Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Eagle-Fern County Park Loop Trail [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(108)
Eagle Fern Park

Eagle-Fern County Park Loop Trail [CLOSED] is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Eagle Creek, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 314 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

Closed due to covid! We went 4/18/20

fee

Fun

Great little hike around old growth and the river, doggo had a great time

fee
private property

I felt as if I was hiking at a camp site half the time. The map was confusing. parking is 6 dollars. probably the highlight of the whole hike was the suspension bridge, and that is at the entrance.

This trail was beautiful. Went November 6th there was nobody there! Thankful that we could take our dog!

Take the additional one mile loop for some switchback workout and solitude. Pretty trail with plenty of creekside views.

We did both the interpretive like smaller trail and larger trail A. The smaller trial had some cool things to see and my loved being able to find the different things along the way. It was a nice shot gravel trail for my younger one. With the bigger loop there were a couple spots that had narrow pathways and steep inclines/declines but overall it was an awesome hike. There were a lot of places to go down to the river and the trail was easy to follow. My 4 year old had no problem navigating the bigger trail. If it would have been muddy or wet I can see how it could have gotten a little slick but it was a pretty good hike. The suspension bridge that lead to the trail system is also really cool.

Good trail. Hiked it Sunday, September 1st. Had flip flops on, a 9 year old, and my boyfriend had his guitar. Trail was smooth, some spots I had to go barefoot because of low traction in the flops. But all in all it was amazing!

Short loop is clean, easy to find, and great for a quick dog walk. Did not try the larger trail as it went up a narrow, steep trail.

Fine on the short loop if you have small kids or wheelchair. the larger loop is tricky, narrow, steep, slippery when wet, with a few spots that if you dont watch yourself you'll be down the slope in a jiffy. the signage is wrong, where there was one. upper loop is upper loop, not trail B or whatnot. same with lower loop, not loop A. the upper loop is moderate to hard in spots, so be aware it's not like the lower loop at all. but it's beautiful just the same.

This is an updated review... we are sorely disappointed at how these trails are not kept clear of overgrowth. The trail map provided does not reflect the trail signs (loop A or B on map was noted as Upper or lower loop on signage that left us, and others who passed is by sorely confused). The first time my young kids and I hiked this, we got lost after a trail ended in the overgrowth on the hill. We had to cut through and listen for the river. This second time we did the large loop again, (lots of steep shortcuts in the switchbacks). There is a tiny loop with signage and corresponding nature info in the brochure, but if you want to hike longer, just know it’s not cut and dry... you’ll be wondering when to go left, when to go right. While the view is pretty, for having to pay $6.00 you’d think these would be better kept trails with better directions. Without AllTrails, we would have ended up turned around again.

neat for being a county park!

Overgrown in the sense that they're not cutting, adjusting, and changing the forest for recreation's sake - as it should be if you ask us.

Tue May 21 2019

This was a great hike. If you stay on the ADA portion it is super easy but if you do the extra loop it gets to be more fun. It was a little muddy but highly recommend it!

Sat May 11 2019

Perfect little trail to take my chihuahua on. (He can’t do the big hikes haha) Great views of the river. Recreation area is ideal for families that want to get outside and enjoy the weather. First time visiting this location, and not my last!

Sun May 05 2019

Great trail. It is kid friendly but beware of a few steep spots.

Sat Apr 20 2019

Sun Mar 10 2019

did the full B loop with 2 kids, one is 11 one is 5. was muddy and at times slick, but beautiful. will be doing it again.

Fri Mar 01 2019

Really beautiful hike. There is a $6 fee to park but worth it in my opinion. Not a long hike but there is a pretty decent ridge to scale and descend.

Sat Feb 02 2019

What a great lil hike! Took the interpretive hike and added on the longer loop. The forest felt untouched on that section of the trail. The parking lot was empty and we saw only 2 other people. (parking is $6.00, other passes are not accepted)

Thu Jan 03 2019

The lower loop is great for a short, gorgeous hike. Upper loop is also pretty, but more difficult, and longer.

Fri Dec 28 2018

There are several trails here - The ADA loop (lower) is an easy and short walk that's all gravel. The A loop (upper) is full of switchbacks and I wouldn't say it's easy or kid friendly. I'd put the upper loop at moderate.

Thu Dec 20 2018

Beautiful I love it!

Fri Nov 02 2018

I think that this should be 2 trails or better listed. There are a lower loop and upper loop on the far side of the river and one through the parking area/picnic areas. The upper loop is treacherous switch back trail when there are slick leaves and rain. The trails are not reinforced and are washed away to many edges. The spiders have been hard at work so be ready to go thru many face height slight strand webs.

Mon Jul 30 2018

Updated the play area. Great spot. Clean bathrooms.