Cathedral Hills Trail System

Cathedral Hills Trail System is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Murphy, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The Cathedral Hills Trail System is locate just outside the City of Grants Pass. It is a haven for hiking,mountain biking, and horseback riding enthusiasts. The park includes many loop trails and natural areas among its 400 acres of Douglas fir and Ponderosa pine forest.

I came down from Roseburg for a different trail and found this trail to be kept nicely but was hoping for a view- it was okay, just not my favorite. It’s a very easy trail and I only ran into a few other people which was nice!

Nice trails for a beginner like me. It’s easy to get lost though. I suggest using your phone to mark the parking lot. Or a compass and GPS is fun too

Nice trail system right by town. There are a variety of trails for various levels of fitness and use. We hike here a lot in the winter when it can be hard to get into the mountains. Lovely wildflowers in the spring and views of the surrounding mountains and town. I'd just say, watch out for the poison oak as it gets a bit close to the trails.

I've hiked here twice now. I love all the optional loops and trails with difficulty ratings shown on the trail signs. There are some pretty views at the trail high points, but mostly it's just an enjoyable hike with adequate shade for those days when you have some free time after work.

Really easy, even on the more "difficult" route! Shaded, not to hard and overall a calming hike!!

Starting out and will be back. Loved it so far!

Awesome set of trails. I did get turned around and spent almost three hours hiking. All in all a great experience, just pay close attention to the signs!

Easy hikes for when time is limited. Great to get the kiddos energy out on

Delightful system of trails, you can hike as long or as little as you like.

Awesome

great!

Monday, December 05, 2016

I love this trail system. I did this with my husband and kiddos and we did the more difficult trail. My kiddos had no problems doing the trail. We plan on making this a regular trail.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Great for hiking and biking!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

This was a wonderful hike with my good friend Sarah. I'd had never completed one of the trails before but did a full 2.7 miles today.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Love these trails. I've been hiking them since I was little (before they were officially a trail system). There is a lot of poison oak so be careful. Watch out for Mt. bikers. There are all kinds of trails that go off the beaten path but be careful with those too, you may end up in someone's backyard. Otherwise a very easy-moderate hike and safe. Have fun and happy hiking!

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great hike! So many routes to take, I could spend hours there!
While my boyfriend and were hiking we found a key fob for a Chevrolet. I have turned it in to the city of Grants Pass Police department. I hope this gets to who ever lost it and you can reclaim it.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Nice hike

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Wonderful spring walk. Green and wild flowers every step of the hike.
Mountain bikers are a bit possessive near the top.
Bring water, and your favorite dogs.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

lots of great trails of varying difficulty. beautiful wildflowers. quiet trails, close to town.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016