Drift Creek Falls Trail

Drift Creek Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln City, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 462 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Hwy 101 entry: Off Highway 101 south of Lincoln City, north of Salishan. Travel east on Drift Creek Road, right on South Drift Creek Road mile. Turn left onto Forest Service Road 17. Stay on Forest Service Road 17 to trailhead, approximately, 10 miles. Hwy 101/Highway 18 entry: At Hwy 101/18 junction travel east 4.5 miles on Hwy 18. Travel south on Bear Creek County Road 3.5 miles. Continue straight 7 miles on Forest Service Road 17 to trailhead.

icy

major snow on the road to get there

fee

A rainy and windy hike today and it was excellent! I did the 3-mile out and back in one hour. The suspension bridge is very cool, and the waterfall was flowing furiously.

Went this morning 1-8-2020, weather was wet, but not bad, 38 degrees when we started. Trail itself was in excellent shape. The trail is absolutely beautiful and the suspension bride was awesome. The falls were beautiful with an amazing amount of water flowing

Went in the early afternoon on a Saturday, very wet with a lot of rain. Muddy the entire way in, which is mostly downhill, but was dry on the way out, mostly slight uphill coming out. Coming out didn’t seem as muddy. Suspension bridge across to the falls is really cool. Great view of cascading falls. Well worth the short hike

Great trail. The suspension bridge is really cool and the falls are gorgeous

fee

Went on a rainy day at sunrise. There was only one over Vehicle in the parking lot. Very muddy and puddles the entire way to the falls. Downhill to the falls, uphill on the whole way back. Once you get to the bottom you can climb on the rocks to get close and personal for epic pictures or videos but be careful, very slippery! I was soaked from all the mist and back splash of the falls. Bring appropriate clothes if don't want to get wet.

Be careful if you venture close to the falls. The rocks are insanely slick with green algae/moss. Very difficult to get out if you slide down to the base of the falls.

Really beautiful hike with a great payoff at the end. The suspension bridge gets a little icy in colder weather and the trail was a bit muddy and/or slippery in spots, leading to a couple skids but happily no falls! As others mentioned, the forestry road to the trailhead is relatively narrow and winding, but very well maintained and paved the entire way.

Had a great time hiking here with my dog today. We arrived at the parking lot/trail head about 10:00am and there were only 4 other vehicles in the lot. When we came back off the trail, the entire lot was full!! Other reviewers talked about the narrow road and I ma grateful for that. I also was able to throw my Jeep into mud/sand mode where the road was unpaved, which was kind of cool. The hike itself was really easy: more of a nature walk. Couple of muddy spots here and there, but the trail was well maintained. Highly recommend going early and seeing the falls in person. Bring your dog! My dog loved it out there.

Beautiful easy hike. My daughters and I enjoyed this stroll on Drift Creek trail. The suspension bridge was amazing. And, the view of the falls and bridge at the end of the trail (bottom view, looking up) is great. As many have mentioned, beware of the winding and very narrow roads to get to this hike. Otherwise definitely reccomend.

Super awesome trail! We didn't have any trouble with parking but also arrived around 11am Friday morning, so maybe it was because of it being a weekday! The $5 parking fee is true, and super easy to pay/fill out. Make sure you bring cash. There are 2 ways to get to the bridge/falls, with a long/rugged or a short and easy path. Both are equally easy, but one is definitely longer. When you come to the fork in the path at the number "3" wooden post, right is the short path and left is the longer one. Overall great hike and would definitely do again with any age range, and dogs are welcome!

This is an easy hike with a really cool suspension bridge and fantastic falls. Great for photography buffs..

We just did this hike this morning 9/30/19. The trail was still in great condition, a little muddy in some parts but we made our way just fine in about an hour and a half. I'm glad I read previous reviews and took the advice of getting there early, we arrived by about 10:30 am and we easily got a parking spot. By the time we were done by noon, the whole lot was full. The Forest Service Road 17 (off Highway 101 and Drift Creek Road) was paved but very narrow, drive carefully on your way to the trail. Make sure you bring a forest pass or $5 cash for parking (day passes, trail maps, trash bins, and restrooms are available at the trailhead). Bring a leash and doggie bags if you're bringing along a pet. The bridge was awesome to cross, it felt sturdy to me. I would love to do this trail again and try branching off for the North Loop.

Amazing place!!!

Nice easy trail, too many people.

Great little hike. My first one on the coast. Trail is in excellent condition. The ride up was just as beautiful as the trail.

This is a great hike. The bridge is awesome. A bit steep and long coming back out but it’s worth it

Nice relaxing hike to a suspension bridge overlooking a waterfall. The parking lot was full so we had to park on the shoulder. It took us a little over an hour to do this hike.