Clackamas River: Carver Park to Clackamette Park

Clackamas River: Carver Park to Clackamette Park is a 8 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Damascus, Oregon that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for canoeing and whitewater kayaking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

canoeing

whitewater kayaking

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

whitewater kayaking
Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday, March 24, 2016

great place for the family. easy walking, and food and water in the area. fishing, birds, boats...

canoeing
Saturday, March 16, 2013

I shoot this run about 100 times a summer, the useage is super heavy like 600 people at a time on the hot days, once the majority get drunk and pass out on a gravel bar the river clears out and a kayaker or canoe can have a fun little float. Just make sure to have a signal whistle and pfd , drinking water and snacks, sometimes the raft jams stop you up.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I love this place. I came rafting with my dad when I was about 7 for the first time. I started going solo or with my school friends at about 12. this is a really fun trip. it only takes about 4 to 6 hours depending on the water flow, or if they are opening the dams upstream. I'd get wild some times and wear a wet suit and go in may when the spring run off is at it's highest. that takes a little more skill and the water is cold. around August its warm, but you will hit your bottom on some rocks, and you may have to walk your raft down past some rocks. if you have a little more time, you can put in at McIver State park and make a whole day of it. the first rapid after McIver is the strongest on the river so be careful. enjoy!