Cummins Creek Trail

Cummins Creek Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Florence, Oregon that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A fun bike ride or hike in Cape Perpetua.

Well maintained, quiet trail. After the first mile, it climbs quite a bit and will get your heart going...but it's definitely not a hard trail. Take your time and enjoy the awesome trees and flowers :) Best part for me was that I didn't see anyone until the last 10 minutes. So nice to get away from the coastal crowds!

So I started at Cummins Creek Trail, then split and went up the Cummins Ridge Trail. That was super steep climb, but then towards the end really opened up and there was a great view of everything. See the picture I posted to experience the view. Easy to find, big parking lot, little muddy but that's what boots are for!

The meadow was spectacular and the view was beautiful. A nice spring west coast day.

We did this on the return side from cooks ridge trail. It was all down hill for us but can imagine it would would be a tough trek up. be sure to take the .1 mile spur to see the Cummings creek basin. fabulous view of the ridges and the ocean.

awesome trails definitely will go again dog friendly

Incredible hike. Kicked my 68 year old butt by going counter-clockwise. Would have been worse clockwise. Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!

Yeah It's tough but beautiful.

This trail absolutely kicked my butt. At an embarrassing 280 pounds I managed to complete it but it was really rough. Beautiful scenery, I loved ed climbing a staircase made out of tree roots. Bring lots of water and make sure you give yourself enough time! I was nearly out there in the dark.

This was a fun mountain biking trail for our family. Our kids are ages 11, 8 and 6 and they were all able to handle any of the gradual inclines. We stayed on the main trail (didn't do the trail on the right that leads closer to the creek). It is super fun riding down!! Would do this again if we are in the area again. We started around 9:30am and saw one hiker on the trail. Beautiful area.

Saturday, July 16, 2016