Drift Creek Falls Trail

Drift Creek Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cutler City, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Flanked by ferns, alder trees and vine maple, Drift Creek Trail winds through the rain-drenched Siuslaw National Forest. The highlight of the trail is a 240-foot long cable suspension bridge. Anchored by cables and ties that are cemented into opposing bluffs, the bridge holds over a hundred fifty thousand pounds. While the bridge does offer a bit of a bounce, the thirty-inch wide tread is perfectly safe and the bird’s-eye view will leave you spellbound. As does Drift Creek Falls, a 65-foot freefall, whopper of a waterfall that’s located immediately below you. $5 fee to park.

Pleasant hike but very crowded. The drive up after turning off the highway was quite a bit longer than I expected and very winding, with some potholes and most of it being single lane it was a little nerve wracking for me. I arrived right after 11am on a Thursday and the lot was completely full. About ten cars showed up right behind me and all just parked along the side of the road. Seems to be one of our local “hotspots” with need for permits in the near future. Bathrooms at the parking lot were indescribably filthy. I’m a nurse and I dry heaved... then practically bathed in hand sani. Would not recommend for a peaceful, quiet hike through nature due to the crowding. Great hike to go be out with friends/family, it’s not super hard, the bridge was cool, and some people were swimming around the waterfall at the end.

Great hike not too hard and the bridge is amazing

Easy gradual hike. Flies were annoying but the bridge was worth it. Parking was full on a Monday afternoon.

Great hike amazing waterfall at the end.

Suspension bridge, waterfall, dense forest... LOVE!
Elevation gain was about 728 feet combined. Not very steep at all at its "worse." Took my 75 year old father and he did fine for being an inactive person.

Great family hike filled with a ton of nature (we spotted a snake, chipmunk, millipede & an assortment of birds). The suspension bridge at the end is the highlight and a pretty neat experience.

A nice, easy, well maintained trail if you want a break from beach activities on coast. Waterfall and suspension bridge at end of trail very unique and there is some good rock scrambling for the kids (optional at end of hike). Trail is well graded so really no serious uphill hiking. Access road to trailhead is long and narrow - but paved, so a big plus - a nice drive through forest.

This is a great family trail. I took my daughter and her best friend, both 14. We had a great time. The trail is well taken care of and it is a very peaceful hike. The bridge is great! Perfect multiple view photo opportunity for subjects or the falls. When you make it down to the bottom be sure to explore. It is worth climbing around and getting your feet wet. Depending on your timing you can walk right up next to the bottom of the falls and get soaked in a heartbeat by the spray.

As a follow up to Katie Holts review yesterday. We went at 10am and there was maybe 5 bees the whole way. So don’t let that review deter you unless you are going later in the day maybe?

This is a wonderful hike. Took a 4,6 and 9 year old. The 4 year old was whining pretty good most of the way back but we made it.

This review would be perfect except for one thing... bees! Thankfully I’m not allergic, because I was stung TWICE while on the trail. We hiked with our dog and never left the trail once or disturbed any nature, however for the majority of our hike in and about half the hike back out we were followed by numerous vengeful bees. I was stung twice, once on each leg. Thankfully my wife and dog were not stung but that doesn’t mean they weren’t also at the mercy of these evil bees!

This hike is very pretty, the road in and trail are both well maintained, and the high bridge and waterfall at the end are both worth it. However, please take this with as much caution as possible, FOR THOSE ALLERGIC TO BEES: Do Not Hike This Trail! Even with an EpiPen, these bees will not leave you alone!

Won’t be returning anytime soon.

Awesome hike trail for a family. We brought our 13 yr old, 8 yr old and 7 yr old to do the hike and they enjoyed it. The suspension bridge was next to the waterfall, which was at the end of the trail. We did the whole hike just under 2hrs (round trip). Great views all around. Paths were well maintained and easy to follow.

My favorite waterfall to dance beneath. Great little hike with wonderful rewards.

Nice excursion away from the coast. good trail with a nice bridge and small waterfalls at the end before turning around. rec. do the north loop on the way out.

Beautiful! Waterfall and bridge create an ideal backdrop for a hike. We took our 1 1/2 year old and he was able to navigate the trail just fine. Totally family and pet friendly! Great way to spend the day!

This trail was beautiful and fun to walk. We enjoyed very much.

Easy but still very fun and interesting! Leads to a beautiful spot, the suspension bridge is neat and the road driving in is well maintained. We started around 10 am and barely beat the big crowds, lots of cars parked along the road when we left at noon.

Populated with trees that creak in the wind, wildflowers, several bridges. The bridge with the view of the falls is almost a more spectacular view than the base of the falls itself, but one can climb right beside the falls at the base.

This hike is so popular, so if you want a parking spot, get there early. It’s short and sweet, well maintained, and has a suspension bridge and waterfall. This was my third time on this hike, and I’m not tired of it yet.

Fun trail. We went in December and it was a bit soggy but it was still fun.

This is one of my favorite trails for several reasons. It's short and easy enough that everyone can do it. The wooded wilderness setting is nice and the falls at the end are beautiful, but for me, the suspension bridge is the highlight. Just fun walking across it with the views down to the Falls. This is one of the best Central Oregon coast hikes around. Only reason I don't rate it higher is that facilities is just an outhouse. Other than that, this trail is great!

I went on this hike with my husband and our 1.5 year old daughter. She was strapped on my back and we let her down a few times to run around. My favorite hike I’ve been on! So gorgeous and hiking down below to the base of the falls was incredible as well as the bridge. Gorgeous hike. Highly recommend.

Beautiful fall and bridge at the end of the trail

Awesome hike for a good day with your dogs! There is even places for them to drink and swim!

Nice hike, short and good rewards at the end: Suspended bridge and tall waterfall.

Beautiful popular fern forest trail with dramatic falls and suspension bridge.

Loved this hike and the bridge is spectacular. Not difficult to get to the falls.

Great hike! Well maintained. Plenty of parking when we were there and clean rests stop.

Loved this hike. Trails were clean and wide and it was lovely scenery.

Easy hike, beautiful trail. It was a tad muddy in spots but not bad. We arrived this morning with only one car parked next to us and left with about 15. So it does get busy on the nice sunny days.

Easy hike and beautiful! bring some goldfish crackers and feed the chipmunks near the falls! some take it right from your hand!