Clover Falls Trail

Clover Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Glide, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until October.

The trail to Clover Falls is located on trail #1505 near Glide, Oregon. The trailhead is located in Lake In The Woods Campground. It is a moderate 2.5 mile in and out trail

Did this hike a few days ago after doing Hemlock falls and Yasko falls in the same area. I wans't sure if I was on the right trail because the sign didn't say "Clover falls" unlike yasko and hemlock. I hiked past 4 different falls, I wasn't totally sure which was which (I believe another review breaks it down) however, I couldn't get a decent view of any of them. I have no problem bushwacking a bit to get a good view and pictures, but the water levels were high because of snow melt and I didn't see any areas I could safely descend to the falls. I might try again mid summer.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Tried to take this hike today, no luck, a large mud slide has made the road completely impassable just over 4 miles before reaching the trailhead. I will try again in the spring.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Came here in late March. This was a great hike that I did with my girlfriend and pup. There are several different waterfalls on this out-and-back which makes it great for photographers like myself. Along this trail you'll be able to see Tributary Falls, Upper and Lower Hemlock Falls, and Clover Falls at the end. All 3 required some off-trail moderate bushwacking to see up close. Please be very careful if you decide to descend to the bottom of Clover Falls as it is very wet and mossy. The spray from the base of Clover Falls made it nearly impossible to use my DSLR camera so camera phone photos had to do there.

Monday, February 03, 2014

I originally set out to hike the Yellow Jacket Trail at Hemlock Lake today but about one mile from the Hemlock Lake turnoff, the snow pack made driving the road impossible. Not to be defeated, I drove back to Lake in the Woods and hiked the Hemlock Creek Trail all the way up to Hemlock Lake, a 4.3 mile 1400 foot elevation gain, one way. I passed Clover Falls and another un-named waterfall along the way and as noted in the review below mine, the view is limited from the trail. Had there not been snow on the ground, I would have scrambled down to creek level for a better view. At the 2.0 mile point, Forest Service road 2759 bisects the trail and is a good turnaround point for those wanting a shorter hike as there are no other waterfalls to see beyond this point. I encountered only two other people the entire day, two mountain bikers coming down from Hemlock Lake. As I gained elevation, the previous snowfall from a few days ago was still noticeable on the trees and by the time I reached Hemlock Lake, there was 6 inches on the ground. Hemlock Lake was completely frozen over. Even in the winter the trail was beautiful and I plan to do this one again in the spring.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Great trail to get to Clover Falls. The view of the falls is limited so I decided to climb to the bottom. It was quite steep and I had to duck under a large log. While getting to the base of the falls, I had to be careful as I climbed over moss covered rocks.