Crack-in-the-Ground Trail

Crack-in-the-Ground Trail is a 1.1 mile loop trail located near Silver Lake, Oregon. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Kids loved climbing the rocks and what a view!!! Would defiantly recommend this hike because of the unusual perspective on the tail! Short enough for a Childs attention span. We took 5yo and up. Any younger than 5 may have a hard time in the tail. Not dog friendly.

Very scenic geology definitely not dog friendly. If it is too difficult hiking in the slot you can hike trail above them and get a good view into the canyons

off road driving

The photos of this place don't really do it justice, I'm impressed and I want to return soon. I didn't have any trouble finding the road by the directions on Google, the road does branch and is confusing but if you have Google maps and directions I was able to find it ok. I got a great drone video of the place, Look me up. McIntyredrones on YouTube

geocaching

Thursday, November 12, 2015

This is a very unique hike. Can be done as a loop where you go out in the crack and back along the top. Is not an OHV (off Highway vehicle) trail like it is currently listed as. The trail is also about a mile and a half. Could be extended with a much more difficult hike.

Saturday, November 15, 2014