Burnt Lake Trail

Burnt Lake Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Rhododendron, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from June until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1925 feet

Possible to take trail to Lost Creek Falls, 2.5 miles from trailhead for 5 miles round trip.

Went on this trail in September. The weather was perfect for swimming in the lake. The trail was much shorter than we anticipated. The hike felt more moderate than strenuous. It’s Maybe 2-3 miles to the camp sites. But there is a trail you can follow that keeps going for awhile. The view of hood is gorgeous! Dogs allowed which I loved. No campfires so bring a jet boil/mini stove.

A bit snowy but beautiful run! I clocked 8.2 miles but ran around the lake. Well worth it! In just a few weeks I bet the fall colors will be in full swing!

More like a moderate hike, in my opinion. More like 7 miles RT and about 1400-1600 ft elevation. It was a bit chilly at night, but conditions were otherwise great.

For a nice hike during the day, or a quick backpack trip (like we did), Burnt Lake is scenic, mystical and very very pretty. I was blown away by the teal colored moss that covers the trees on the way up, and by the serenity of the lake.

All around gorgeous and diverse trail.

One of my favorites - the road to the trailhead was in better condition than I've seen in the past. Views are unbelievable, but really buggy this year.