Crescent Beach Trail

Crescent Beach Trail is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Cannon Beach, Oregon that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Somewhat steep and tricky descent to the beach, and challenging (for me) coming back up, but totally worth it! We had the beach completely to ourselves and enjoyed exploring. Started on the trail at about 8 and only saw 1 person until we were heading back to the parking lot around 9:30.

This trail can be challenging near the beach where it is steepest, but it’s worth it if you are going to enjoy the beach for a bit. The beach was almost empty when I hiked to it.

The trail was fun, a bit technical with lots of exposed roots and some steep spots, but nothing too gnarly. And the wide open beach at the bottom is definitely worth it. Would hike this one again next time I’m on the coast.

Saw the sign that said 1.25miles. Figured it would be a short pretty hike and a good fit for an inexperienced hiker. I wasn't wrong but I'm amazed I did it. A lot of up and down hill. A lot of switch backs. Fairly steep at places. A lot of roots to step over and between. Not good for anyone with mobility issues or knee trouble. That said, the challenge was worth it. I'm 300lbs and out of shape but I was able to run the trail at places. It was a blast. The views are amazing. The beach is gorgeous and has some cool stuff to check out, especially at low tide. You can also continue on to Cannon Beach if you are so inclined.

Absolutely amazing beach. Probably my favorite! Last quarter mile is steep but I was able to do it even having a sprained knee. My 3 year old did it also, so it's not too bad. We hiked north on the beach and found some cool caves that the kids loved exploring. Just make sure to look at the tide schedule if you walk very far down the beach.

Easy walk - a little work out going back up. Gorgeous beach. Not too crowded. Nice walk through the woods and then a lovely stroll on the beach. Bring food and beverages - great picnic spot! Be sure to walk north on the beach - nice rock formations. And then you can walk south, too - you’ll see even more. Plan some time for walking on the beach ... lots to see! Go early - by midday there may be lines at the pay station.

Not necessarily a first timers trail, but fairly easy overall. Its is super steep in parts so good walking shoes are recommended. Compared to Cannon Beach/Haystack the beach itself is fairly secluded. Perfect if you want to hit the beach and not deal with a lot of people.

There is a parking fee of $5 just so y’all are aware!

Great short hike with a great views. The trailhead marker says 1.25 miles each way which is accurate according to the GPS.

I would rate this trail more of easy, but I guess its listed as moderate because it can be slippery in some areas. It has decent levelled trails the entire way. I loved seeing all the roots on the trails and the fact that we were pretty much walking parallel to the ocean is amazing itself. Enjoy the beach when you get to the bottom. The parking lot will fill up fast so get there early, plan a day or a bbq/lunch there since the parking lot park area does have ample picnic tables. Cool for all ages!

Lovely hike with tall trees and beautiful ocean views. Some sections are quite steep, and depending on the time of year there are some muddy sections. The less-busy than Cannon Beach experience at the end of the trail is excellent, and at low tide there are accessible tide pools.

Crescent beach alone at the end makes this worth your time. Easy hike. Minimal muddiness. About 20-30 minutes each way.

Moderate trail with a lot of different terrain and scenery. The outlet is a beautiful secluded beach parallel to a gorgeous clifface.

Very beautiful! Steep and slippery at some points-I'd bring a walking stick or something. It wanders through a lush forest and ends at the beach. What more could you want?

Short but very, very sweet. Trail takes you through lush forest, with stunning outlooks to beach and ocean along the way. Beach itself is beautiful - wish we had hiked down in the morning so that we could spend all day here. If this is your first taste of the Oregon Coast like it was for us, you won’t be disappointed. Very quiet when we did this a month ago.

great work out, amazing views!! steep some spots.

Breathtaking view . And great exercise.

A great home with a number of awesome view points. The trail is in great shape with only a couple muddy seas that are easy to walk around. We saw some people hiking in flip flops.
The hardest part of the hike is the last .3 mile.

This hike was awesome! Very beautiful and fun. No one was at the beach when I was there which was incredible. Very muddy though.

Full value day hike.

One of my favorites hikes in Oregon so far! Went on a beautiful sunny day about a week ago, and it wasn’t super busy. Long line of cars backed up at Ecola park entrance though. Muddy trail but overall easy to navigate and follow. The beach is gorgeous and make sure you climb up to see the waterfall(s)!!! Will be back for sure.

Hiked this on Easter Sunday on a cold, rainy day. Due to those two factors there was almost no one else on the hike or on the beach. Both the forest and the beach are insanely beautiful! Sweet little waterfall on the beach too. I'd say it was moderate difficulty - a few parts are a bit tricky or slippery. Very very muddy, hiking boots are an absolute must. There are a couple unavoidable giant mud puddles and your boots will get dirty! Unfortunately it was almost high tide when we got to the beach, so we were unable to simply walk around Chapman or Ecola points, but we did manage to scramble up the rocks to get to the northern beach. I don't recommend doing that unless you are in really good shape haha.

Overall, a really fun hike in so-called "bad" weather!

My best gal pal and her two kids did this hike no problem last weekend 3/11 and the weather was absolutely perfect, the trail is beautiful but some very muddy spots I advise you to wear hiking boots.

Amazing trail. Loved it. We loved the cove at the far end of the beach. Definitely coming back. It is muddy and can get very slippery.

Amazing views on an easy hike. Lots of other people and plenty of mud, but a must see if you arent familiar with the area.

HIKE: Late February, on a sunny day.

BEST PART: A dozen huge deer gathered in form for several minutes of our hike, just to eat and stare from the tree ridge about 1.2 miles in or so. This is before the wrap around of one of the creeks, where the elevation changes the most. It was beautiful to watch them move with the hills, and wait on each other.

It was muddy, but gorgeously armed with a amazing forest. Quite passable trail for even probably an ameteur. We went on a sunny day. Moderate does describe this hike RT though. The trail runs down the last few thousand feet on a very easy descent to the beach, all of it is worth it!

Aim for a full hour long hike of 2.1 miles, so you can get out there BEFORE high tide. The trail begins to the left of the upper parking lot restrooms, clearly labeled "Crescent Beach Trailhead," however its not 1.25 miles. There are 2 creeks/waterfalls, and the correct trail brings you out in the beach in between both of them.

The caves are accessible at low tide, play safe, drink plenty of fluids. I personally take B-Vitamins, Vitamin Water and Herbal Kratom 2 hours before a hike. Energy plus electrolytes plus pain-free.

It would of been amazing but was SOOOO muddy! Regardless amazing views.

The view was up close and personal. Loved it. Also, met the nicest people on this beach!

Short easy hike that spits you out on the beach. Very muddy on some parts off the path.