EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Drift Creek Falls Trail

Drift Creek Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln City, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 462 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Hwy 101 entry: Off Highway 101 south of Lincoln City, north of Salishan. Travel east on Drift Creek Road, right on South Drift Creek Road mile. Turn left onto Forest Service Road 17. Stay on Forest Service Road 17 to trailhead, approximately, 10 miles. Hwy 101/Highway 18 entry: At Hwy 101/18 junction travel east 4.5 miles on Hwy 18. Travel south on Bear Creek County Road 3.5 miles. Continue straight 7 miles on Forest Service Road 17 to trailhead.

This is an easy hike with a really cool suspension bridge and fantastic falls. Great for photography buffs..

We just did this hike this morning 9/30/19. The trail was still in great condition, a little muddy in some parts but we made our way just fine in about an hour and a half. I'm glad I read previous reviews and took the advice of getting there early, we arrived by about 10:30 am and we easily got a parking spot. By the time we were done by noon, the whole lot was full. The Forest Service Road 17 (off Highway 101 and Drift Creek Road) was paved but very narrow, drive carefully on your way to the trail. Make sure you bring a forest pass or $5 cash for parking (day passes, trail maps, trash bins, and restrooms are available at the trailhead). Bring a leash and doggie bags if you're bringing along a pet. The bridge was awesome to cross, it felt sturdy to me. I would love to do this trail again and try branching off for the North Loop.

Amazing place!!!

nice easy trail. to many people.

Great little hike. My first one on the coast. Trail is in excellent condition. The ride up was just as beautiful as the trail.

This is a great hike. The bridge is awesome. A bit steep and long coming back out but it’s worth it

Nice relaxing hike to a suspension bridge overlooking a waterfall. The parking lot was full so we had to park on the shoulder. It took us a little over an hour to do this hike.

Great hike. We started at 10:30 on a weekday and it wasn’t too busy, but by the time we left at noon, the parking lot was full. Get there early!

So worth it! It was a wonderful walk. The bridge and waterfall were stunning. The drive up the mountain was a little sketchy. There were some points where I thought I was driving the wrong way because two cars cannot pass by each other. The roads are very narrow.

Good quality maintained trail for all different levels of hikers & also dog friendly. Even accessible for strollers. Limited parking space so arrive at the trailhead, the earlier the better. I decided to include the north loop into my hike also, which added about .6 miles. I recommend doing that if you’re looking for a little bit longer of a hike.

Great hike! Remember to bring $5 for parking. We had two kids and two adults who aren’t much into hiking and were wore out. I found it to be a easy and relaxing hike. It’s very pretty and was humid. The drive from the main road is long and narrow, two way traffic on a one way back road is a little intense in certain areas. I recommend to start early to beat some of the traffic.

Great for dogs and family friendly. The suspension bridge was very cool. Only a small amount of water but plenty for the pup to cool off in.

A fairly easy hike, but crowded sometimes. Theres a suspension footbridge bridge over the gorge and waterfall, quite beautiful!

Great easy hike! Busy busy trail. Don't forget your pass or $5. Good for all ages/levels. Dog friendly, too. Sadly we packed out more trash than we came with...And a bunch of dog poo, not picked up. This ruins and closes trails. PLEASE RESPECT NATURE and pick up your garbage and dog poo. For those with bridge fears, it's not bad..I survived.. :)

One of my all time favorites. Will hike here again!

Great easy hike. Falls are still going strong for this late in the summer. I’m sure they are quite impressive in the spring. Great suspension bridge. Get to the trailhead early. Parking is limited.

Stroller approved. Took the baby (9 months) in the jogging stroller and he did great. Bathrooms available but they weren’t very clean. The waterfall is beautiful and so is the bridge. The hike isn’t too hard but makes for a good workout. The road to get there is a little rough. Pretty much single lane and windy but take it slow and take your time. May go again.

easy wide trail, good for kids and water fall is beautiful and u can get up close and personal with it. very cool bridge to walk across family and i enjoyed it

Nice.

A good trail for kids, it wasn't my favorite because I'm used to greater views and larger waterfalls. Maybe it would be prettier earlier in the year when it's less dry. Pretty accessible though! We passed someone hiking the trail with crutches.

Easy trail & fun bridge. Get there early before the crowds.

Awesome trail! Wasn’t too busy and the trail itself was in great shape. Took about 40mins to get to the falls and about the same to get out.

Beautiful trail. It’s a long haul up to the trailhead and I was asking myself regularly are we almost there yet. It’s a nice wide trail, the suspension bridge and waterfall are awesome.

Very popular and busy on a Saturday in the summer (Not a bad thing though). Gorgeous views. A good workout! Took about 40 min each way. 80-90 total. Lots of dogs and kids and elderly. Takes a while to drive to the trailhead. Bending roads, narrow. But not an issue

Very beautiful! The only reason for 4 stars is because many people heard about the beauty too and all decided to hike it today! Well maintained trail, awesome bridge, and a super cool waterfall to admire!

This is really close to where I was staying. The drive is up a pretty narrow road, it is paved all the way to the top, but there are sections of blind corners, and parts of the road where it is barely wide enough for two vehicles. The trail itself is very beautiful and the switchbacks are well graded. The bridge itself is really amazing and a tad frightening to cross the first time because you feel it semi move underneath you and your weight. It’s very safe to cross, just intimidating to be 100 feet off the ground over a waterfall. I hiked all the way to the base of the falls to shoot photography, but it seemed a lot of the traffic stopped on the bridge. A really beautiful place to visit and a really fun hike while you’re visiting the coast. I’d wear some shoes with some really good grip because the rocks at the base of the falls even in the trail were very slippery. I would not suggest something with no traction or a flat sandal on this trail at the base of the falls the trail to the bridge should be just fine and just about any kind of footwear because it so well graded. Totally worth the trip I had a great time hiking here.

Such a perfect hike took this one solo with my dog met so many friendly people along the way