Dry Creek Falls via PCT

Dry Creek Falls via PCT is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Stevenson: Travel west on State Highway 14 for approximately three miles, just past the Bridge of Gods, to the trailhead.

Went in the pouring rain but still a great hike. Very green and the waterfall was flowing. Well maintained trail. A little difficult to find it (you have to cross the bridge of gods toll road and go uphill on the trail then turn right under 84 and follow a gravel road off to the right. PCT southbound is the trail on the left (a gorge trail is on the right) at the twin trailhead.) This trail is rated as moderate, but I found it to be quite easy and I'm a slow hiker with bad knees. It is very gradual elevation gain; no part of it felt rigorous at all. I thought it was much easier than Lattourell falls which is rated as easy. I took 2 dogs and they had a good time, too.

Beautiful hike through the forest on the PCT. Not too busy on a weekday. Trail is well maintained. Dry Creek Falls is spectacular!

Great hike to take the kids!

Nice and quiet. Beautiful waterfall

The Wy'east wolf pack had 100 or so runners out on the trail. Most of them were sweet as can be, a couple were rude. Sweet or rude, there were so many of them that they ruined the first mile. It's really not fun to spend 5 minutes perched teetering on a ledge with baby on back while runners trumble by. Then there's the one who rushed past me while I stumbled into a mud hole and twisted my ankle. I have cerebral palsy. I also have a right to be on the trail. I glared at a lot of runners after that.

Once they left we had fun. Afterward a gaggle bobbed nearby where my group sunbathed and complained about girl hikers who took up the whole trail. Um, a little bit of self awareness on their part??? I reserved my distaste for them for this review. When I came back through it was clear someone hadn't received the memo on leave no trace.

The waterfall was gorgeous. It is no longer unmarred by entitled aggressive folk. But wow, what a beautiful hike and falls.

Good hike, more of an easy hike than moderate though

Nice hike, there's still a fair amount of ice and parts of the trail are slippery.