Broken Top Trail to No Name Lake and Bend Glacier is a 15.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Bend, Oregon that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Bend: Trail begins 30 miles west of Bend, north of the Cascade Lakes Hwy. at the Broken Top Trailhead on Forest Rd. 380. A high clearance vehicle is needed for travel beyond Todd Lake on the very rough Forest Rd. 370 (road remains gated closed until snow melts midsummer). This trail can be reached more easily on foot via the Todd Ridge Trail #25.2 and Soda Creek Trail.

Great hike, really not hard tho. Took us 2hrs 30mins up, the first 5.5 miles are very easy and almost flat, from there on you hike up the ridge towards the lake, still very doable. The lake is gorgeous, just don't drink/swim, there is 5 elk carcasses in the water and 8 more on the ice.

absolutely beautiful and full of different types of scenery. there was limited visibility at the top when we went, which added to the feeling of being in another world.

Favorite hike so far! Did the longer route since I don’t have a high clearance car. Totally worth it! Would do it again in a heartbeat, I suggest camping so you can watch the sunrise !

Great hike. Well worth the time.

we did the 15 Mile out and back hike and considered it very easy but well worth the trip.

Great scenery, hike isn't as hard as in description. One of my favorites. Road to upper trailhead is very narrow and Rocky.

Definitely need a high clearance vehicle for the upper trailhead. If you can make it past the first half mile you’ll be fine. All the elk are still at the top but they look like rocks from a distance until you get close. Awesome hike.

Absolutely breathtaking hike with a HUGE payoff.
Unfortunately I lost a wedding band somewhere on the hike between the lake and the parking lot on September 11th. It would have been in a red silk zipper bag. Please please please let there be a good person in the world!

I take issue with the AllTrails description saying that it is near the Klamath River, it is not. The closest river would be the Deschutes.

If you leave from the Broken Top TH (not Todd Lake) you’ll want a high clearance vehicle that you don’t mind beating up.

That said, Broken Top, the Bend Glacier and the amazing lake is by far the most rewarding hike in Central Oregon.

we loves this hike and constantly said wow for all the views.

Great hike as always! Definitely don’t recommend letting dogs drink from the stream that comes down from the no name lake, as there’s one of the dead elk right at the top; which you can smell hiking up the stream.

Amazing trail with eye pleasing views.

Amazing!!!!!

Need a 4 wheel drive for upper trail head. Possibly my new favorite hike!

The NF-370 gate is open, follow it up. (Really rough drive though). When you see a parking lot on your right, turn left onto NF- 380 which will take you all the way to the trailhead and parking lot. Lake is 2.5 miles from trailhead. The dead elk are still there but on the other side of the lake so it didn’t bother me. One elk is in the water so you can’t drink the water. Amazing hike. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

We

Left from Todd Lake and it took about 6.75 mi to get to the top rim over looking the lake and the mountains. Beautiful views abound and the wildflowers were amazing in late July. The only issue is how busy it is. I went on a weekday night from the trailhead as the sun was setting and there were about 30 or so people up at the lake camping when I got there.

Amazing hike, you walk along the spring all the way to the top. Awesome views of Broken top and bachelor behind on hike up. No name lake and the views of the 3 Sisters is defiantly worth the hike. Pretty moderate hike for an awesome reward! Was able to get my Mazda up the dirt road to upper parking lot! It was about 8 miles round trip.

WARNING!!! I saw a Facebook post on “Hiking in the Pacific Northwest” and 16 DEAD ELK CONTAMINATED THE WATER AT NO NAME LAKE.

DO NOT RISK DRINKING EVEN FILTERED WATER.

PEOPLE ARE SICK JUST FROM SWIMMING UNDERWATER.

WATCH OUT FOR YOUR DOGS IF THEY DRANK FROM THE WATER.

It was a hot, hot day but the wildlife and flowers along the springs and creek that accompanied the trail were fantastic. No Name Lake breathtaking. I should have left my 11-year-old lab at home. Pretty tough on him but nothing lots of water and a cool, cleansing shower (for both of us) afterward.
I’m not a REAL experienced hiker, but this one was great in my book. The road up to Todd Lake tough. Have the right vehicle.

This trail was a little difficult to navigate but No Name Lake is absolutely breathtaking and was definitely worth the effort! Make sure to have an SUV or other car with room underneath to make the bumpy drive out to the trail head and definitely use AllTrails to make sure you're heading in the right direction. Gorgeous!!!

The easiest 15-17mi you'll ever love. You know the 16-ish mile Larch Mountain trail up above Multnomah Falls in the Gorge? That is, before some Walmart shopper's kid burnt down the Gorge?

Well it's like that: miles and miles of trails so mellow, root-free, and mild that Wilford Brimley's (ghostly) diabetic wheelchair could do most of it. Great for trail running if you're into that sort of thing. But if you are indeed "into that sort of thing," be a little ashamed at all the wonder you're missing as you glide by huffing and puffing in your hot pink Nikes.

But back to the trail: unlike Larch Mountain's 3,000+ft of boring and slow gain, this hike is utterly breathtaking--replete with lush mountain meadows, streams, and an unending supply of Brokentop, South Sister, and Central Oregon views.

Yes, there's a gate (NF370) that's now open and you can drive up much of it instead of hike the Soda Creek/Brokentop trail. But do the whole 15-17mi: you can wander around 10 Barrel or the new Boneyard later on in the day if you want tourists, dogs, kids, and noise.

Start at the Todd Lake trailhead, then take the Todd Lake Trail up and out of Todd to the Soda Creek trail, then to the Brokentop trail all the way up to No Name Lake--then jump in that mofo and wake yourself up with a gloriously icy dip.

Make sure you do the last little steep section to the ridge overlooking all sisters, Washington, Hood, and as far as the eye can see north up the cascades. It's utterly wonderful.

the NF 370 gate is open! I hiked to No Name Lake yesterday. was a 5mile round trip hike.

Beautiful hike, but challenging. We hiked this yesterday and saw many hikers that started at the upper parking lot cutting off about 9-10 miles. The view at the top is worth every effort to get up there.

Did the hike last year. It was breathtaking. We hiked it when the road was open, saving us 9miles of hiking. Superb views.
Waiting for gate to open to hike again this year!
Any update on the gate?!

I hiked from Todd Lake to the ridge above (north of) No Name Lake, and part way along the ridge toward Broken Hand. Out-and-back distance was approximately 14 miles. I started early on 7/19 and there were no mosquitoes (but then it was only 37 degrees!). This is a beautiful hike, lots of wildflowers, and beautiful scenery in every direction.

Great hike! Hiked from Todd lake all of the way up and our watch recorded 17.2 miles out and back.
Lots of mosquitoes in the first about 2 miles while in the forest, once you get past that point you are mosquito free unfortunately didn’t take repellent and walked out with a ton of them.
No name lake is stunning and well worth the hike up, the whole hike was beautiful. I’d go back and stay the night! We also went with our 3 pups and they loved all of the streams on the way up!
10/10 recommend!

WINDY!!!!! We backpacked up to no name lake 7/10, it was a great hike up. Reading reviews of surrounding area we of course brought bug spray but there really didn’t seem to be any bugs giving us a hard time. The lake was beautiful by around 4/5:00 the wind stared to kick in, it was so powerful that it swept my sleeping bag across the lake onto a patch of ice. The wind also flattened my tent in the middle of the night and broke some of the poles. Not sure if it’s always windy like this up there but we also chose the one little camp site that wasn’t near the others and therefor did not have the same shelter as the others(we chose it because of it’s secluded from the rest). Most of the camping sites are going to be clustered in all directly next to each other and not much room, so be prepared for that. We talked to other people that stayed on the other side of the peak and it sounded like they didn’t have any issues with the wind. If I were to do it again I’d camp on one of the streams going up to the lake. Lastly if you do hike to the lake make sure you make it to the top of the trail!!! The end of the trail takes you to a ridge that gives you a wonderful view of all the cascades, it’s incredible and I saw lots of hikers skip out on what I thought was the best part.

Didn't hike the trail, walked up the road and about half a mile up the road I was SWARMED by mosquitos. The gate wasn't open yet to drive to the trail head as of Sunday 7/8 but it was beautiful. obviously i didnt hike all the way to no name since the bugs were so bad but Todd lake was beautiful. All other reviews say they went up todd ridge trail... guess thats what im doing next time. no idea how I'm the only one swarmed by bugs but hey learned my lesson!

Hiked it today from Todd Lake. Very pleasant hike, nothing too strenuous, a few small snow patches on the top, gorgeous views, lake is beautiful and plenty of water breaks for the dog. No mosquitoes!!!