Dome Rock Peak Trail

Dome Rock Peak Trail is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gates, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Moderate to Hard is fair. Total trip was 9.8 miles. Great views at the top but only a few lookout opportunities on the way up. Trail was not marked but its about a .3 miles down the road on the right side. For the first trail split (<1 mile) take the left trail (the up trail). About 4.5 miles (total) you will come to the dome rock trail that is marked

Great trail and perfect 360 degree view of cascade. It’s about 10 miles though not 8.

Great hike with no mosquitoes in August. Over 10 mi rt. All Trails map helpful as trail splits a couple of times. Just keep climbing to 360 degree views of Cascades and West Cascades. You take Tumble Ridge Trail up to Dome Rock Trail. Worth it.

Great views and great conditioning hike if you add in Tumble Lake makes it 12.5 miles

Well maintained trail. Steady uphill climb. Nice view of Detroit Lake. Be prepared for mosquitos. They are aggressive.

I have done this hike probably close to 10 times. I use it as a conditioning hike to prepare for S Sisters or St Helens because of the length and elevation gain. I checked the distance today with Map my Hike app and the distance from the top of Dome Rock to parking lot on Hwy 22 was just over 5 miles making round trip just over 10. Great hike for getting in shape.

Large snow patches at 3.5 miles in.

Snow about 2 miles in or so. Past the meadow it got very deep and I was postholing my entire leg. Snow soft due to heat. I'd recommend getting there early for snow crossings. Snow shoes seemed useful. Microspikes helped until snow got deep. Might attempt again soon and just start in very early AM. Beautiful. Even if you don't make it, a great hike with beautiful views of Detroit Lake. I hiked 4/22/18.

Thursday, August 24, 2017

good workout to a great 360° view from the top

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Great hike with great viewpoint!!!

Friday, March 10, 2017

I snowshoed this last winter. It was so fun! I'll admit, the only way I was able to get up there was by following someone else's tracks. Otherwise, I would've been at a loss. I suggest knowing exactly where you're going because the snow covers everything resembling a trail the further up you get. Some very impressive views all the way up. I didn't quite make it to Dome Rock tho. I was running out of light so I stopped at the outcropping you pass once you reach about 4000 ft. Can't wait to do it again!

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

It was very steep on the way up, but once you make it to the top the view is so worth all of it!

Thursday, July 27, 2017