Crescent Beach Trail

Crescent Beach Trail is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Cannon Beach, Oregon. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking.

beach

Trail very muddy after the rain but my som and I had a blast. Fantastic views and had the whole beach to ourselves.

Wonderful views and a nice hike for getting back into shape. It happened to be super muddy this time though❤️

Great views of the beach and ocean along the way. Super muddy spots along the trail, but nothing you can't get passed!

Try to tune your hike so you're there at low tide. The tide pools on Crescent Beach are awesome. It's still really muddy, so be prepared!

it was so much fun! its a great lil hike with views to die for. muddy as all hell, so be prepared to get mucky. it was all worth it.

The view of the coast from the parking lot was spectacular, the hike was incredibly muddy in over a dozen places, as others have mentioned, and the beach itself was beautiful and sparsely populated.

We left the trail at 10:30am and took our time along the hike down the the beach, stopping at a few places to enjoy the view and take some pictures.

At the beach, we took off our shoes and socks and waded into the water, and then sat on the black rocks to soak in the sun and dry off.

We made better time on the way back, and arrived back at our car at 11:45, 1 hour and 15 minutes after we set out.

All in all our tracker app (Strava) logged 3.2 miles - a little more that I expected - and 620 feet elevation gain.

I definitely recommend water proof hiking shoes due to the mud. Hiking poles would have also been nice.

Pretty sure this would be a fabulous hike without mud but alas, hiking in February is MUDDY. If we hadn't brought our poles and high-ankle boots from Seattle, we would have been extremely sorry. But I'm a hiking addict so we weathered the weather and the muddy, slippery terrain anyway.

Nice 2.5 mile hike round trip. The way there seems a lot longer than 1.25 miles.. moderate hike, slippery in places, lot of beautiful scenery. Ends at a beautiful secluded beach. My teenagers and I were the only ones there on a Saturday.

Amazing views and a secluded trail to a quiet and beautiful beach spot. Steep dissent right before you hit the beach, lots of switchbacks but worth it for the privacy of the beach. Quiet compared to Indian Beach just to the north.

Was going to do the Clasthop Trail but couldn't find it, so I did this one instead! Great trek thru the woods, lots of trees and roots to hop over. Not too steep, but not too flat, just about perfect. As far as I can tell this trail is the only way down to Crescent Beach, which makes it a secluded spot. I was running out of time, so I didn't go all the way to the beach, but next time I'll come prepared and make a day of it!

This is my new favorite stop! My wife and I came here 4th of July weekend. Canon beach was packed. I was worried. The trail was beautiful. Such great views. Lots of cliffs but not too scary. When we got to the beach there was only one other couple. They left and we had the whole beach to ourselves!! It was the best beach experience.