Floras Lake Waterfall Trail

Floras Lake Waterfall Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Langlois, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Floras Lake Park signage is clearly marked from highway 101 on the coast, until you reach the parking lot. Just follow the signs and it should lead you straight to the parking/camping area.

I was a little turned around. Walked along the lake and connected with the Oregon Coast Trail. Although the trail didn't appear to be old growth it had the expected mossy, damp, drippy fern feel I love. The trail seemed more like an old logging road it was so wide. I could hear the waves but couldn't see them. Atone point the trail veers of to the right but I missed it. I double backed and found another sign for the OCT and took it. It went over a couple of foot Bridges and then dumped me on to a beach. The trail then becomes overgrown that I turned back. Sounds like I should have pushed through to make it to the waterfall. Oh well.

Did this one today after doing a few before. Unfortunately Brook and I were still going after the phone died and I didn't get to lay down a track. I enjoy this area because you can get a good stretch on your legs without climbing much. Only regret was I didn't bring a rod for the trout in the lake and I ran out of daylight. Brook had a blast! And just so you know the little store at Langlois has incredible hot dogs and growlers for $5... Where else on earth has that? Try 'em.......

Thursday, October 12, 2017

This was a great hike! So many different things to see. We started off at the Floras lake trail head and went around the Lake and connected with the coastal trail. When we were on the coastal trail we walked through some beautiful forest where we were blocked from the wind. From the coastal trail we took a slight detour onto a slightly overgrown pathway. That pathway led us to the beach where we walked down the coast as far as we could go, almost to Blacklock. At the very end was a waterfall and rocks to climb and adventure on. As we walked along the beach there were lots of cool rocks and archways to explore as well. Great hike for our dog as well! She got super tired. Overall a win!