Cape Falcon Trail

Cape Falcon Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nehalem, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike this morning. It was very muddy, though, which made it more of a moderate hike; I would not say 'easy'. Lots of peeks out to the ocean. Families with young children- be careful!! There are a few tricky areas with drop offs and it's slippery!!!!

Hike is pretty level most the way with muddy, slippery & trippy spots here and there. The older growth forest was lovely and viewpoints were spectacular.

Wear good shoes. when the weather is wet it's really slippery, lots of clay that just turns to mud.

This was a great through the woods hike with about 4 to 5 points of Ocean views. Great trees and an enjoyable forest setting. The finale is amazing. Right to the edge of a cliff. For us it was rainy and windy but perfect hiking conditions on the edge of a rainstorm. Not crowded on a rainy Sunday in September. Hike: September 17, 2017 start at about 10:30am.

I love this hike! I would agree with other users that it shouldn't be labeled "easy" because there are some challenging spots and the drop offs do make it more dangerous for dogs, kids and elderly hikers. I did run in to several groups so sometimes this trail can be crowded. Worth the views at the top though!

I loved the texture of the trail. The roots over the trail offered a small challenge while I was able to keep a steady pace. I enjoyed a snack with other hikers at the top. I'd definitely go again!

Perfect hike for a few hours but I'm not sure about "easy." It was moderate for our creaky knees and the drop offs would make me nervous if I had small children.

This hike is amazing to get a great view of the Cape Falcon cove. Can be VERY muddy in the spring...or if it rained recently. Great trail. There is a side trail when you get close to the end point that leads to a secret side cove which I recommend.
Love this trail on the coast!

Great hike with spectacular views at Point. Saw whale close to Point.

This was NOT easy!
There are tons of roots all over the ground causing you to trip, or watch your feet the entire time.
Really a bummer too because you're missing beautiful scenery because you're too busy damn near falling off cliffs if you're not careful.
I wouldn't bring small children on this hike unless you know 100% they won't let go of you. If they're known for running away from you DO NOT BRING THEM as they can trip on the roots and fly off the cliff.
I was eaten alive by mosquitoes I have about 60 bites all over my body.
I was fully clothed and had spray on me to protect my body. There are some VERY slippery parts of the trail and In fact I actually watched several people fall over and over and over while we waited for them to pass. I'm shocked that this is listed as easy. This is 100% not even close to being easy.
The outlook was "ok" there are for sure better places to hike then this trail. Super bummed on this one.

My dad and I have started doing this trail every year as a tribute to Danny Blumenthal who was killed on this trail in 1999 and his partner Jack Kerwin, who was also shot, but survived. There are creeks named after the two men and the waterfall that goes down to short sand beach is named "Blumenthal Falls," however; unfortunately there is nothing that explains this at the trailhead or on this site.