Crack-in-the-Ground Trail

Crack-in-the-Ground Trail is a 1 mile loop trail located near Silver Lake, Oregon. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

A trail with new scenery!!! We took the entire family including grandparents. Everyone enjoyed running on a trail surrounded by rock walls. Defiantly recommend for anyone looking for a new adventure with the kids!

Easy to get to. Fun to explore. Signage is limited once on Crack in the Ground Road, look for the vault toilet with small parking alcove.

was fun and interesting kids also had fun

Great hike!!

Took a hike with my sisters and our dogs and it was really fun!

I hesitate telling anybody about this place. It is the the most unbelievable place in all of Oregon. Oops...it sucks there are evil monsters here and anthrax. It is really ugly sucks.

Love this remote spot. 2 mile walk through the slot canyon. Open year around. All kinds of side options for scrambling, which is dangerous.

My video on the place:

Well worth the drive, can’t wait to come back with the kids ‘

Wow! This is a crazy, amazing place! We didn't end up hiking the length of the inside of crack due to having doggo with us. However, we did go along the top rim trail and into each end a ways. This is definitely one worth stopping to see!

Kids loved climbing the rocks and what a view!!! Would defiantly recommend this hike because of the unusual perspective on the tail! Short enough for a Childs attention span. We took 5yo and up. Any younger than 5 may have a hard time in the tail. Not dog friendly.

Very scenic geology definitely not dog friendly. If it is too difficult hiking in the slot you can hike trail above them and get a good view into the canyons

off road driving
Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The photos of this place don't really do it justice, I'm impressed and I want to return soon. I didn't have any trouble finding the road by the directions on Google, the road does branch and is confusing but if you have Google maps and directions I was able to find it ok. I got a great drone video of the place, Look me up. McIntyredrones on YouTube

Thursday, November 12, 2015

This is a very unique hike. Can be done as a loop where you go out in the crack and back along the top. Is not an OHV (off Highway vehicle) trail like it is currently listed as. The trail is also about a mile and a half. Could be extended with a much more difficult hike.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017