Bluebill Lake Trail

Bluebill Lake Trail is a 1.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Coos Bay, Oregon that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A short but beautiful hike around this lake. I did this trail at sunset which was really pretty. It's a simple but beautiful hike. Worth your time :)

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Sunday, July 03, 2016

This trail would receive more stars but... 1) take the right trail towards camp ground to the N bridge. It is lovely to shoot photos from, but dont expect this time of year to go any further than the campground. The trail around the lake on that half is overgrown. I tried going down it a ways but could see quite a distance and the trail was all swamp land covered in muddy water. I guess if you dont mind hiking thru the mud and becoming dinner for mosquitos, go for it. I had to back track and go left at the sign. It was worth being bitten by the little blood suckers as the south bridge has benches and I was left alone by the mosquitos there. I could have sat a while but it was getting a little too windy. I did go to the end of the bridge but did not see how far around I could have gotten to the marsh bog trail. I will do this trail again. However the tracking on my phone worked but would not upload to the site. I like my "mapmyhike" app much better. If you take this "hiking" trail, wear repellant, and put some on the 4 legged friends if you are walking them too. No birds seen, no fish seen, one dragonfly.

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Not a bad little walk around the lake. Dunes nearby are a cool little diversion.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sunday, November 30, 2014

This is an easy hike around the lake. To get there, just take the parkway off the 101 and turn right at the first street. It costs $5 to enter the Horsefall area (pay at the entrance before driving to the trail head). The trail head is on the left (it is marked by a sign on the right). The full loop is about 1.5 miles round trip and offers views of the lake and a diverse array of plant and fungus life.

Friday, June 08, 2012

I nice little hike around Bluebill Lake with boardwalks at both ends of the lake to keep your feet dry when crossing the marshy areas. Not well used, especially in the winter when the adjacent campground is closed. There is dune access on the southwest side of the lake.