It went over a couple of foot Bridges and then dumped me on to a beach. The trail then becomes overgrown that I turned back. Sounds like I should have pushed through to make it to the waterfall. Oh well.

Bill Crain
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 23, 2018
Hiking

Did this one today after doing a few before. Unfortunately Brook and I were still going after the phone died and I didn't get to lay down a track. I enjoy this area because you can get a good stretch on your legs without climbing much. Only regret was I didn't bring a rod for the trout in the lake and I ran out of daylight. Brook had a blast! And just so you know the little store at Langlois has incredible hot dogs and growlers for $5... Where else on earth has that? Try 'em.......

Ryan Michael
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 17, 2021
View Ryan's activity
Timothy Smith
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 28, 2021
View Timothy's activity
Ysiad Ferreiras
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 7, 2020
View Ysiad's activity
Skye Hayashi
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 7, 2020
View Skye's activity
Karen Kline
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 12, 2020
View Karen's activity