Cooper Creek Reservoir Trail

Cooper Creek Reservoir Trail is a 6.5 mile out and back trail located near Wilbur, Oregon that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

Please note a parking fee is required. This route is half trail, half road. Very secluded and peaceful.

Great place to hike and take a picnic lunch. Lovely place to kayak as well, especially on a week day. We try to make a day of it because of the parking fee.

County parking fees keep me from coming here more often. I like the trail, especially in the fall. It’s very rolling, but no steep and long grades. The mix of timber and maples makes almost the whole trail shaded.
Usually I run this as an out and back (6 miles round trip if you run from parking lot to parking lot) instead of using the road. Cooper creek reservoir is super peaceful- as long as it’s not a holiday weekend, with everyone boating and skiing.

Great easy day hike.

Weekday hike! Nice and quiet. The only ones on the trail.

Great for trail running. I wouldn’t describe it as secluded or quiet on the weekends. My experience was that people were enjoying the reservoir on their boats with loud music. Perhaps that’s just on the weekends. I still really enjoyed myself but just be aware that if you’re seeking solitude, you should think about going on a weekday instead. Also, day use of the area is $4. Period- no matter what your activity is.

it was a nice bike ride.

great trail easily accessible nice leisurely trail in beautiful wooded area next to the water. great spot to hike and Pac a picnic for you and your friends.

I hike this when I don’t want to drive very far, and want an easy hike. Very easy. I bring my little chihuahua. I usually have my hiking partner park on one side of the trail and I park on opposite side. That way we don’t have to backtrack or walk the road. I usually see other people, but never super busy. I’ve only hiked this in summer. Lots of shade. Last time I hiked this, we watched a sea plane take off on Cooper Creek. So cool!

Nice hike nice trail lots of people with dogs not a lot of leashes something to think about.