Eagle Creek to Metlako Falls [CLOSED]

Eagle Creek to Metlako Falls [CLOSED] is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 669 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

Please note: the Eagle Creek and surrounding area remains close due to increased mudslide risk.

As of 8/17/19 Trail is closed for public safety.

Fri Aug 26 2016

I hiked this trail for the first time this past Tuesday. I started at the trail head and went all the way up to twister falls, about 6 miles. The trail was empty on the way out starting at 8:30am but by the time I made it back around 3:00pm it was packed. I will definitely be back for this one but probably not for the entire hike in one day. There are camp sites at the 4 1/2 mile mark so that will most likely be my next trip for this trail.

Tue Jan 19 2016

Most beautiful waterfall i've ever seen!

Sun Jun 21 2015

Side trail off Eagle Creek is an amazing view of Metlako Falls.

Thu May 02 2013

What a beautiful trail. I would not say the entire trail is kid friendly as there are a few spots that are very jagged and quite narrow with a good amount of drop. With that said, I had my cute hiking companion with me. She is four years old (my youngest of four kids) and she did a stellar job! She and I simply kept a slow and easy pace and did Metlako Falls as well as Punch Bowl. Beautiful! Spring time is a blessing in the Pacific Northwest. I was a bit taken by how busy the trail was (mid week). We did the small side trails that take you in to the bowl and waded (for me, knee deep) to get some stunning photos of Punch Bowl Falls. I would have enjoyed getting much closer to Metlako falls but was still impressed with its beauty. I do suggest that anyone traveling this trail wear thick soled shoes/boots on account of the jagged rocks and be sure to take some water. You can even stop and enjoy a quick bite. Just be mindful to take your trash out.

Wed Apr 18 2012

Part of the Eagle Creek Trail. At around 1.5 miles a marked side trail leads to the viewing area. 100ft falls plunge in to a punchbowl. Great view and photo opportunity. Lots of people.

Thu Jun 14 2018