Crescent Beach Trail

Crescent Beach Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cannon Beach, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 488 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Loved this hike! We did it with our 2 year old son. It was challenging with lots of tree roots and some steep parts for him. Also VERY muddy. But, he walked the entire way down to the beach and back. I would recommend it, as it is beautiful!

Nice views and a great hike but muddy this time of year so come prepared.

fee

Trail was actually 2.7 miles. It was extremely muddy and if you aren’t looking to play on a beach, there’s really nothing to see and no payoff. Good workout though.

Loved this hike. From ecola point you head down to the beach, which has several rocks and stacks to climb. I found agates, tide pools, and cool driftwood.

this trail is amazing. it was muddy and there are roots because the mists rise off the Pacific and filled the forest. it was sunny and beautiful. The trail has views to take the breath away and you finish on Cannon beach. Perfect

recorded Crescent Beach Trail

This would be a 5-star on a less muddy day. We didn’t make it the entire way because even with trekking poles, each of us fell at a different place. The mud is VERY slick. Views are beautiful in the first half of the hike; see pics for examples.

Wonderful trail on a beautiful, sunny day. There were just a few muddy spots that were easily navigable. The broad beach was peaceful with only a few other people there. Great hike.

Glad this trail to the Goonies beach was open! Very neat trail. You have to drive around to the exit side of the parking lot to see the trailhead. It's near the restrooms in the parking lot not down by the lookout.

Beautiful, easy hike thru a verdant forest with occasional peeks of the ocean, & fantastic lookout spots. There are roots on the trail, stairs & ledges, so watch your footing. It never gets rigorous or tiring, pretty great for all skill levels & ages. Trail leads to a gorgeous beach, filled with tide pools, mirror-glass shoreline, & breathtaking views of the sea. I was so disappointed when all of Ecola State Park's trailheads were closed off!, & hopped in my car to drive to another beach when I caught this trailhead from the corner of my eye, super glad I did!

Half the trails to the view points are closed due to erosion but the park is still an amazing place to day hike

Epic beauty

Just beautiful. Great views on the way down, and fun exploring the rocks and caves at the bottom on the beach. Was definitely a little muddy as others have said. Did it with a 12 and 10 year old, and they had no trouble with it.

Very muddy trail with lots of roots. The beach was very beautiful!

Gorgeous. Spectacular. Beautiful. Great hike. Don’t just hike, enjoy the beach itself.

Gorgeous trail with fantastic views throughout. It does get muddy and you need to wear proper footwear but it’s nothing extreme. It took about 30 minutes from the parking lot to the beach. There’s a bathroom at the trailhead which is always convenient. We hiked after a really bad rainstorm and had no issue. Just a little muddy. We also ended this hike in the midst of a downpour which made for an interesting adventure. Overall this is a great hike you should check out if you’re near Ecola state park.

recorded Crescent Beach Trail

This trail was fantastic. The views are insane and I stopped way too many times to take pictures in the beginning. The trail was a little muddy today and there were a lot of roots, but it was nothing terribly hazardous. The only downside was the number of spiders and spiderwebs. I had to carry a stick that I would wave in front of me to avoid walking into any spiders/spiderwebs. Thankfully the trail was quiet enough that no one saw me waving my stick around like a lunatic. Still, this trail was absolutely breathtaking - 10/10 would recommend. (There were no spiders harmed, nor did any spiders harm me, on this trek.)

Beautiful hike with lots of challenges for beginner hikers. The hike back up from the beach is a steep one. Lots of families and people of all ages. Sign at the trail entrance mentioned a black bear sighting on 9/6, but the only wildlife seen by us were squirrels.

Great little hike! The sign says experienced hikers only but just wear some decent shoes with traction and you’re all set. It’s a short hike, took me about 20 minutes each direction but I stayed down there a while because the beach was so peaceful. Very few people were down there (on a Thursday, early afternoon). Saw one small snake and some chipmunks on the way down so keep your eyes open and also take care not to trip on any tree roots. Worth the steps!

A fun little hike with a great beach at the end. Takes about 30 minutes each direction. Views along the way are gorgeous.

I'm almost afraid to review this because I love this hike so much. It's my favorite part of the Oregon coast. Every time I go, no one is around. There are tide pools and caves and secret coves. It's completely worth it.

There was no water fall, this is an easy hike not a hard hike. The trail is beautiful and the view of the ocean has amazing. This is about 2ish miles off trail and you walk on the road briefly.