Dogwood Wild Cherry Loop Trail

Dogwood Wild Cherry Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portland, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 505 feet Route Type: Loop

gets a little hard on the incline. I'd call this on the more aggressive side of "easy" could actually be rated as moderate. no waterfalls or water holes but a nice paved hike

This was a beautiful and quiet walk on July 4th. It was a little challenging for my parents, but overall enjoyed by all.

we added on to this trail, and loved every minute of it. great uphills, lots of people, but not crowded at all. very well maintained. such a beautiful place to be.

A well maintained, well marked trail. It was enough to get the blood pumping, but not difficult. A lovely walk in the forest!

Light trail not strenuous. When you get to the bottom of wild cherry trail you take a left (walk past the honey buckets) and keep going till you see the sign on left for dogwood trail. A good amount of people running on the road just off the trail.

Quick but good hike. Uphill is steady but not bad.

A nice heart thumper for my first home of the year. Very grateful for the sudden awesome weather after such a late and unusual cold spell. Though I got a very late start I'm glad I finally motivated to get out the door. There were tons of people on the trail and all along the road at every parking shoulder. The trail was not significantly muddy. There were a few tiny streams of water crossing the trail, but not enough to puddle up.

perfect length for a early afternoon hike.

Perfect for a quick up and down hike! Dog loved it too!

Monday, September 25, 2017

This part of Forest Park will never disappoint. This is a great short hike to do in the morning or after work. The Wildwood trail can get a bit busy on the weekends with trail runners but otherwise this is a totally enjoyable hike. Down Wild Cherry and up Dogwood feels a bit more steep coming up then the other way around, where Wild Cherry ascent feels a little more gradual to me.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

I hiked this with my 5 and 7 year olds and our dog. It was fairly crowded by late morning but we got our forest fix!

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Not an easy 2.4 miles for someone who isn't in shape but a nice one if you are! Well maintained trail. The directions don't take you to a trailhead. I entered on 53rd

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Nice and easy morning hike. It was quiet during the early hours on a Sunday.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Great trail for trail running. It's a beautiful forest to escape from the city for a bit. Heavily wooded area. Not really any vistas. Quite muddy.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Good for an easy short morning hike.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Do not follow the directions to GPS coordinates; this is not the trailhead! You will find yourself at an auto body shop on NW St Helen's Rd without parking. There appears to be a trail or fire road with a chain across it...but can't park there anyway. Hook up from NW 53rd or elsewhere.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Awesome hike with great forest views. Paths are well maintained. I loved that they were wide enough that we could hike side by side instead of single file.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

A nice easy loop for a Sunday morning. The trilliums were in full bloom, blanketing the forest floor with white and pink flowers. We were thrilled and totally distracted by them at first. The novelty finally wore off and we continued on our journey. I loved the deep forest feel with a variety of trees: lacey cedars, towering firs and canyons of alder groves. The trail is well-maintained and moderately busy, but there was always room to pass other hikers. We began with Dogwood Trail, descended down, across Wildwood Trail, turned right on Lief Erickson Dr, until you come to Wild Cherry Trail, turn right up the hill, back across Wildwood Trail and back to the car.