Drift Creek Falls Trail

Drift Creek Falls Trail is a 4.2 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cutler City, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.2 km
141 m

Flanked by ferns, alder trees and vine maple, Drift Creek Trail winds through the rain-drenched Siuslaw National Forest. The highlight of the trail is a 240-foot long cable suspension bridge. Anchored by cables and ties that are cemented into opposing bluffs, the bridge holds over a hundred fifty thousand pounds. While the bridge does offer a bit of a bounce, the thirty-inch wide tread is perfectly safe and the bird’s-eye view will leave you spellbound. As does Drift Creek Falls, a 65-foot freefall, whopper of a waterfall that’s located immediately below you. $5 fee to park.

Fun trail. We went in December and it was a bit soggy but it was still fun.

This is one of my favorite trails for several reasons. It's short and easy enough that everyone can do it. The wooded wilderness setting is nice and the falls at the end are beautiful, but for me, the suspension bridge is the highlight. Just fun walking across it with the views down to the Falls. This is one of the best Central Oregon coast hikes around. Only reason I don't rate it higher is that facilities is just an outhouse. Other than that, this trail is great!

I went on this hike with my husband and our 1.5 year old daughter. She was strapped on my back and we let her down a few times to run around. My favorite hike I’ve been on! So gorgeous and hiking down below to the base of the falls was incredible as well as the bridge. Gorgeous hike. Highly recommend.

Beautiful fall and bridge at the end of the trail

Awesome hike for a good day with your dogs! There is even places for them to drink and swim!

Nice hike, short and good rewards at the end: Suspended bridge and tall waterfall.

Beautiful popular fern forest trail with dramatic falls and suspension bridge.

Loved this hike and the bridge is spectacular. Not difficult to get to the falls.

Great hike! Well maintained. Plenty of parking when we were there and clean rests stop.

Loved this hike. Trails were clean and wide and it was lovely scenery.

Easy hike, beautiful trail. It was a tad muddy in spots but not bad. We arrived this morning with only one car parked next to us and left with about 15. So it does get busy on the nice sunny days.

Easy hike and beautiful! bring some goldfish crackers and feed the chipmunks near the falls! some take it right from your hand!

Beautiful forest hike ending in a glorious bridge, waterfall, and swimming hole if so inclined. We hiked down to the fork in the road by the river where “North Loop” is clearly labeled and, having read previous reviews thought “let’s take that one so we get a little more exercise in,” but it looped us back to the beginning of the trail where it had first forked off to make the north loop. The beginning fork is unmarked so we had missed it and ended up walking six miles total round trip (because we weren’t going to miss the bridge and waterfall). So if you want a longer hike (but aren’t in the mood for six miles), take a right up the hill at the first fork which will take you over the hill before meeting up at the river with the main trail. Real pretty trail as well and adds a bit more to the walk.

Amazing hike! Super easy and a lot of fun. We went on a Monday afternoon and had pretty much the entire trail to ourselves. Absolutely loved the suspension bridge and the waterfall is just gorgeous. I highly recommend this hike!

Amazing

Beautiful hidden hike. Took longer than I thought to get to the trailhead but was totally worth it! Good hike if you’re headed to the beach

This trail is another awesome hidden gem. The trail itself is fairly easy to moderate at points, as it had some downed trees and bush across the path. I hiked the weekend of the windstorm in April 2018. The suspension bridge was great, I was expecting more movement, but it only had slight bobbing with only me on it. Very sturdy and well built, with a perfect view of the gorge and falls below. Keep going down the trail after crossing, as it switches back down towards the falls for a front row view. Very powerful, and pools were filled and raging at this time of year. Hike back is all up hill, but not bad at all. I had the place to myself early, but passed many people coming down on my way back up.

Easy out and back trail. Was surprisingly busy for a middle of the week... was spring break for some, just not Oregon. Good views. Well maintained.

Nice hike. Kids liked the falls. Good workout. Really far out while driving. You think maybe you've missed it. Keep going. Worth the drive.

Easy hike. Definitely worth seeing the bridge and falls. Plan to do again soon.

SUPER easy hike! Got there faster than I was expecting and even got to stand at the base of the falls! Definitely one I’ll be revisiting soon!

Beautiful hike and stunning waterfall.

Amazing place absolutely love it!

Very fun short hike w great views! We missed the North loop which would have made it a bit longer. But crowded on a Sunny weekend and hard to find a parking space. There is a nice side trip- a covered bridge on bear creek road if u go that way instead of taking 101.

Great hike.... cable suspension bridge and view of fall were awesome

Have done this hike many times and enjoyed it each time! A very fun short hike with a wonderful view!

Nice easy trail (little muddy in spots). Appreciated the suspension bridge and the waterfall.

Holy cow! What a beautiful hike. The suspension bridge was amazing! Falls were absolutely stunning!

Did the trail with 4 adults & 5 young kids. So fun. About an hour to there and and hour back. Beautiful perfect family outing. $5 day use parking fee. Don’t be fooled by long country road, this is a heavily used trail. Might want to come early so you can find parking.

The water fall was really pretty and the view from the suspension bridge But this place gets SUPER crowded after a certain time so try to go as EARLY as possible because it just gets annoying when the crowd piles up.