Clackamas River

Clackamas River is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Estacada, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and whitewater kayaking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

whitewater kayaking
Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Nice hike. Brought my 8 year old. Did an out and back 3 miles in.

Sunday, March 01, 2015

This trail is well maintained despite it being in an old growth forest. Not muddy despite February time of year. Quite a few people on it. Beautiful. My one criticism is that it follows the road at least for the first part (didn't do the whole trail), and you could hear road noise. River was far below, but you could hear it rushing in several places.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

This is one of my favorite hikes on the Clackamas river, lots of forest and a cool undercut path under the rock cliff.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Really enjoyed this hike. Lots of great photo opps. Not much by way of water falls this time of year. Will have to come back next spring to see the real show. Spots were steep but most other areas were fairly easy. Did this hike from Indian Henry campground to just past Pup Falls then had to turn around as the shadows got longer. Would totally be doable as an out and back day hike. We finished our day at Bagby Hotsprings and it was wonderful.

Monday, March 12, 2012

It surprised me how much I liked this hike. I have driven in the area many times and the river has always looked so inviting. All kinds of plants and trees here. Sometimes I thought the trails architecture was a little iffy. Really beautiful area.

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Loved this hike. We did this hike on an 85 degree day-- take water!

Friday, September 16, 2011

My wife and I decided to hike from Fish Creek to Indian Henry in early June. We loved the hike so much that we decided to take our oldest daughter a week later but going the other way. For us we will do this again next year only earlier.

The only negative would have to be the people that take their dog off their leash. My wife almost got knocked down a pretty steep cliff on the second trip from a dog charging around the corner and no owner to be seen.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Parts of this trail were demanding! Zowie!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Moderate terrain- there are sections with lots of rocks. Very steep drops along portions of the narrow trail. VERY muddy this time of year. Your shoes will get wet, either from the mud or the 2-3' streams which require a leap from one side to another. A gorgeous waterfall can be found about 3.7 miles into the trail.