Dry Creek Falls via PCT

Dry Creek Falls via PCT is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Stevenson: Travel west on State Highway 14 for approximately three miles, just past the Bridge of Gods, to the trailhead.

I’d probably rate this as an easy trail. The falls are great and we only met a handful of others on the trail. It was pretty sad seeing all the damage from the wildfire throughout the hike.

A beautiful hike. the online maps say it is closed, but it is not closed. my wife and I had no problems hiking up to the waterfall. we then went a bit further down the pct till it met with the Herman Bridge TR. we took the Herman Bridge TR back down then walked back to are start for a nice 10.7 mile hike. (the Herman Bridge TR is also open and cleared for hiking in spite of the closed that it says on line)

Beautiful falls. Not too difficult hike (we even took 5 beginners). The trail wasn’t busy- even on a Saturday.

Spectacular falls! Many wildflowers in early July. Blackberries and thimbleberries along the trail barely starting to ripen. Not too much poison oak.

Trail is technically closed right now due to wildfire damage. However, trail is clear of debris and is an easy beautiful hike to the waterfall.

This was my first hike, and one of the best simple ones I have ever done. Make sure to stop at the brewery on your way out!

Lovey walk with shade from the trees. Quite trail and easy to find the way with good trail markers along route. Beautiful waterfall.

Easy access. Trail narrow at times and a bit rocky. Watch your footing. The falls provided some much needed air conditioning by the time we reached them. Overall, easy hike.

Nice easy hike. About 2.1 miles on the PCT in the beginning, followed by a jaunt up a gravel road to dry creek falls.

Nice easy trail with a beautiful waterfall at the end.

It was beautiful and the falls are awesome. Pretty easy hike though. I like them a little longer if they're not as difficult

Nice hike and nice falls. The hardest part is the first mile

Fairly easy hike. We went with our little toddler in a baby carrier and all of us enjoyed it.
Stop by and say hello to Herman the sturgeon on your way back and make it an outing!

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Nice moderate hike. Beautiful Oregon greenery hike to a nice waterfall. Not crowded at all for a Thursday afternoon around 1600.

Monday, June 19, 2017

June 18, 2017 (Father's Day)

The trailhead is at the edge of a residential block on SW Moody Ave, right by the bridge.

The trail was beautiful, well maintained and led to the incredible Dry Creek Falls. There were only a dozen or so hikers on the trail around 11am, and by 1pm there were a lot more people on the trail (on my way back from the falls.) Still open parking spots though.

Monday, June 05, 2017

Pretty hike through the woods, nothing too strenuous. Falls at the end are absolutely stunning.

Friday, June 02, 2017

good hike! very low traffic. wasnt amazing though, may not come back, but i enjoyed it.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A classic PNW day hike that was far quieter than expected for being such a nice day. Elevation gain, though light is skewed towards the start of the hike rather than the end where you find yourself wandering along some surprisingly big drop offs.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Went in the pouring rain but still a great hike. Very green and the waterfall was flowing. Well maintained trail. A little difficult to find it (you have to cross the bridge of gods toll road and go uphill on the trail then turn right under 84 and follow a gravel road off to the right. PCT southbound is the trail on the left (a gorge trail is on the right) at the twin trailhead.) This trail is rated as moderate, but I found it to be quite easy and I'm a slow hiker with bad knees. It is very gradual elevation gain; no part of it felt rigorous at all. I thought it was much easier than Lattourell falls which is rated as easy. I took 2 dogs and they had a good time, too.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Beautiful hike through the forest on the PCT. Not too busy on a weekday. Trail is well maintained. Dry Creek Falls is spectacular!

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Great hike to take the kids!

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Nice and quiet. Beautiful waterfall

Sunday, April 09, 2017

The Wy'east wolf pack had 100 or so runners out on the trail. Most of them were sweet as can be, a couple were rude. Sweet or rude, there were so many of them that they ruined the first mile. It's really not fun to spend 5 minutes perched teetering on a ledge with baby on back while runners trumble by. Then there's the one who rushed past me while I stumbled into a mud hole and twisted my ankle. I have cerebral palsy. I also have a right to be on the trail. I glared at a lot of runners after that.

Once they left we had fun. Afterward a gaggle bobbed nearby where my group sunbathed and complained about girl hikers who took up the whole trail. Um, a little bit of self awareness on their part??? I reserved my distaste for them for this review. When I came back through it was clear someone hadn't received the memo on leave no trace.

The waterfall was gorgeous. It is no longer unmarred by entitled aggressive folk. But wow, what a beautiful hike and falls.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Good hike, more of an easy hike than moderate though

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Nice hike, there's still a fair amount of ice and parts of the trail are slippery.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Pretty easy hike. Snow made it a bit more difficult. Great waterfall.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Short simple hike. Easy to walk past. Follow Trail to the right.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Gorgeous hike. Waterfall is worth the hike up.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Great easy trail for families and it leads to a pretty waterfall! Use your forest pass and hook another hike to this in the gorge area because it is short...just enough to make you want to chase more waterfalls. Its leveled the entire way, but a slight incline up in the beginning. Park at the trailhead and cross the street (watch for traffic from people driving to and from the toll bridge). You will be under the main highway and you need to stay to the right towards the pacific crest trail south.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Hiked 3/4 of the way to Herman Creek Trailhead. Pretty flat, no real spikes in elevation. A few good views but mostly dense forest and a few waterfalls. $5 to park.