Eagles Rest Trail

Eagles Rest Trail is a 9.3 mile out and back trail located near Dexter, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from January until October.

9.3 miles 2086 feet Out & Back

No Facilities, parking off the gravel road.

I hiked this on 3/19/17 and the trail from the lower trailhead to the paved road was very muddy. Thankfully, that was the only thing I didn't like about this hike. The trees and scenery on the way up (and down) were beautiful and the view from the top was absolutely gorgeous.
Tips: there is no bathroom, parking is limited, and overall this was a lightly trafficked trail in March. I'm sure it gets worse over Summer.

Breathtaking!

I Absolutely Loved Hiking This Trail!! It's Worth The Hike To See The View

Great view at the top, easy to moderate hiking. Trail head difficult to find, gps was not accurate for me.

Beautiful view at the top! Well worth it.

It was a hard trail to find. It is right across the street from Goodman Creek trail. There are no postings or signs to indicate the difference. It was a beautiful hike throughout. It is all uphill and steep, but the view is breathtaking. I can't wait to go again!

Difficult to find the trail head but once we did it was a beautiful hike

The directions lead your car to an access road between trailheads. I would recommend either starting at Goodman creek trailhead off highway or drive a bit further up access road to a parking lot clearing at trail head.

This desert boy had a hard time taking in all the green. Beautiful trail and fun to run.

Beautiful when you reach the.top!

It was ok. As mentioned in previous posts the trail should be marked a little better, I came to a fork in the trail on the Goodman portion,I took the left but it should have been the right. I still did a good 12 miler but I never got to the Eagle Rest portion. Oh well that's for another day!

good hike all around. view's amazing at the top

Nice view