Crescent Beach Trail

Crescent Beach Trail is a 2 mile out and back trail located near Cannon Beach, Oregon that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 488 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Lush, green, quiet. Kept reading it was muddy, but not when we went. Took our dog, he loved it. Not much more to say beyond this was a perfect midday hike before dinner.

This was a great trail that even my 5 year old negotiated with relative ease. There are some steep spots, wet spots, and trail winds past some steep dropoffs. However, it was a great hike and the beach made it worth the work.

great trail, we did not want to go back and forth so we did a loop around the beach, and found a little hill with a rope on so that you could get back up to the parking lot. great fun and good views of the ocean.

A very enjoyable trail. A lot of up and downs — switchbacks near the beach are steep. Some areas were muddy and a little slippery. Beautiful scenic overlooks and photo spots.

Did this trail first thing this morning. Quiet on the trail up and back. Absolutely stunning views throughout the hike. The beach at the bottom was amazing. One of my all time favorite hikes!

Gorgeous trail with athletic up and down elevation gains from the trial head to the beach at the final descent! At close to sunset there was no one at the beach. Just awesome. Amazing time exploring the area.

A bit of mud on the trail in a few places. Lots of roots to watch out for also on the trail. My husband slipped a few times from them. Spectacular view though very worth it. Been here once before and will keep coming back.

Super pretty trail and not too difficult. There is a bit of mud and lots of tree roots to walk through, but it wasn’t anything unmanageable! My dog enjoyed the hike and running around the empty beach. :) I went on an early Saturday morning. Once I started heading back around 1:30, there were a decent amount of people coming in, so I recommend early if you’re doing the weekend!

It's a pretty scenic trail but extremely muddy especially after the rain. The beach was pretty empty when we went right after the memorial weekend during the week in the morning.

Beautiful terrain, although muddy and slippery in a few spots. Amazing beach views are nice surprises along the way.

beautiful must do again visit summer 18

Great trail- some parts remain muddy. Views are spectacular.

This was an interesting hike. I took my Dog and she did ok....maybe a little too long for her though. Once you get down to the private beach it’s amazing! I had the place to myself for at least 30 minutes. Getting back out was a beast though, the incline was pretty steep. I checked my tracker when I got back to my car and it said I had climbed 41 flights of stairs.

Pretty short hike but it spits you out right on the beach. I always take friends visiting from out of state here and have a picnic; generally end up spending most of our time climbing the big rocks and running around in the sand. I actually enjoy this hike more in the colder months because the ocean is still beautiful but you don’t have as many people around. Seriously one of my favorite spots!

closed

Crescent Beach is so gorge but when I took this trail, it was severely crumbled & washed out - be careful! Totally worth it if you make it down alive ;)

We went on a fairly rainy day and were unable to make the trek all the way down since we were in runners. Definitely recommend something with grips and poles if you have them. Regardless the views we did get to see were amazing - can’t wait to come back and finish it off!

Beautiful hike with amazing views of the coast & Cannon Beach. Three or four very slick spots since it rained yesterday. Some challenging sections, but ok if you take your time. Wore hiking boots; would be challenging in tennis shoes. Definitely need some shoes with good grip in places. Will definitely bring hiking poles next time. Try to time it so you get there around low tide so you can walk on the beach. Not one I’d hike in heavy rain.

This was a short and scenic hike. The views are incredible! I encountered a little bit of mud, but otherwise the trail was fine.

This is a great dog friendly trail. No true waterfall seen on our hike.

Feels longer than a mile and back, but in a good way. Didn’t see any kind of real waterfall, but gorgeous views and nice trail. Little muddy in spots, but not terrible.

Cannon beach is one of the most gorgeous beaches in the country. This trail makes for a great day hike with breathtaking views.

Awesome trail with great beach!