Fall Creek Falls Trail

Fall Creek Falls Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idleyld Park, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike to this majestic waterfall along the North Umpqua River. The trails wind through old-growth forests of Douglas-fir, hemlock, and sugar pine, with trees often over six feet in diameter. The crown jewel of the hike is majestic Fall Creek Falls, which is a great place to swim in the summer time. You can get a view of Fall Creek Falls from the bottom, as well as another mid way up the falls, as well as a view from the top, as the trail leads up the canyon next to the waterfall.

very well maintained trail. very low flow in October, but still beautiful. easy 1 mile hike.

Beautiful! Great short trek with the kids.

Lovely hike and waterfall! The distance is nice for families with little ones or people that want an easy hike. When you reach the waterfall, you can get right up to it and feel the spray on your face. Which is delightful on a hot day. The only downside for me was the amount of people and trying to find parking when it's so busy.

My wife and I live just off the 138 in east roseburg. We are having a great time exploring these many trails out here in our big backyard. This one was one of our favorites. Our 4 year old son made it with us without too much complaining. We went on up to the forest service road above the falls before coming back down. There are some areas where a fall for kids is possible. keep an eye on them, hold there hand through those sections. Great fun though. We liked being able to get right under the falls and my boy liked the walk through the cleft in the rock early in the hike. We will be back to do this one again sometime.

Loved this trinity of waterfalls

Nice trail. I was only one out there on a Wed so it was super peaceful and waterfall was so pretty. Area is super green

very green!

Short & sweet but beautiful worth the little extra drive from Susan Fall hike

gorgeous

They really cleaned this trail up! Road to the trailhead fine, and trail in good shape. Lovely falls and worth checking out the rock garden. Walking through the boulder a definite plus!

Friday, September 02, 2016

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Beautiful trails, easy to get to. Did this hike after work, a good 15-20 min walk in. Waterfall was small but fantastic.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Beautiful little hike in to the falls. Continued up the trail to view the upper part as well. Beautiful falls.

Monday, December 07, 2015

beautiful falls! easy, fun hike!

Monday, November 02, 2015

Easy, quick

Thursday, September 17, 2015

I stopped here with my husband after we stopped at Susan Creek Falls. This trail seemed moderate for us due to the fact that we are out of shape. The little narrow rock formation that you walk through is cool! The waterfall was low with water when visited on the 6th. Nice though!

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Needed to burn some time so hit up some trails along the diamond lake hwy. It's nice but very crowded and that's to be expected when it's right off the hwy. Did really like the very large rocks.

Monday, August 03, 2015

Beautiful trail. I hiked it the beginning of August. The rock formations were amazing and the creek/fall were just the same.

Thursday, December 25, 2014

A very easy hike, good for kids and dogs. You'll not be able to get your heart rate up on this one. Still, lovely ferns, fungi, moss, and a shady canopy make for a Edenic, quiet, meditative walk. There was nobody on the trail when I was there, and the falls were full and furious from the recent rains.

Monday, May 12, 2014