Canemah Pioneer Cemetery

Canemah Pioneer Cemetery is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oregon City, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

private property

historic site

Hidden gem!!! I’ve lived near by for over two years, and never knew this was there. With 3 kids it’s hard to find places that all of us enjoy, and this place works for parent and kids alike. They park/playground is amazing and looks very new! Will definitely go back!

This trail is ok, and the cemetery is actually on private property. The cemetery was gated and locked when I was there. A lot of history in the area and that was very interesting. Beware of the poison oak as it is everywhere out here.

I hiked here with my dad's dog BB and although we loved it and enjoyed exploring all the trails connected to this one, this page needs to be updated because there are signs saying no dogs allowed on the trails. We got around it by taking a trail that didn't have that sign right in front of it, but the Canemah Bluff and connecting trails don't allow dogs anymore. No one said anything so we didn't care, but All Trails might want to update their info just so people don't go out there with dogs and have to leave them in the car or go back home because they were misinformed.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016