Dry Creek Falls via PCT

Dry Creek Falls via PCT is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Stevenson: Travel west on State Highway 14 for approximately three miles, just past the Bridge of Gods, to the trailhead.

Closed until September of 2018

Lovey walk with shade from the trees. Quite trail and easy to find the way with good trail markers along route. Beautiful waterfall.

Easy access. Trail narrow at times and a bit rocky. Watch your footing. The falls provided some much needed air conditioning by the time we reached them. Overall, easy hike.

Nice easy hike. About 2.1 miles on the PCT in the beginning, followed by a jaunt up a gravel road to dry creek falls.

Nice easy trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end.

It was beautiful and the falls are awesome. Pretty easy hike though. I like them a little longer if they're not as difficult

Nice hike and nice falls. The hardest part is the first mile

Fairly easy hike. We went with our little toddler in a baby carrier and all of us enjoyed it.
Stop by and say hello to Herman the sturgeon on your way back and make it an outing!

Nice moderate hike. Beautiful Oregon greenery hike to a nice waterfall. Not crowded at all for a Thursday afternoon around 1600.

June 18, 2017 (Father's Day)

The trailhead is at the edge of a residential block on SW Moody Ave, right by the bridge.

The trail was beautiful, well maintained and led to the incredible Dry Creek Falls. There were only a dozen or so hikers on the trail around 11am, and by 1pm there were a lot more people on the trail (on my way back from the falls.) Still open parking spots though.

Pretty hike through the woods, nothing too strenuous. Falls at the end are absolutely stunning.

good hike! very low traffic. wasnt amazing though, may not come back, but i enjoyed it.

A classic PNW day hike that was far quieter than expected for being such a nice day. Elevation gain, though light is skewed towards the start of the hike rather than the end where you find yourself wandering along some surprisingly big drop offs.

Went in the pouring rain but still a great hike. Very green and the waterfall was flowing. Well maintained trail. A little difficult to find it (you have to cross the bridge of gods toll road and go uphill on the trail then turn right under 84 and follow a gravel road off to the right. PCT southbound is the trail on the left (a gorge trail is on the right) at the twin trailhead.) This trail is rated as moderate, but I found it to be quite easy and I'm a slow hiker with bad knees. It is very gradual elevation gain; no part of it felt rigorous at all. I thought it was much easier than Lattourell falls which is rated as easy. I took 2 dogs and they had a good time, too.

Beautiful hike through the forest on the PCT. Not too busy on a weekday. Trail is well maintained. Dry Creek Falls is spectacular!

Great hike to take the kids!

Nice and quiet. Beautiful waterfall

The Wy'east wolf pack had 100 or so runners out on the trail. Most of them were sweet as can be, a couple were rude. Sweet or rude, there were so many of them that they ruined the first mile. It's really not fun to spend 5 minutes perched teetering on a ledge with baby on back while runners trumble by. Then there's the one who rushed past me while I stumbled into a mud hole and twisted my ankle. I have cerebral palsy. I also have a right to be on the trail. I glared at a lot of runners after that.

Once they left we had fun. Afterward a gaggle bobbed nearby where my group sunbathed and complained about girl hikers who took up the whole trail. Um, a little bit of self awareness on their part??? I reserved my distaste for them for this review. When I came back through it was clear someone hadn't received the memo on leave no trace.

The waterfall was gorgeous. It is no longer unmarred by entitled aggressive folk. But wow, what a beautiful hike and falls.

Good hike, more of an easy hike than moderate though

Nice hike, there's still a fair amount of ice and parts of the trail are slippery.