Eagle Creek to Punchbowl Falls (CLOSED)

Eagle Creek to Punchbowl Falls (CLOSED) is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

Spectacular path passing many waterfalls, winding through old-growth forests, and along the edges of cliffs. Mild falling hazard in spots, keep the kids and dogs close, but it is family friendly. Some of the ledges have been blasted and offer great views of the canyon below.

my very first trail in Oregon

This hike is mostly flat making it “easy”, but visit in winter and be prepared for an adventure. It was exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. Imagine a very thin cliff trail of ice chips with icicles falling as you hike and cling to the side of the wall. It’s beautiful! Like Fern Gully. There were times I thought we might die, but only because of the heavy ice.

I used to love this trail but it's way to busy now.

THIS TRAIL IS BURNING IN A WILDFIRE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HIKE EAGLE CREEK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THE FIRE IS NOT EXPECTED TO GO OUT UNTIL THE END OF SEPTEMBER OR LATER. Check for updates on OregonLive or ICS before you head out!!!

Always one of my go to hikes.

Favorite waterfall hike so far in the Columbia river gorge. Easy hike but does have some steep narrow areas that have a railing. Large swimming hole. Not crowded on a Friday afternoon.

Great hike! Great views and a spectacular finish at Punchbowl Falls. Moderately difficult trail. Try to get there in the morning for less traffic. Bathrooms and water are available at the trailhead.

a must

Super fun and an easy rewarding hike with kids

Super fun and an easy rewarding hike with kids

Parking is tight! Great hike!!

Awesome hike with the most beautiful views however this trail has high amounts of traffic

one of the most beautiful places I've been.

Pretty fun, wish there was more water

The trail is beautiful but it is overrun with so many people it is out of control. Definitely need to go on a weekday, otherwise you will not be able to get good photos and people will be everywhere. The actual falls were beautiful, but again, so many people, it was hard to get a good shot.

Loved this hike! Took my 2 and 3 year old on it today. They loved it also. I had to pack my two year old back down the trail as she was tired. But my 3 year old hiked the whole way! I wish the spur trail wasn't shut down so we could of seen Metlako falls. But it was still a good hike!

I like it a lot and going back again

Easily my favorite hike I've done so far. Gorgeous views the whole time. Be aware of narrow areas that you'll want to cross one at a time. Wear good hiking shoes to keep from slipping on the trail and at the creek crossing.

Slipped several times. Was very disappointed I could not get a photo of the punchbowl and wished I had chosen the other route going above. Instead I settled for doing a long exposure in the creek you must cross to stay on the trail (which I did not read about anywhere). This trail is in serious need of guard rails as portions are very narrow with water dripping down onto jagged rocks in the path. I would gladly pay a per use fee to see this become safer. The sound of the river is nice, but not enough to calm my anxiety over losing my footing.

I would actually give it 5stars except that it is so heavily trafficked. Gorgeous hike with many rewards!