Cascade Head Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Otis, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

beach

Beautiful ocean view at the end!

I went out of season this weekend, 11/3, It was very pretty but the trail is essentially mud the whole way. The way they did the preservation of the trail made it much worse then it could have been for those with a bum knee. They put in boards to channel the water and or prevent errosion and provide steps. However when they did this you must step up or down between 8-16inches. and the traill probably has more than 1/4 mile of these scattered throughout. If you are using the recorded trail just stop at the top because if you hike further like it says then you are just going down into the canopy on the opposite side to the other trailhead and it takes you knowwhere. Even though it was muddy, rainy and foggy the views were still nice. I think others would deffinity do it again but even though I enjoyed it I proboably wont.

nice today. the meadows are so but more beautiful in the spring and summer. NC did a controlled burn a few weeks ago so it's a little chard.

Great hike, perfectly clear day so the views were fantastic. I did the 2 mile upper hike so it was easy

A great hike with amazing views. It was a bit cloudy but when it cleared it was worth the hike!

Doing controlled burn tomorrow so trail is filled with firemen and hoses

Amazing views for a shorter hike.

Loved it! Was worth the 2.5 hour drive

This is our favorite non waterfall trail so far. Not far from Lincoln City this trail takes you through some old growth forest before you emerge into open rolling fields. There are a few plateaus that are perfect for a rest or a picnic. The views are stunning. Take plenty of water as the elevation gain is fantastic. Parking is good and has a few vault toilets.

love this trail. easy to follow. challenging to do.

Good, steep in places hike with amazing views

Nice way to see ferns and Oregon grapes up close

View is breathtaking

Beautiful!! Totally worth it!

Beautiful!!

Beautiful- moderate hike. We carried a 1 and 3 year old plus lots of extras and it was great- not easy but doable. Lots of roots and some mud but easy to maneuver. Views are stunning and worth the work. Definitely on our list of hikes worth repeating

Beautiful!

Great trail that offers fantastic views, birds, plants, and can be done easily in a light paced morning. Trail is very well developed and signed. Probably one of the more we’ll marked trails I’ve been on. I wanted to move fast for a good cardio workout but this trail begs you to move slow. For the views and for the slightly technical and wet trail. Once you get out of the plants the trail dries up. If you go later in the day, you have s better chance of no fog covering, however I enjoyed the fog.

This trail is well maintained and provides a beautiful view of the Oregon coast and back inland. Members of the group maintaining the trails were present and friendly in chatting with the day hikers. The top was also a great place to layout for a bit, have a picnic, or even have a moment of meditation. All in all, a wonderful Oregon coast trail.

Clean trails and beautiful hike. no dogs

What's not to love? Amazing views and wildlife spottings. We saw a large bear on the banks of the Salmon River below, and a herd of grazing elk on the way back to the car. I carried my 35 lb toddler on my back for the majority of the time. You can tell this trail can definitely get slick (by the amount of stairs put in) but it's completely dry and okay to wear tennis shoes at the moment.

Très beau parcours, dans la forêt, puis à flanc de montagne ! Belle découverte et très beaux points de vues.

Amazing views on this trail.

Moderate to strenuous hike depending on your fitness level. Elevation gain is manageable with breaks and the payoff is the views. We went to the second viewpoint to complete the entire hike. The first viewpoint is spectacular. We spotted a herd of elk in the distance, a large vulture flying over, and a garter snake crossing the trail. Fox gloves were still blooming beautifully. Best hike we’ve done in Oregon so far. Definitely prepare for sun exposure as a large part of this you are out in the open.

Crazy amazing view and good elevation gain. Its not shaded very much so be ready for the sun.

Stunning views for not too much effort. We thoroughly enjoyed this hike. We went early and were able to view elk and saw one deer. Foxglove is still blooming. We recommend it.

To me this hike has two parts to it. First, is the hike to the amazing view. Second, is the hike to see the amazing view just at a higher elevation. Loved this hike and easily worth it!

The weather cooperated and we had a beautiful day for this hike. Gorgeous views and plentiful foxglove and thistles. Well worth it!

Absolutely amazing view... loved it

It was beautiful. Would have been better if we went on a sunny day. Lost our view about half way up. Definitely want to try it again when we can see more than clouds / fog from the top.