Coffin Mountain Trail

Coffin Mountain Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

Don't let the beginning of the trail scare you. The grade mellows out and changes to switchbacks pretty quickly. Beautiful wildflowers and great views of Jefferson and the Cascades! No water on the trail, can get hot at the bottom, but breeze on the ridge is awesome!

This was my first hike in Oregon and it was amazing! The wildflowers were in bloom and made for wonderful pictures along the way. Reaching the peak was amazing!!!

Fields of flowers. Nice hike. Great views.

the directions here are wrong. take 22 to 11. then don't take the first 1168 at 1.5 miles, take the 2nd one at about 4 miles. take that 3.6 miles to the parking on the left.
1168 is a loop but gated off from the 1st Turn
road is fine for passenger cars.

crawled up today. super clear but looks like smoke toward Sisters.
Flowers r great, but will peak in another week or 2.

very pretty drive, though rough on the car. couldn't find the trail when we got where all trails suggests it starts unfortunately

Give this hike 5 stars amazing views all around you. On clear day you can see tons of mountains from rainier to sisters. Not to bad of hike up my 5 year old ended up doing it with us! Would definitely do this hike again.

Favorite hike of 2016

Beautiful hike, however, I was not prepared for the instant climb. we only made it a third of the way.
I was out of shape, hot, wheezing, heart palpitations.. I love hiking but even the drive in, was breath taking..
I will go back to gym and go back before fall.

This was a great hike. Steep in parts, but overall fairly short. The weather was perfect and the views were awesome.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

This was our favorite hike of 2015. The views on the drive were amazing but then when we reached the top of the mountain we were in awe!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Thursday, August 19, 2010

this is a beautiful trail. You can get the most amazing pictures! When you get to the top of the trail Detroit Lake is the size of your thumb nail and you can throw a rock at Mt Jefferson! There is a ranger station at the top!