Cape Falcon Trail

Cape Falcon Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nehalem, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Pretty muddy...But an easy in and out hike with beautiful views.

Muddy, yes, but well worth it.

Amazing!! We did it in Feb in the rain and it was perfect! So beautiful!

The muddy terrain is definitely worth the great views at the end! Lots of elevation changes, so it felt like more than the 723 ft elevation change. Shaded most of the way. Wear appropriate footwear, and bring extra shoes and socks.

Awesome hike except for the mud. Great for dogs. Not a bad winter hike if you don't mind the mud. You can end at short sands beach.

Insanely muddy. My sneakers will never be the same.

The views and the forest trail next to a creek and small waterfalls earns this trail 5 stars. Muddy as all hell though. Everyone is right. The views are to die for. You can see surfers out from the trail.

Awesome hike, but definitely muddy. Completed 12/31/17 and there were extremely muddy spots almost the whole way. This doesn’t take away from the gorgeous view at the end, though, which was so worth it. I would rate it more on the moderate side rather than easy, especially with all the mud and tree roots, but still a great hike!

There are several paths throughout the bushes that take you to a look out spot over a hidden cove. I don't know what this cove is called other than I happened upon it by chance. There was a bird watching group there that had telescopes set up for anyone to use if they wished. This has excellent views of the coast and beaches. It goes up along a high cliff. I had to back track a little once when I couldn't skirt the cliff the whole way.

Pretty easy trail though there were plenty of slippery, muddy spots. We had a baby with us so we didn’t go all the way to cape falcon but instead turned left and headed to the beach which was a beautiful & short 1 mile hike.

awesome trail with beautiful views and beach access.

Nice easy hike with a few nice vistas. A little muddy in parts. Not many people this time of year.

Beautiful hike this morning. It was very muddy, though, which made it more of a moderate hike; I would not say 'easy'. Lots of peeks out to the ocean. Families with young children- be careful!! There are a few tricky areas with drop offs and it's slippery!!!!

Hike is pretty level most the way with muddy, slippery & trippy spots here and there. The older growth forest was lovely and viewpoints were spectacular.

Wear good shoes. when the weather is wet it's really slippery, lots of clay that just turns to mud.

This was a great through the woods hike with about 4 to 5 points of Ocean views. Great trees and an enjoyable forest setting. The finale is amazing. Right to the edge of a cliff. For us it was rainy and windy but perfect hiking conditions on the edge of a rainstorm. Not crowded on a rainy Sunday in September. Hike: September 17, 2017 start at about 10:30am.

I love this hike! I would agree with other users that it shouldn't be labeled "easy" because there are some challenging spots and the drop offs do make it more dangerous for dogs, kids and elderly hikers. I did run in to several groups so sometimes this trail can be crowded. Worth the views at the top though!

I loved the texture of the trail. The roots over the trail offered a small challenge while I was able to keep a steady pace. I enjoyed a snack with other hikers at the top. I'd definitely go again!

Perfect hike for a few hours but I'm not sure about "easy." It was moderate for our creaky knees and the drop offs would make me nervous if I had small children.