Drift Creek Falls Trail

Drift Creek Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cutler City, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Flanked by ferns, alder trees and vine maple, Drift Creek Trail winds through the rain-drenched Siuslaw National Forest. The highlight of the trail is a 240-foot long cable suspension bridge. Anchored by cables and ties that are cemented into opposing bluffs, the bridge holds over a hundred fifty thousand pounds. While the bridge does offer a bit of a bounce, the thirty-inch wide tread is perfectly safe and the bird’s-eye view will leave you spellbound. As does Drift Creek Falls, a 65-foot freefall, whopper of a waterfall that’s located immediately below you. $5 fee to park.

easy hike with a wonderful ending!!!

Went and hiked out to the waterfall with my wife on 4 Jan. Trail was muddy is some spots, but nothing severe. The suspension bridge was fun to cross and I enjoyed the lower view of the fall, which is going strong this time of year.

The hike was short and easy, even with the optional North Loop trail. Boots recommended.

Beautiful easy hike. The elevation is gradually and comes on at a steady pace. Took my wife and kids. Ages 5 and 6. My one year old went into my Phil and teds carrier and onto my back. Highly recommended.

Hiked in light rain and the trail held nicely. The North Loop was in good shape also. The approach road was easy in a rental sedan: paved all the way and about 16' wide. That said, I wouldn't try to get a camper up here: tight turns, low branches, and very little turnaround space at the trailhead. Loved this hike.

easy 2.6 mile hike. highly recommend it. the waterfall was super pretty and the bridge above it was very neat!

Beautiful, went in rainy December and the trail was in good shape.

Easy fun trail

This is a nice, easy trail with a great view of the waterfall!

This is an easy kid and pet friendly hike

Suspension bridge great bonus.

My dog and I hiked this gorgeous trail today. Super easy, well maintained, awesome suspension bridge across the creek and adjacent to falls, beautiful falls.

Amazing hike! Can’t wait to come back in summer to splash in the creek.

Very busy trail, but super cool waterfall and bridge. Go when no one else is there (weekday).

Really nice trail walk to the suspension bridge and waterfall! This is an EASY trail with a pretty grand ending, therefore it draws a lot of attention-ie other hikers, kids, etc. If you want to avoid people, I’d aim for hiking it on a weekday morning. Otherwise, expect to share the experience :)

A great hike and less traffic on a Monday early afternoon.

A great, easy hike for the whole family to enjoy. Easily our favorite hiking spot to take the kids along on.

Nice easy trail. Busy. Take the north loop to avoid the traffic. Falls are nice, bridge is cool. Collected some mushrooms, yum.

The wander in is really pretty. fairly deep forest. Not especially challenging. couple minor hills but thats really all. the view of the falls from the bridge and the area across the canyon are absolutely wonderful.
That much said, even on a cool early Friday morning there were a ton of people. on my way in, I passed 4 groups of people in less than a mile. all of them were super friendly and gave a pleasent good morning as we passed each other. on the way out, however, I must have passed 10 to 15 groups totalling 50 to 60 people. and most of them had zero trail manners, using their large 5 to 10 people group to block the whole trail forcing me completely off the rather wide trail. Some of the groups had younger kids who were yelling and screaming and stomping on mushrooms and trying to push over small trees. while I'm happy to see parents bringing their kids in a no cell service area, a little respect for nature wouldnt hurt.
I may go back during the spring run off, but not unless its a cold rainy day.

We hiked this trail on father's day and it was very busy, but not over crowded, fairly easy walking, my 5yr old almost did the whole trail on his own, so it's very kind friendly. loved the view of the falls and the pools at the bottom to play in the water and cool off.

Easy, beautiful hike.

Awesome place to take friends and family

Drive out on one lane road was tricky. But well worth it. Trail was easy. Nice waterfall.

One lane road to parking at the head of the trail. Trail was nice and easy, perfect for beginners and kids.

Easy hike with beautiful scenery. We took the North Loop headed in to add more mileage but backed out using the regular path. The trail is managed well with some tree roots you have to be mindful of on the walking path. The inclines are easy with just enough intensity to get you breathing deeply. We went midweek in August in the middle of the afternoon and it was busy. The bridge is rad and I expected it to sway and bounce more than actually did. We drove to the trail head from Lincoln City on a 12 mile stretch of road that was narrow, winding, and had a few switchbacks. Drive carefully!

This is a nice easy hike with a beautiful Suspension bridge that overlooks the falls. We drove in by the Southern route. The drive treats you to old growth forest and giant ferns.

lost cell coverage driving up the mountain to the trail head.beautiful place.would go again.

Lots of traffic on a Friday. Very easy walk. Nice suspension bridge. Ranger was ticketing cars without appropriate passes when we arrived. Make sure yours is visible.

Pleasant hike but very crowded. The drive up after turning off the highway was quite a bit longer than I expected and very winding, with some potholes and most of it being single lane it was a little nerve wracking for me. I arrived right after 11am on a Thursday and the lot was completely full. About ten cars showed up right behind me and all just parked along the side of the road. Seems to be one of our local “hotspots” with need for permits in the near future. Bathrooms at the parking lot were indescribably filthy. I’m a nurse and I dry heaved... then practically bathed in hand sani. Would not recommend for a peaceful, quiet hike through nature due to the crowding. Great hike to go be out with friends/family, it’s not super hard, the bridge was cool, and some people were swimming around the waterfall at the end.

Great hike not too hard and the bridge is amazing