Fall Creek Falls Trail

Fall Creek Falls Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idleyld Park, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike to this majestic waterfall along the North Umpqua River. The trails wind through old-growth forests of Douglas-fir, hemlock, and sugar pine, with trees often over six feet in diameter. The crown jewel of the hike is majestic Fall Creek Falls, which is a great place to swim in the summer time. You can get a view of Fall Creek Falls from the bottom, as well as another mid way up the falls, as well as a view from the top, as the trail leads up the canyon next to the waterfall.

My favorite down 138. There's something about these falls that just make me so happy every time I see it. Easy trail. I like to bring a lunch and eat it at the falls.

Easy and Fun hike with kids and dogs. Trail follows water most of the time. Beautiful cave/crack in rocks that the kids loved. Easily completed this and Susan Creek Falls before nap time with 2 year old in backpack and 4 year old hiking. Busy during summer and weekends.

An easy out and back hike. Great falls to cool off under.

Is the water shallow enough to walk up under the falling water? How deep is it? The first time I went I had socks, cotton clothing, wallet, etc. This time I'm going prepared to swim! This is so pretty, I'm bringing several friends this Saturday.

Absolutely love this trail. I take anyone that comes and visits me from out of town to this spot. By far one of my top 5 favs so far on the north umpqua.

Great trail, beautiful falls!

One of my favorites on the 138

Easy 30 minute hike to a beautiful falls. Recommend!

I wish people would heed the leash rules for their dogs. The falls were wonderful, a bit mucky in places.

very well maintained trail. very low flow in October, but still beautiful. easy 1 mile hike.

Beautiful! Great short trek with the kids.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Lovely hike and waterfall! The distance is nice for families with little ones or people that want an easy hike. When you reach the waterfall, you can get right up to it and feel the spray on your face. Which is delightful on a hot day. The only downside for me was the amount of people and trying to find parking when it's so busy.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

My wife and I live just off the 138 in east roseburg. We are having a great time exploring these many trails out here in our big backyard. This one was one of our favorites. Our 4 year old son made it with us without too much complaining. We went on up to the forest service road above the falls before coming back down. There are some areas where a fall for kids is possible. keep an eye on them, hold there hand through those sections. Great fun though. We liked being able to get right under the falls and my boy liked the walk through the cleft in the rock early in the hike. We will be back to do this one again sometime.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Loved this trinity of waterfalls

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Nice trail. I was only one out there on a Wed so it was super peaceful and waterfall was so pretty. Area is super green

Sunday, May 28, 2017

very green!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Short & sweet but beautiful worth the little extra drive from Susan Fall hike

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

gorgeous

Sunday, January 29, 2017

They really cleaned this trail up! Road to the trailhead fine, and trail in good shape. Lovely falls and worth checking out the rock garden. Walking through the boulder a definite plus!

Friday, September 02, 2016

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Beautiful trails, easy to get to. Did this hike after work, a good 15-20 min walk in. Waterfall was small but fantastic.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Beautiful little hike in to the falls. Continued up the trail to view the upper part as well. Beautiful falls.

Monday, December 07, 2015

beautiful falls! easy, fun hike!

Monday, November 02, 2015

Easy, quick

Thursday, September 17, 2015

I stopped here with my husband after we stopped at Susan Creek Falls. This trail seemed moderate for us due to the fact that we are out of shape. The little narrow rock formation that you walk through is cool! The waterfall was low with water when visited on the 6th. Nice though!

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Needed to burn some time so hit up some trails along the diamond lake hwy. It's nice but very crowded and that's to be expected when it's right off the hwy. Did really like the very large rocks.

Monday, August 03, 2015

Beautiful trail. I hiked it the beginning of August. The rock formations were amazing and the creek/fall were just the same.

Thursday, December 25, 2014

A very easy hike, good for kids and dogs. You'll not be able to get your heart rate up on this one. Still, lovely ferns, fungi, moss, and a shady canopy make for a Edenic, quiet, meditative walk. There was nobody on the trail when I was there, and the falls were full and furious from the recent rains.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Absolutely beautiful !

Friday, April 18, 2014

Went with some work buddies on a Tuesday afternoon. We wanted an easy hike with great scenery and that is what we got. There were people there but it wasn't crowded. The falls were in great shape. The train was easy to follow and well maintained. Defiantly a great hike for anyone.