Eagle Creek to Punchbowl Falls

Eagle Creek to Punchbowl Falls is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Spectacular path passing many waterfalls, winding through old-growth forests, and along the edges of cliffs. Mild falling hazard in spots, keep the kids and dogs close, but it is family friendly. Some of the ledges have been blasted and offer great views of the canyon below.

Took the family down to the falls. Trail is snow free now, but you can't see the falls from down below because the water is too high. Still, it was a great hike.

Landslide past Punch Bowl Falls, had to turnaround. Very crowded, but beautiful hike.

Beautiful morning. The best time to do this hike is 7am...on a Tuesday.... In the rain. . Didn't see a single soul. The trail was covered in so much ice and snow that I'm glad I had crampons or I never would have made it to the falls.

some spring break

I like this trail a lot and was excited to bring the whole family today. Unfortunately, about 20' into the trail there was a landslide with snow/ice on top of that, so sadly we had to walk back to the car. We'll try again in the spring.

"You can get over the slide if you have a pair of MICROspikes and trekking poles. Come repaired..... and leave the smaller kids at home."

Still 4 stars because this little hike is awesome!!!

Great hike, lots of nature to take in. We can't wait to go back!!

Did this hike on 12/5/16 and it was raining about 70% of the time but was still amazing!!! I would suggest a good rain jacket. It was beautiful and the trees off in the distance had snow all over the tops of them. I took pictures and have put them up here. Hiked down to the Punchbowl and even took my socks and shoes off to walk through knee high water to get pics of the fall. The water was cold af!! Will for sure come back during the summer when it's hotter and I can all the way to the fall. It even started snowing while I was at the bottom. A sign said the bridge was out as well as other reviews here so we didn't even attempt to go to it and we didn't start hiking until around 1pm so it was getting dark quick. Love the hike. Will go again for sure!

Perfect hike to see many waterfalls. Punchbowl falls is very unique shape. Not very hard or steep, but very very long. Did this in the end of November and was not prepared to get drenched in constant water. Wear waterproof everything. One bridge is broken, which means you'll have to cross the flowing river yourself and risk slipping. Otherwise, the trail is in good condition with chain grips in narrow parts. Was surprised to see so many people here, so it must popular all season.

This is a great hike with a photogenic falls at the end. If you hike down to the creek be sure to walk up stream to the base of the falls. We got an early start (7:00 am) and beat the crowd on got some great shots.

We absolutely loved this hike! It's not one for younger kids or those afraid of heights as there are a few sections with cliffs on one side. Our dogs did great and enjoyed the Punch bowl. We went at the perfect time when the Coho and Chinook Salmon are spawning! Definitely recommend this hike!

Busy trail, but gorgeous. I assume mid-summer is more fun because you can swim to the punchbowl. Nevertheless, easy walk, amazing scenery, I'll be back for sure.
Careful on slick sections-- thankful for the cables in the rock