Cape Sebastian Trail

Cape Sebastian Trail is a 2.7 mile out and back trail located near Gold Beach, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 718 feet Route Type: Out & Back

woa! I stumbled across this trail while looking for an easy place to take cool pics. so pumped to have gone the whole way! although we didn't anticipate the length and didn't bring water wich sucked. do this hike.

This has been one of my favorite trails so far around Brookings and Gold Beach! The trail is well maintained. It has a very short but very steep section at the bottom when you get to the beach, but there is a rope to hang onto and I didn't feel unsafe at all! Highly recommend. The tide pools on the beach were amazing.

great hike. Seems longer than 2.7 miles but I did walk along the beach which added some mileage. If the elevation loss and gain seems too much, take two cars and walk along the beach to the next Viewpoint South for a shuttle car. I loved this hike ... it has everything, forest shade, beach views north and south, beach walk. Must shimmy down a short steep area at the end holding a rope for support at the very end to get to the beach. even without going this far, it is a great hike. I am 71 and in only fair shape but I could do it.

Trees are beautiful, wind felt great, and the tide pools are spectacular. The wild life ranged from blue jays and crickets to sea urchins and star fish, definitely recommend to people who don’t mind the climb on your way back up!

This is a beautiful trail along the edge of the Cape. It can be very windy in spots but there are also wonderful views. The trail surface is paved part way and the rest of the trail has roots and rocks to avoid. We did not hike to the end of the trail but enjoyed the distance we hiked. We also met only a few other hikers.

recorded Cape Sebastian Trail

Forgot to turn on app so didn’t record entire hike. Nice hike though.

Awesome trial. Make sure you walk all the way to the Beach. Make sure to watch out for poison oak.

Beautiful day hike on July 3, 2019. Easy stroll down with easy rope ladder to beach. Beautiful way to spend a late morning before justifying that large lunch!!

I came on a day that was so windy when I open my car door I thought it was going to blow off oh, but I went on the trail anyways and was absolutely amazed. The mountain and the trees block the wind for almost the entire hike and there were bunnies, lizards,birds, starfishs beautiful flowers, and an amazing view of the ocean. it smelled amazing the entire way and was definitely an enjoyable hike!

This is a very beautiful hike. I’d definitely recommend it!!

Beautiful trail!

Lots of dead trees on the switchbacks.. would not recommend this trail on a super windy day.

Did this hike a couple of weekends ago. It was pretty secluded which was nice you get down the mountain and to the coast. Beautiful views from down there. If you keep going along the trail, you can get down to the beach with the aid of a rope. If you keep walking, you'll get to Myers Creek Beach. I did this hike back on Labor Day weekend as well but didn't go all the way down to the beach.

Saturday, September 08, 2018

Great hike all the way to the coast. Saw several seal loins in the surf. Watch out for some poison oak near the trail.

Saturday, September 08, 2018

Foggy on the way down. Back up is a bit got me working, but the views are spectacular.

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Great views and a wonderful hike!!!

Friday, August 17, 2018

lots of stumble bumps. watch out for posin oak

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

We didn’t make it all the way down to the beach, but had some great views of the sandy cliffs and rocks. We saw a spotted seal and lots of ochre starfish. Steep climb back up at the end. Had a lot of fog, so that hampered the view a bit u Cory Steph.

Monday, July 09, 2018

Beautiful views of the coast. About the first half mile is paved with scattered benches. The majority of the trail covers the wind as you are surrounded by lush ferns, flowers and tall trees. Access to the beach is pretty steep and has rope for some assistance.

Friday, June 22, 2018

Great

Wednesday, June 06, 2018

This is one of my very favorite trails. As soon as you’re a little ways in, you’re out of the wind. The views are amazing. I like to invite friends for a breakfast hike and eat on the sandstone cliffs below. We then walk on the beach to the Meyers Creek pullout where we leave an extra car. So fun!!

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Excellent hike.last few feet to the beach is a bit dicey but worth it.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

One of my favorites and a regular for me and my family. We take all visitors on this trek. It’s an easy shuttle or moderate in and out (the ascent may be difficult for some.). This is a quintessential coast hike starting at the top of the gorgeous cape, where on a clear day you can see for miles in either direction. Most of this well maintained trail is is the woods where the shore pines protect from Gold Beach’s notorious wind and it’s an easy descent with fabulous views. Keep an eye on the surf when you get towards the bottom of the trail for seals, otters, and whales! I love climbing on the rocks jutting out into the waves and watching with some snacks. Since we always do this hike as a shuttle, we follow the trail all the way down to the beach, where a brief steep descent is aided with a rope (small children we’ve seem to find it exhilarating because it is both challenging and doable for them and not so long a descent an adult can’t carry them.) I did this one with my 3 month old in an Ergo carrier. The beach itself is a prime example of southern Oregon’s magnificent beaches and counted amping the most beautiful in the world. I can’t recommend this hike enough.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Great hike with spectacular views over the Pacific.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

This mileage on this trail is the most accurate. You can keep going but unless you are planning a long hiking trip, then keep going. This trail has beautiful views and you can see arch rock from here. It is tough going back up the mountain to your car though.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Awesome trail ! Must see and must do.

Friday, July 28, 2017

Beautiful views of the rugged coast. There were some blooms remaining yet along the trail. We saw a couple sea lions hanging out at the beach right at the shore line

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Good trail that ends with a beautiful overlook of the ocean. Starts out at easier grade than heads down through several switch bakes an ends on the coast.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Great trail. Gradual, steady decent makes this trail fairly easy with rewarding views throughout. Highly recommend it! One of my favorite ones in the area.