Drift Creek Falls Trail

Drift Creek Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln City, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 462 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Hwy 101 entry: Off Highway 101 south of Lincoln City, north of Salishan. Travel east on Drift Creek Road, right on South Drift Creek Road mile. Turn left onto Forest Service Road 17. Stay on Forest Service Road 17 to trailhead, approximately, 10 miles. Hwy 101/Highway 18 entry: At Hwy 101/18 junction travel east 4.5 miles on Hwy 18. Travel south on Bear Creek County Road 3.5 miles. Continue straight 7 miles on Forest Service Road 17 to trailhead.

Beautiful and super easy with kid!

We got there mid morning and the parking lot was already full. This trail gets busier as the day wears on. Nice, well maintained trail. Incredible suspension bridge over the falls. A couple nice pools to rest your feet in along the way as well.

It was a fun trip. I'm an asthmatic and out of shape ans had to stop frequently but was able to hike there and back and had a fun time doing so. The scenery is stunning, waterfall beautiful, trails were muddy and slippery wear proper shoes of course!

Beautiful trail with an awesome suspension bridge. I'm afraid of heights but it was super sturdy and I was able to conquer it. We went on a rainy day and it was really slippery in some areas but it's expected in nature.

This hike was beautiful and the waterfall was amazing! We took our 9 month old in a jogging stroller and it did great. There were tree roots and a few places where 2 people had to carry it but overall doable. There are bathrooms but they are nasty and bring your own hand sanitizer and wipes. The road to get there was awful but it is paved. It’s a single lane and blind corners so drive slow and take your time. Overall this hike is worth it and we will definitely be doing it again!!!!!!!

This was a great trail with a lot of amazing scenery! The bridge is amazing with such a great view! I would highly recommend this trail to anyone. It is an easy hike that is very dog friendly.

Beautiful! Get there early......too many people!

Awesome hike! My husband and I did it with our two dogs today. Completely worth it! We highly recommend!!

Beautiful trail with such a cool bridge! This hike came up as suitable for wheelchairs and strollers, I can tell you that it is not with the incline and the amount of roots and uneven areas on the path. I went with an individual with limited mobility and we made it there and back! But it was tough and we probably wont be doing this one again. I will be going back, though.

Waterfall was absolutely worth the hike. very well maintained easy trail to get there.

bridge out

Would love to have done the hike today. Unfortunately it’s closed until the 24th for repairs. If I could give you this warning without rating it, I would. We will definitely be back to try again though!

Loved this hike!! So worth the height issue:)

Very easy laid back trail with a beautiful waterfall and awesome bridge.

Heads up they are doing bridge repair work from 6/17-6/24 based on a couple signs I saw today. Otherwise I highly recommend this area! Well managed trail, easy paced hike, friendly people along the way. Beautiful drive in, too!

Great hike after a day at the beach in Lincoln city. The drive is slow but on paved road. This hike gives you a unique perspective of a beautiful waterfall. The suspension provides the view and a fun moment for the kids. The whole hike was easy, and shaded through a beautiful forest. We recorded 4+ miles but that’s from playing at the falls.

Lovely easy hike with a big payoff at the end. Bring a lunch or snack and climb down to the creek by the falls for a awe inspiring stop

Fun trail and good workout coming back up. The bottom of the trail near the waterfall and creek has some good boulders to climb on to get a good view. The trail itself is a little hard because it’s paved but the paths are easy to maneuver. It took my group about an hour to go down and back, not including the time climbing down by the creek. Definitely a memorable hike. BE AWARE! The road climbing up to the trailhead is two ways and there are quite a few blind curves.

one of my favorite trails to do with family and my dog.

This was an easy fun trail. It was relaxing and it had a beautiful fall and fun suspension bridge. It had nice water to soak your feet in and relax at the bottom of the falls. Not many people there at all when we were there. Just us 4 for a long time.

Very nice trail. Take the northern loop and it is 3 miles one way. Suspension bridge and waterfall are beautiful. Trail is pretty wide most if the way.

a beautiful waterfall, a footbridge and a beautiful forest. what more ?

It’s got some big puddles right now! Wear your boots. Easy to moderate hiking.

I wouldn't necessarily say the trail is "easy", more so moderate. There's enough elevation gain that you'll definitely get a nice little sweat worked up. Heavily trafficked trail, which can be an asset when hiking solo as a woman. It makes me feel safer. SOME patches of old growth forest. And of course the suspension bridge is a blast. Beautiful small falls. Easy to hike down to the bottom of the falls. Good times!

magical little place

Beautiful area to hike! The suspension bridge is awesome.

Great little trail - the payoff is worth it for sure! The bridge is fun and sways just enough to give you a thrill. You can hike down to the base of the falls as well, which is a must. Take the North Loop trail to add a nice little incline and probably another half mile or so to the hike.

didn't disappoint at all. bridge made it all come together to be a hike different than most. clovers and flowers blooming and the perfect temperature.