Eagle-Fern County Park Loop Trail

Eagle-Fern County Park Loop Trail is a 1.8 mile loop trail located near Eagle Creek, Oregon. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Upper trail is rather unimproved steep spots with loose soil. Not much to see but trees and ferns. OK but there's better.

Very easy family friendly/dog friendly.

Clean restrooms, beautiful scenery, great for kids! We took a jogger stroller with a baby and it fit great on the trails. Many river access points and a great play area! Very nice picnic rental areas with BBQ grills and fire pits! Requires a $5.00 cash parking fee.

Hiked the Old Growth Trail about a week ago. It was a rear kicker! I ended up going backwards (started out by the river). Lots of spiders! Took my dog I strongly sujest on leash since the trail is almost straight up and then straight down. I will say it does finger off into some other trails I just decided to continue going down. Finally made it around the loop (I was pretty close to turning back I was getting worried where I was). Bring water, it is mugy under the trees and you get dehydrated quickly.

Love there area. Grew up here and it always brings back memories when I hike threw.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Great hike! Very slippery this time of year.

Monday, August 29, 2016

The park is nice. The trail is ok. No lookout or waterfall but just a big loop and a steep uphill climb. Might come back to enjoy the creek and park someday!

Friday, July 15, 2016

Definitely worth the $5 parking fee. Trails are well maintained - we did the largest loop, and did walk single file for the duration - once we got off the small loop. Some slippery spots, and a few pretty steep inclines. We took a 9yo, who didn't really have a problem - a couple of the downhill spots were touch and go - fortunately, we ran into a maintenance team who had just dug a couple of footholds in some of the steeper spots that had been washed out in some recent rains. The park as a whole is great - picnic areas, playground, and... real, stocked bathrooms! :) Will definitely be back for swimming too!

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Trail was skinny, hiked single file at least half the time. Easy hiking with short sections of steep up/down inclines. Fabulous vegetation! I'm definitely doing this one again!

Monday, June 20, 2016

great hike when you have the kids with you.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Beautiful hike with amazing waterfalls!

Friday, May 20, 2016

I do the full loop at least three times a year love this park it's up and down ..short but work can get get extremely muddy and slippery

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The small loop is very kid friendly and flat, great for strollers.
We loved the suspension bridge and educational boards along the loop.
We will definitely be back!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Beautiful place. legs were a little noodly when we were finished. did the whole loop.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Little harder than led to believe. The little loop is wheelchair accessible, packed or paved. The main big loop is not! Lots of muddy switchback and steep drops. 7year old did it with tons of energy and no complaints. Couple good views of the river. Might do it again if we are out here, will probably try something different.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Loop A trail was great fun and a challenging climb!

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Easy and nice!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Very easily quick loop. Fun quick nature trip out of the city.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's a fun little walk, good hike for the kids to go on.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

I ran this whole hike with a 20 pound pack in less than 20mins.. I found it to be boring