Deschutes River South Canyon Trail

Deschutes River South Canyon Trail is a 3.1 mile loop trail located near Bend, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

rock climbing

This is my favorite trail in Bend!

Beautiful quick hike but crowded especially in the peak season. I will only hike this one in the winter....

Gorgeous views the entire way, good room for hiking with company side by side rather than one behind the other. Family friendly!

Pretty great views dogs loved it!

Beautiful trail in good shape for hiking or running. Dogs on leash only.

One of my favorites for friendly people, happy pups,and beautiful views.

Pretty river. Pretty busy trail, but was surprised by the minimal litter! Nice job, Oregon!!

This trail is perfect for hiking or trail running. My son and I tried it on our bikes which is not advisable. Bikes are only allowed on the first part of the trail. It would probably be a fun trail for mountain bikers, but it is very crowded with runners and hikers and is narrow. Definitely not a good family bike ride! We sure had a memorable adventure though! We'll be back to hike it on foot. It is beautiful!

Awesome easy-going trail. Can easily walk or run this trail with spots to cool off in the river.

Very petty. Right at the river's edge.

Very pretty! Easy walk! Great for family and friends visiting who want to see the beauty Bend has to offer, but can't do longer/harder hikes.

busy at all times of day but great for the family or just yourself!

More of a really beautiful walk than a hike. Spent a lot of time taking in the scenery

This is an awesome run!

Easy yet beautiful!

Great little river trail.

Love this hike. One of our go to hikes when we are in town.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Great quick loop. Family friendly.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Easy trail. I loved the info plaques along the trail. Lots of geese and ducks.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Gorgeous trail. Usually pretty busy. Great views of the river. Love the informational plaques on one side of the trail. It's a very easy walk.