Clover Falls Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Idleyld Park, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 557 feet Route Type: Out & Back

The trail to Clover Falls is located on trail #1505 near Glide, Oregon. The trailhead is located in Lake In The Woods Campground. It is a moderate 2.5 mile in and out trail

Yakso, Clover, and Hemlock Falls are all open and accessible. There is currently only one way you can get to Lake in the Woods Campground (where all three trailheads are located), and that is through Peel, and Little River Road coming from Glide. The route coming from the west, NF-4714, is still blocked by trees about 13 miles away from the campground. As of 5/15 the falls are really flowing and the mosquitoes are everywhere - bring bug spray!

Sun May 19 2019

Take the first right after the Lake of the Woods Campground. There is a large pull out on the right about 500 feet down the road. The trailhead is on the left. About 1/2 mile you hear the first waterfall, Tributary Falls. There’s an easy scramble to the base of the falls after you cross the bridge. You’ll hear the next series of falls before you see them. They are listed as Middle Hemlock Falls although there are three distinct falls. You’ll see a scramble on the right leading down to the base of a 25 ft waterfall. Looking down stream, you’ll see a ledge that you can’t see from the trail. From the ledge, the creek drops 80ish feet. After much bushwhacking and climbing, we couldn’t find any access to the base from the trail side. Maybe from the other side? Once back on the trail, you pass a small slide falls and a 15 footer as the trail switchbacks a few times before reaching Clover Falls. There are a few scrambles to the base. The moss is thick and slippery but it’s worth the risk for the unobstructed view and mist.

Thu Apr 12 2018

Nice hike from Hemlock Lake to Lake in the Woods! We picked wild huckleberries and saw two falls, Clover Falls is one of them

Mon Jan 22 2018

For my purposes, I rate this trail as a 5/5. It’s a fun adventure trying to find the correct trailhead and then bushwhacking to the bottom of the falls. To find the trailhead, you take the first right turn after you pass Lake in the Woods. The trailhead will be on the left side of the road. The trail itself does not lead you to the base of the waterfall. It rather just passes by the waterfall and you will hear it, but not see it. The trail eventually leads to Hemlock Lake. In order to see the waterfalls, you have to go off trail and down a steep slope through heavy brush. It helps to keep track of your mileage hiked on the trail or have a GPS, so you know when it’s time to leave the trail. The venture out to Grotto Falls is very beautiful and you pass several smaller waterfalls on the way. The hike is moderate/difficult depending on your fitness level. I would not recommend this hike for people with young children. Venturing to the base of the waterfall is possible if you have a dog, but I would not recommend it. Although you have to go off trail, remember to be considerate of your delicate surroundings and pack out everything that you pack in.

Fri Mar 31 2017

Did this hike a few days ago after doing Hemlock falls and Yasko falls in the same area. I wans't sure if I was on the right trail because the sign didn't say "Clover falls" unlike yasko and hemlock. I hiked past 4 different falls, I wasn't totally sure which was which (I believe another review breaks it down) however, I couldn't get a decent view of any of them. I have no problem bushwacking a bit to get a good view and pictures, but the water levels were high because of snow melt and I didn't see any areas I could safely descend to the falls. I might try again mid summer.

Sun Jan 11 2015

Tried to take this hike today, no luck, a large mud slide has made the road completely impassable just over 4 miles before reaching the trailhead. I will try again in the spring.

Mon Jul 21 2014

Came here in late March. This was a great hike that I did with my girlfriend and pup. There are several different waterfalls on this out-and-back which makes it great for photographers like myself. Along this trail you'll be able to see Tributary Falls, Upper and Lower Hemlock Falls, and Clover Falls at the end. All 3 required some off-trail moderate bushwacking to see up close. Please be very careful if you decide to descend to the bottom of Clover Falls as it is very wet and mossy. The spray from the base of Clover Falls made it nearly impossible to use my DSLR camera so camera phone photos had to do there.

Mon Feb 03 2014

I originally set out to hike the Yellow Jacket Trail at Hemlock Lake today but about one mile from the Hemlock Lake turnoff, the snow pack made driving the road impossible. Not to be defeated, I drove back to Lake in the Woods and hiked the Hemlock Creek Trail all the way up to Hemlock Lake, a 4.3 mile 1400 foot elevation gain, one way. I passed Clover Falls and another un-named waterfall along the way and as noted in the review below mine, the view is limited from the trail. Had there not been snow on the ground, I would have scrambled down to creek level for a better view. At the 2.0 mile point, Forest Service road 2759 bisects the trail and is a good turnaround point for those wanting a shorter hike as there are no other waterfalls to see beyond this point. I encountered only two other people the entire day, two mountain bikers coming down from Hemlock Lake. As I gained elevation, the previous snowfall from a few days ago was still noticeable on the trees and by the time I reached Hemlock Lake, there was 6 inches on the ground. Hemlock Lake was completely frozen over. Even in the winter the trail was beautiful and I plan to do this one again in the spring.

Tue May 07 2013

Great trail to get to Clover Falls. The view of the falls is limited so I decided to climb to the bottom. It was quite steep and I had to duck under a large log. While getting to the base of the falls, I had to be careful as I climbed over moss covered rocks.

recorded Clover Falls Trail