Cazadero Trail

Cazadero Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Boring, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 252 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Had to clarify the creek that runs thru Boring is Deep creek. It's not a river. This was the former train rail line,& the Tresle at which is now end of trail collapsed in early 60s or late 50s. I used to ride my horse from my house & into the canyon in late 60s, early 70s,& you could still see the trestle remains then. It's all grown over now,& there is no view at trails end. This trail has year round good footing, is quiet,once you leave Boring, & has short nature trail along the creek in middle of trail. Easy , short walk, jog, or Horse outing.

Just a long gravel road with no real scenery.

There are three parts to this trail. This is the part that starts near Eagle Creek. Great to run or walk in late summer. There are blackberry bushes, Apple, pear and plum trees all along the trail. If you run in the morning you will see tons of rabbit along the way. The only bad thing is you can hear the cars on the highway almost the entire way.

it was great trail. gravel road with off and on shade.

Trail kind of just ends, I was expecting to have a way to continue to the Clackamas River or Barton

A gentle grade and proved a great trail to test a new E bike. I loved it. It is a little short for a E bike but as my first ride I can’t imagine a better first experience.

Shortish, easy, almost entirely flat trail adjacent to a river. The trail is gravel and looks like it is used as a utility road at times. There are a few side trails that take you closer to a small river, but I don’t believe these go all the way to the end of the trail proper. It’s almost entirely shaded and was quite humid, mossy, and green. Nothing exciting to write home about, and there were no real views of anything, but it we were only looking to get some exercise with a brisk walk and to try out some new trail running shoes with more than 5 miles of distance — so, mission accomplished and it served its purpose. I recorded the route and it is exactly 3 miles in and out. I’m not sure why AllTrails calculates 5.8.

great east trail for the family to go for a walk

This trail was great. There is a bench at the end that makes for a perfect picnic table. Trail wasnt hard and was quite beautiful.

Thu Oct 04 2018

Quiet, lush, creek access.

Mon Jul 30 2018

Consider -country urban- trail. Gravel, not dirt, not paved. The end I expected a bit more of a wow factor..maybe even a picnic table. But good for bike riders, joggers, stroller (if you have a 3 air tire one), dogs, walking. Cute little side trail that runs along the river is the best part.

Thu Jun 28 2018

I walk this several times a week because it is close to home. Dogs are supposed to be on a leash and most people do. Respectful people let their dogs run but when someone is coming they do leash them. I don't want anyone to know where the side trail is :) it's very pretty and follows the creek. There's a good place for you dog to get wet. I walk alone but carry protection just in case. Everyone seems very friendly. Good close to Sandy and Boring. I do wish people would not leave their dog poo bags. Just let the dog go in the weeds if you don't want to carry it home. The bags are worse than the poo.

Mon Jun 04 2018

lovely, easy walk, listening to the birds and trees

Tue May 29 2018

it was good easy

Sat Nov 11 2017

Easy, flat, quiet. A nice even walking trail with plenty of nature if you pay attention. Also perfect for a quick evening outing with the dog where you don't have to worry.

Mon Sep 11 2017

Maybe good to run down and back, all in all pretty boring

Wed Aug 30 2017

There is a nice little side trail with a cute Creek, not much else.

Thu May 25 2017

The nature trail section about a mile in is really the only part of the trail that has anything to look at. The turn around point is just a fence and a bench. Not really worry the whole trek.

Wed May 24 2017

Mostly flat gravel trail in a great location. Super quiet and we only saw a handful of other people while we were there. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon stroll.

Sat Apr 15 2017

This is a mostly flat trail, though not ADA accessible given some of the occasional potholes along the trail. The trail is gravel, not paved, so it is great for mountain bikes and some commuters, but I'd be weary of bringing a road bike if the tires could puncture early. The trail follows a river for most of it, and the walk is quiet and peaceful. If you want some more nature, keep an eye out at the .8 mile mark to your left add you are headed out. There is an off shoot of the trail that runs parallel to the main trail but is close to what one might think of as a hiking trail. It is still easy in difficulty, but much more beautiful and follows closer to the river with view points. The parallel trail runs almost 2 miles, most of the length, so if you miss the turn of you will really be missing out. The reason I mention it is that it isn't intrinsically obvious where it starts and that it continues, so keep a look out. This would also be a great jogging trail if you stayed on the main path. Parking at the trail head is behind (and down hill from) the shell station.

Fri Apr 14 2017

I have lived near and enjoyed this trail since I was allowed to ride my bike away from home alone, a good nine years. I have seen it change as metro has "updated" the trail. I still love this trail and anyone who wants a good afternoon hike should try it, just please be responsible and follow trail rules. I have watched my favorite childhood trail quickly turn to a messy public park, and I don't want it to become like some of the grosser parts of the springwater trail.

Sat Mar 18 2017

Good out and back for Mountain Biking with the little ones

Sun Jan 01 2017

good trail, expect dogs and bikes.

Mon Sep 05 2016

great hike me and my son enjoyed it very much

Sun Aug 21 2016

Nice partly shaded walk with mountain dog, two kids, Big Daddy and Fat Amy. Ripe blackberries, some huckleberries and flowers. Deep Creek can be heard/seen/accessed at some points along the trail. Dog owners need to be more responsible and pack OUT their dog's doody. Leaving a full bag in the trail is bad manners and vile for those who end up packing it out for you. :-/

Mon Jun 27 2016

This was an easy pleasant ride. The trail is good for all skill levels and is bordered by wildflowers, berry bushes, and a creek is accessible in a few spots.

Fri Apr 01 2016

boring and not much to look at....