Cascade Head to Harts Cove

hard 40 reviews

Cascade Head to Harts Cove is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Otis, Oregon that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching.

Distance: 13.3 miles Elevation Gain: 2,762 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

This is an amazing hike with stunning views of the coastline for the cascade head part.The trail passes through a thick grove & then climbs through the mountain with good views of the coast for a major part of the trail. We spotted a bunch of elk herds which was pretty amazing. The harts cove trail passes through some thick forest and you can't see the coast line until you reach the end.

Excellent day hike will be back lots of wildlife saw a herd of at least 20 elk hop a fence from private property and cross the road on the way in if ur not in the best of shape I recommend breaking it into two hikes my legs feel like jello

For a beachside trail the views of ocean are few and far between, so if you’re hoping for a very coastal experience I’d recommend doing either each trail separately or picking another altogether. No beach access. Lovely trail mostly wooded, with a decent road walk to connect the two trails. Pretty crowded. Saw a huge herd of elk!

June 19, 2019. Went with Ellie, Marinn, Avery, and Spencer. Woodsy first half then meadow and steep hike. los of steps. We turned around 1.4 miles. coyote was crying.

Trail access point we went to clearly stated no dog

we used an accurate app to track us and it says it's more like 18 miles.

I’m shocked there is only one other review of this trail! Im a newbie at this so I didn’t make it to the end but wow it’s great! The trail is very well maintained and very well marked. I never got lost even for a minute. When I’m back in the area I’ll definitely do this again!!!

Mon Feb 04 2019