Calloway Intensive Loop Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Corvallis, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hike through interpretive signs, old & new growth forests, good for everyone From the parking lot stay on the gravel road past the gate and follow past the OSU Foresty Club cabin to Cronemiller Lake, look for the marked tailhead on your right where you pick up the single track trail. At 0.23 miles on this trail, stay left and follow down and cross the 540 road. The trail continues another .66 miles and then cross back over the 540 road nead the Adair Gate (hint, cross Hwy 99 W at the gate is nice coffee shop for a mid-way stopping point). Cross over 540 and hike for another mile till you meet up with the Intensive Management trail. Stay on this trail (stay left at any trail junctions) till you come to the road, and follow back to your car.

Great loop trail. Shaded the whole way and there are a lot of other trails that branch off of it. Dogs allowed and wasn’t very crowded (5pm on weekday). Great way to escape heat In summer. Highly recommend.

Great trail and stroller friendly

great trail for dogs! good afternoon romp for my pup and me. pretty mellow trail. good shade. will be doing this again.

Did this hike a couple of weeks ago. It is a nice afternoon activity. It was moderately busy. Dogs are allowed off leash. My fur baby loves the water!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

nice afternoon hike.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Loved it!!!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

It's a pretty trail in the arboretum, that is away from the roads, so that's nice.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Pretty nice loop.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Even after the rains, the trails are pleasant

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Nice short hiking trails. Small lake, ferns, and adventure.

Monday, October 17, 2016

this was a pretty easy hike, my baby and I did it on a rainy day I was pushing a jogging stroller and carrying her most of the way.

Monday, April 18, 2016

I hiked the loop this evening. The trail was open. The logging seems to be done. What a great 3 mile running loop.

Friday, April 08, 2016

We didn't get to finish the hike, as part of the trail is blocked off so that they can cut down some trees. This was on 4/7/2016. I don't know how long it will be closed off for.

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Easy, pretty hikes in this area. Nice for during the week, close to town and lots of options for shorter and long-ish hikes. Crowded

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Pretty, scenic Oregon forest trail. The trail markings aren't the clearest I've seen, but it's not that hard to get your bearings. Wish other dog owners would clean up after their pets, though. Poor form.

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Calloway Creek trail is a good walking trek. A previous reviewer mentioned parking just off the highway, but the trail is part of the larger Peavey Arboretum and McDonald-Dunn Forest. There is plenty of off road parking, for dozens of vehicles in the Arboretum. There are several different ways to access this trail which has multiple trailheads. Moreover, the trail intersects with many other trails and parts of the forest. It's an instructional trail with many opportunities to see and learn about forests and their management. This is not the best trail in the system, but it's a good place to start. I recommend from here one goes to the trails on Lewisberg Saddle.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

I'm not sure if I was aloud to ride here but it's a good course to do multiple times. If you're looking for a work out there's a road past the "lake" which is a very good climb if you're riding a bike. Awesome few at the top.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

This was the first and last hike here. Driving directions from All Trails led us parking right off hwy 99 on NW Peavy Arboretum Rd, parking for about 8 cars, where the gate was locked. Walk up about 50yrds and make a decision right or left trail... I won't help you here. After reading reviews on this trail I thought it was a simple loop.... well it's not. This was the first time I wish we had used GPS to map tracks. Trail is well maintained however the criss cross of MANY trails and poor naming of trails makes for getting disoriented very easy, and when we did find a parking lot the map they had was a total joke. We saw two other couples who immediately asked us direction so I know it wasn't just us.

I like a trail where you either reach the top and get a grand view or get to see the water fall or even a spectacular lake or something; however this has nothing like that. If you wander around long enough you'll find a lake which is actually just a small dirty pond. One other deduction on this hike was all the noise from the HWY. Now on the plus side we still got out and got some exercise and laughed and the lost people just like us.

Get out and do it!

Monday, January 14, 2013

This is a lovely, well-maintained trail, though I'm convinced it's longer than 3 miles. I'd put money on it being closer to 3.5 or 3.7. It's perfectly appropriate to do in our Willamette Valley winters, as well.

There are areas, on the last half, that are dark and dense and feel somehow eery. But a few minutes later you emerge from them and wonder why you felt a little spooked.

Hint: you'll come out at the main Peavy Arboretum parking lot. A shortcut back to the Forestry Cabin parking lot is to take the road near the blue/gray building on your right. It will take you back to the Forestry Cabin parking lot without having to walk back to the main entrance or even around the little pond.

Friday, June 29, 2012

This trail was an easy one but still a good walk. The kids loved it (ages 17 down to 3). Great for a light hike with the family.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Trails cannot be better, although it adds a manufactured feel to the hike. Once at the parking area, head directly up the road to reach the pond and old growth forest

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Trails are very clearly marked. The view and scenery is beautiful. We've even seen deer on the side of the path.
We have been here several time and brought both the kids and dog.
The OSU logging team area is pretty neat to see too.
You are just a few hundred feet from hwy 99 most of the time but would never really know it the road sounds are minimal.
A very good hike for those who want to get out and enjoy the forest area.