Fall Creek Falls Trail is a 1.8 kilometer moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idleyld Park, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 km Elevation Gain: 90 m Route Type: Out & Back

Please note: areas around the trail may close seasonally. For updates: https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/umpqua/alerts-notices/?aid=51841 Hike to this majestic waterfall along the North Umpqua River. The trails wind through old-growth forests of Douglas-fir, hemlock, and sugar pine, with trees often over six feet in diameter. The crown jewel of the hike is majestic Fall Creek Falls, which is a great place to swim in the summer time. You can get a view of Fall Creek Falls from the bottom, as well as another mid way up the falls, as well as a view from the top, as the trail leads up the canyon next to the waterfall.

Perfect little hike with a breath taking waterfall. Trail was muddy due to it raining but overall worth it!

moderate hike and kids friendly.

Short and sweet. Waterfall was beautiful and the trail was fun to hike.

DEFINITELY NOT STROLLER FRIENDLY!! but totally worth the walk.

Beautiful little hike. I went on 4/26/20 - it was packed early afternoon, so I went and explored up river for a few hours and came back around 5. There were a lot less people at that point. Trail was soggy and muddy. A bit narrow at times. I brought my poles and wore my keens and did just fine. Love walking through the giant rock at the beginning of the trail. Really wish people would keep their dogs on a leash though.

4/26/20: oh my gosh Such an amazing waterfall. Short walk to the waterfall and some parts are so SO muddy and easy to slip, but not hard at all. I can’t wait to come back again! My son’s first time being that close to a waterfall!

closed

A very fun mini adventure and beautiful hike. Streaming water guides along the side of the path, lava rock formations all along the way and a three level water fall at the end of a very short hike. This waterfall allows you to get pretty close to where it blows back your hair and throws mist on you! There is also a side path that directs you to rock formations with hints of fluorescent green!

Amazing and gorgeous trail! A few parts were pretty muddy but not a big deal. Our kids 3, 5, and 8 loved it!

Very fun hike. Pretty muddy in some spots, but the kids had a blast!

A very beautiful hike through Oregons backwoods. Able to see some sunshine through the trees and makes a very visually pleasing hike

Beautiful hike through old growth trees. The vegetation along this trail is really lush. The waterfall was thundering. Continue hiking past the waterfall for a little extra hike that takes you to the top of the falls for additional views. Very easy hike - beware of the mud.

easy with some elevation gain, muddy with just enough snow to make my daughter very happy

1/4/20 Great hike today. Had the falls and the trail to ourselves. A little muddy and slick in spots, but doable. The falls were gorgeous and full. Picked up trash in the parking lot. The trash can is no longer there. Certainly doesn't help the situation.

Took our dogs out for this one on a beautiful rainy day. In the beginning of the trail there is an awesome boulder you pass through. Gorgeous! The waterfall is absolutely spectacular.

A short but beautiful hike with a breathtaking waterfall. A true gem

Perfection in a beautiful state. Found some trash on the trail, wish people wouldn't disrespect the aina.

Beautiful trail, but it had rained recently so it was slippery at some spots so I had to walk sometimes. About .7 mi to the bottom of the waterfall and then .2 to the top of the lower falls and then another .1 to the top. Lots of dogs there and some were off leash.

Amazing trail!! We went and got under the waterfall. It was such a beautiful hike which took us a lot longer than other people because my kids were looking for 4 leaf clovers lol.

Very very nice trail

Beautiful hike. You can walk right up to the falls.

Moderate/easy walk, nice water falls at the end. I would recommend.

This was our second of four hikes along Hwy 138 today and might have been the most fun. You can get right up in the waterfall and cool down. As with any hike in the area beware of poison oak.

Tue Apr 30 2019

This hike. This. Hike. I almost don’t want to write about how amazing this hike was just because I’m feeling particularly greedy and don’t want to share. Part of what gave this hike it’s beauty is that we ran into no one and had this gorgeous hike all to ourselves! We hiked it today and it’s late April - holy smokes such a good time to go. Teeming with butterflies, picturesque stream and fall one right after the other, forest valley floors covered in bright green clover, tall red pines fallen to the floor or stretching to the sky and of course the breathtaking falls that you can reach out and touch or stand so close you can breathe it in.... all of this in just a short mile hike. So so good. We took our two little boys ages 3.5 and 5 and they absolutely loved it. They were amazed at the falls and loved standing close to it while we felt the most. We are definitely coming back soon!!

closed
Mon Apr 08 2019

went to do this trail today and it is closed. notice at the trailhead says closed due to unstable trail conditions and trees.