Coffin Mountain Trail

Coffin Mountain Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cascadia, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Don't let the beginning of the trail scare you. The grade mellows out and changes to switchbacks pretty quickly. Beautiful wildflowers and great views of Jefferson and the Cascades! No water on the trail, can get hot at the bottom, but breeze on the ridge is awesome!

This was my first hike in Oregon and it was amazing! The wildflowers were in bloom and made for wonderful pictures along the way. Reaching the peak was amazing!!!

Fields of flowers. Nice hike. Great views.

crawled up today. super clear but looks like smoke toward Sisters.
Flowers r great, but will peak in another week or 2.

very pretty drive, though rough on the car. couldn't find the trail when we got where all trails suggests it starts unfortunately

Give this hike 5 stars amazing views all around you. On clear day you can see tons of mountains from rainier to sisters. Not to bad of hike up my 5 year old ended up doing it with us! Would definitely do this hike again.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Favorite hike of 2016

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Beautiful hike, however, I was not prepared for the instant climb. we only made it a third of the way.
I was out of shape, hot, wheezing, heart palpitations.. I love hiking but even the drive in, was breath taking..
I will go back to gym and go back before fall.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

This was a great hike. Steep in parts, but overall fairly short. The weather was perfect and the views were awesome.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

This was our favorite hike of 2015. The views on the drive were amazing but then when we reached the top of the mountain we were in awe!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015