Learn more

Cooper Creek Reservoir Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(67)
Cooper Creek Park

Cooper Creek Reservoir Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wilbur, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.4 miles Elevation Gain: 505 feet Route Type: Out & Back

NOTE: As of November 2019, the hike is closed due to logging activity. Please note a parking fee is required. This route is half trail, half road. Very secluded and peaceful.

What a great hike! It’s lengthy if you are looking for a longer trip. It does elevate slightly. My favorite part was the marshy area that hosted some very beautiful trees covered entirely in old mans beard and a wonderful variety of wildflowers.

fee

Good workout and a mostly soft dirt, well maintained trail. The hillsides have been recently clear cut but the trail is open all the way through now. We hiked it May 3rd 2020.

Did this trail on 5/3/20. Good work out with a nice mix of ups and downs. Beautiful wildflowers and lush surroundings.

fee

Great hike! It follows the up And down small hills around the reservoir. 3/4 of the way through we hit a second boat launch and it was hard to tell if you stayed on the path (which became significantly smaller than the rest of the trail) or took the road. We ended up taking the road and it lead directly back to where you start. It just takes a bit longer. Great for dogs and new hikers or if you're wanting something a bit easier to hike. A few bugs in April but lots of wild Iris, geese, ducks, egrets and falcons. I would do it again. (Also there were two trees down, and we were able to easily climb over. they were both less than 2 ft off the ground.)

Great hike, places dogs can access water which is a big plus. Took me two hours to compete.

Good hike!

We did this hike a couple of times last summer. Great spot to hike and swim

Great trail! Logging has been cleared up so it’s a great place to walk (as of March 2020). Fluctuates between being warm and cold - I’m glad I brought a light jacket!

closed

Trail was closed to logging operations. We pushed through about 3 miles of downed trees blocking the trail, and was able to make it around. There should be a physical barrier blocking the trail.

closed

Lots of trees blocking the trail. impassable. We went about a mile in and turned around due to more trees than my wife felt comfortable negotiating. There are signs stating that the trail is closed due to logging operations, but the signs are AFTER you pay for parking at the parking lot and head over the spillway toward the trail. They should put the signs in the parking area.

My husband and I hiked this trail not knowing what to expect a couple years ago. The trail part of the hike was beautiful with the lake by its side and walking through a grassy hill, trees, open area, very green and lush in most places. The road part of the hike was hot and hardly shaded. Some was on cement road and other parts were on a dirt road. We enjoyed it but I’m not sure that we would hike it again because of the road part of the hike.

The trail is almost back to great shape. Just a couple spots to go around uprooted tree roots.

Sat Jun 29 2019

Nice walk secluded by trees with lots of wildlife and reservoir views. A recent snowstorm fell many trees, some of which cross the trail. The park management has done a good job cleaning up the storm debris.

Mon May 27 2019

Sat May 11 2019

super duper beautiful! I definitely loved this hike! It was easy, lots of trees down made for a interesting obstacle course! i look forward to doing it again!!

Sat Apr 06 2019

4/5/19 Normally, this is a great trail. But due to heavy wind and rain damage, the trail is awful after about a half mile in. Constant climbing over and under trees that have fallen across the trail. It will take awhile for a crew to get in and clear the remainder of the trail. Almost impassable.

Sat Feb 02 2019

Great hike. Lots of switch backs. Trail was easy. Wear good hiking boots, some spots very soggy.

Tue Jan 22 2019

great day and hike

Sun Jan 06 2019

a great hike that hugs the reservoir. It is long and children may get tired.

Wed Sep 26 2018

Great place to hike and take a picnic lunch. Lovely place to kayak as well, especially on a week day. We try to make a day of it because of the parking fee.

Sat Sep 15 2018

County parking fees keep me from coming here more often. I like the trail, especially in the fall. It’s very rolling, but no steep and long grades. The mix of timber and maples makes almost the whole trail shaded. Usually I run this as an out and back (6 miles round trip if you run from parking lot to parking lot) instead of using the road. Cooper creek reservoir is super peaceful- as long as it’s not a holiday weekend, with everyone boating and skiing.

Sun Aug 12 2018

Great easy day hike.

Fri Aug 10 2018

Weekday hike! Nice and quiet. The only ones on the trail.

Sun Jun 03 2018

Great for trail running. I wouldn’t describe it as secluded or quiet on the weekends. My experience was that people were enjoying the reservoir on their boats with loud music. Perhaps that’s just on the weekends. I still really enjoyed myself but just be aware that if you’re seeking solitude, you should think about going on a weekday instead. Also, day use of the area is $4. Period- no matter what your activity is.