Cape Lookout Trail

Cape Lookout Trail is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Tillamook, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

beach

A beautiful peninsula into the Pacific Ocean with plenty of views There isn't much elevation change in this peninsula walk, just great views! You'll be hiking along cliffs 400 feet above the water below. If you are lucky and its not raining you'll be rewarded with amazing views.

We took a Black Friday hike on this trail and it was gorgeous, we got very lucky with the weather humans have some fantastic views! Definitely would bring someone else here.

great views!

This was a great hike! 10/10 would recommend. I went in early November for a morning hike. I ran the first mile (it was all downhill) and then after the first lookout point the trail became covered in roots and very muddy and I wasn’t really able to run it. It was still quite easy and really enjoyable. The lookout point was beautiful you can see miles and miles of Ocean and different coastlines along the way. I arrived at 7:30 reached the waypoint at 8:30 (keep in mind I ran the first mile) left the way point around 9:00 and way at my car by 10:30. Then preceded to go to a near by coffee shop in Pacific city to warm up :).

We didn't get to finish the trek to the top due to muddy conditions, but we still enjoyed the views of the beach. The trail was well maintained. We decided it was easy on the way down and maybe a bit more moderate on the way back up.

Loved this hike. It did get a bit mushy in the middle of the hike so I'm glad I wore my boots vs. my tennis shoes!

May 3, 2017
Windy! Stunning views of the Pacific Ocean with opportunities for whale watching. A great and worthwhile side hike if you are doing the Oregon Coast Trail. There is a short but steep trail northbound to Cape Lookout State park which has a great hiker/biker campground.

Excellent hike