Devil's Peak

Devil's Peak is a 10.9 mile out and back trail located near Butte Falls, Oregon and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is best used from July until October.

rock climbing

So, just an FYI we did the shortened hike (where you drive up to hunchback mtn). There was no other page to post this, so I decided to post here in case anyone needs this info. There are several pages that will tell you that you do not need a high clearance vehicle to drive on this road...that is definitely not the case. I mean, we drove a Prius, and made it, but it wasn't worth it. It took over an hour to drive 9 miles and our car simply wasn't tall enough. The road is by far the worst I've ever seen. Either have a high clearance vehicle or hike the entire 11 miles!

Monday, September 26, 2016

It's A long hike but worth it, figure about 11 miles.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Friday, November 13, 2015

Hiked on October 31, 2015. Total miles hiked was 11.5 miles out and back. The sky was full of clouds and there were strong wind gusts in the saddles and on top of Devils Peak. Great views of Alta, North, Middle, South, Grass and Cliff lakes. The trail is in good condition and s pretty well signed. There are trails that lead to King Spruce Springs, Alta Lake and Cliff Lake. You can see Frog Lake to your right and is only a short distance from the trail. The lake was very low. As you continue on you can look up to your right, you will see Venus, Jupiter and Lucifer Peaks. Your journey will take you to the PCT where you hike for a very short distance before you head up the hill on the left to the top of Devils Peak. It was so windy that I had to set up my camera and mini tripod down in the rocks and support it with my gloves to hold it in place while I took a picture or my friend Dawn and myself. We only encountered 2 people hiking out from their backpacking trip into Alta Lake.