Cape Falcon Trail

Cape Falcon Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nehalem, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9 minutes ago

One of the highlights of my trip up the Oregon coast.

was EXTREMELY muddy in mid may, but one of the most beautiful Oregon coast trails I've visited.

Super windy at the top, and super muddy. The end of it is amazing along with the nicely kept trail.

Very nice . good view in the end. Some parts of trail are narrow , it could get some volunteer work to cleanup.

Great hike today! Glad we gave it a week after the review about mud. Last half a mile is pretty tight with the low growing shrubs. Great for dogs.

Super muddy but definitely worth it!

I went about 2wks ago and it was super muddy! So muddy that I just gave up trying to avoid it all, lol. It was a nice little hike and the views up top were gorgeous!

Went on an adventure with friends. At first the trail starts out easy, but then it gets really muddy. We've been getting a lot of rain here so it's expected since there hasn't been time to dry out. Definitely wear the right footwear - you will get muddy. The mud will sometimes be up to your ankles and there is nowhere to go. If you have hiking sticks, bring them. The view at the top is worth it. There is one big tree down that you will have to climb over, however there are enough branches to get over it easily. On the trail we saw banana slugs, mushroom, plant life, chipmunks and ravens.

I decided to do this hike on a whim one day when the sun was finally shining. It started out as a short hike to Short Sands to watch the surfers. I noticed many hikers in the parking area covered in mud, but I figured how bad can it be. I was not disappointed as I figured the trail would be wet. I actually managed to stay mostly mud free for the entire trek out to the cape, but I did eventually slip and landed in a mud hole. After that I did continue to avoid really muddy spots, but this got harder as the condition of the trail deteriorated.
The trail and scenery where awesome and it was a prefect day. So I got a little dirty, no big deal.