Cascade Head Trail

Cascade Head Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Otis, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

beach

Très beau parcours, dans la forêt, puis à flanc de montagne ! Belle découverte et très beaux points de vues.

Amazing views on this trail.

Moderate to strenuous hike depending on your fitness level. Elevation gain is manageable with breaks and the payoff is the views. We went to the second viewpoint to complete the entire hike. The first viewpoint is spectacular. We spotted a herd of elk in the distance, a large vulture flying over, and a garter snake crossing the trail. Fox gloves were still blooming beautifully. Best hike we’ve done in Oregon so far. Definitely prepare for sun exposure as a large part of this you are out in the open.

Crazy amazing view and good elevation gain. Its not shaded very much so be ready for the sun.

Stunning views for not too much effort. We thoroughly enjoyed this hike. We went early and were able to view elk and saw one deer. Foxglove is still blooming. We recommend it.

To me this hike has two parts to it. First, is the hike to the amazing view. Second, is the hike to see the amazing view just at a higher elevation. Loved this hike and easily worth it!

The weather cooperated and we had a beautiful day for this hike. Gorgeous views and plentiful foxglove and thistles. Well worth it!

Absolutely amazing view... loved it

It was beautiful. Would have been better if we went on a sunny day. Lost our view about half way up. Definitely want to try it again when we can see more than clouds / fog from the top.

Beautiful 75 degree day. Great hike and great view.

Beautiful hike, I don’t recommend small children u

Great workout. Lots of mud today, and felt the views were more stunning from the lower vista. We saw a herd of elk in the distance.

Those views though!

One of my favorite hikes, incredible view

NO DOGS ALLOWED. we didn't do the hike because we brought our dog. Just a heads up for anyone driving the hour and a half from Portland to do this one.

Beautiful hike and views! Trail is well marked

Hiked on a whim on 05/18/18. Wildflowers still not quite out in force. Signs of elk abound - poops and off-trail scrambling evidence are all over the hill.

so gorgeous! kind of steep in some areas

I picked a fantastic day to go. It was a fairly step hike but the trail is well maintained. For my first hike of the season I wish I would have chosen something with a more gentle climb, my ankles and knees felt every step of the downhill only reminding me that I need to build my endurance after taking the winter off. The view was amazing and for at least half of it you are looking out at the ocean. It was one I will do again.

Easy and worth going

Awesome hike. I only wish the fog would have cooperated so we could see more of the view! I'll have to try it again on a clear day.

Challenging the way out with the incline. But the view was well worth it. Would have love to access that beautiful beach!

4 23 18 great short hike. It was nice not to just be in trees.

We picked a gorgeous day! Moderately challenging with picture perfect views.

One of the best hikes (if not the best) I’ve done on the Oregon coast. Saw a heard of elk, and it was gorgeous out.

Hard to beat this hike on a clear day. Beautiful old-growth forest and breathtaking coastal/ocean views! Great wildlife viewing too!

This hike is beautiful. The forest is great and the elevation gain is a slight challenge. The ocean view at the end is pleasant.

Great place one of the best on the coast. You can take the very easy level hike or a nice big crazy one.
The view is amazing.
Pics at Instagram nowboardingphantom4drone and drone video clips of the Oregon coast at YouTube now boarding (phantom 4 drone)

What a great hike! This trail was everything we had hoped for. We had a beautiful sunny day today. A little muddy especially for the first 1.5 mile or so, but well worth the mud and the effort! Not too easy, but not too hard, and the views once you get to the meadow are amazing! It was about 5.5 miles from the parking lot to the top and it’s uphill most of the way there. I highly recommend this trail, you won’t be disappointed! Wear hiking boots if you have them.

The view is incredible the way to the view not so much!