New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Blacklock Point Trail

Blacklock Point Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Langlois, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 308 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Nice, easy out and back. The trailhead is located at a regional airport so it may feel odd upon arrival. Then you see the sign for the trailhead and feel better about leaving your car. We went after significant rains so parts of the trail were quite flooded. Fortunately, there are many workarounds for these giant puddles. Wear waterproof hiking boots if you’re going after rain. The walk itself is beautiful, tree covered, and mostly flat. The trail is well marked follow the signs for blacklock. The payoff is at the end with amazing views of the ocean. What makes this trail “moderate” is the path onto a beautiful outcropping. You’ll feel on top of the world surrounded by crashing waves.

Great day to see the Oregon Coast

Very moderate, gorgeous place for a picnic at the end

I hiked this trail w/3 young adults. We all loved it! Make sure you go all the out to the point for the best view & scenery.

This was a nice easy trail. Mostly flat and no thing to climb. It was beautiful to come out to the point and see the awesome views of the Oregon coast. Just be cautious we saw a black bear on the trail. It was cool to see it but also scary.

ok going out is just flat almost double tack width - but as you get closer to the end it gets really cool ! amazing cliffs awesome awesome beach so it gets a 5

Love this trail! There aren’t really any indications that the trail is there but my GPS took me right to it. Great trail condition, easy walking. The point is a little rough to get out to but completely doable just take your time. It’s become one of my favorite trails!

Guard Rail at the start of the path made us unsure if it was the correct way. Very flat, easy walk. Little elevation change made for a very smooth walk! View at the end was beautiful! The path to the ocean looked a little washed out so we didn't trek it (was baby carrying) Could walk out on the cliff.

Nice easy hike takes you to a beautiful unpopulated beach. The dogs loved it and so did we

In the winter the trail to the point can be muddy and flooded but we just wear waterproof shoes and go for it. It is so beautiful in all seasons. Easy 4 mile hike to the point.

Fairly easy out and back hike. Great view of the ocean at the end with a trail leading down to the beach.

Sun Dec 30 2018

Great easy hike! It was very wet but well maintained with bridges to get over the wetter spots. Amazing view at the end. We walked north a bit along the ridge and found a trail out to one of the rocky points, which was beautiful. Great view up and down the shoreline.

Wed Jul 25 2018

I cant say how much I loved this trail! a flat and easy couple of miles to the ocean and then bam! a breathtaking ocean view. you can explore the ocean cliffs and cove for hours. a bit steep going down to the beach, but it wasn't a problem for us (we are both able-bodied adults). the path around the cliffs is totally flat though. we found a driftwood castle to eat lunch in, and were greeted by sea otters coming in with the tide! this place was seriously magical.

Fri Jun 29 2018

This trail is relatively easy, mostly through the forest until the great view at the end! You can also walk down to the beach, which I would highly recommend if the weather permits. Loved this hike!

Fri Jun 22 2018

Great trail, but a bit on the easy side. it was a bit foggy, but I'm sure the view is breathtaking when it's clear! nicely groomed trail. Good trail for a family hike.

Sat Jun 16 2018

The wildflowers are in full bloom. Go now to see them! It was a very windy day, but the sky was sunny and clear. The bed of wildflowers and spectacular view from the top are breathtaking. The next few days should be equally as beautiful. You don’t want to miss this spot!

Tue May 29 2018

Spectacular! Fun day hike/picnic for the whole family. Can’t wait to do it again!

Sun Apr 29 2018

I absolutely love this walk!!

Sat Mar 24 2018

This was a nice easy trail. We have 4 children ages ranging from 3-7 and they walked the whole way!

Thu Dec 14 2017

Trail was very wet and muddy. Wear rain boots! The view and black sand beach were amazing!

Thu Dec 07 2017

loved this trail. very beautiful

Wed Oct 18 2017

April 22, 2017 A very nice spot on the Oregon coast with a scramble atop Blacklock Point, an eroded headland with excellent views of the coastline. A bounty of Boletes if you hit it in the fall

Wed Jul 12 2017

Very boring hike I did along with the Floras Lake hike. I hiked several different trails all day today and the battery on my camera finally went dead. Very long straight stretches of nada. Gorgeous open ocean views near the end but the wind was howling about 30 knots. Surprising how many people were on the trail, though. Doubtful that I'll repeat this one.

Sun Apr 23 2017

The trail itself from the Cape Blanco airport isn't very exciting, flat and a lot of dense ocean shrubbery, but the viewpoints and topography at the end is well worth the hike.

Sat Apr 08 2017

Kinda boring trail, unless you're in to plants. But the payoff at the end is extraordinary. What a view!

Mon Oct 03 2016

I took the long way from Floras Lake down the beach along the cliffs to Blacklock Point. The waterfall was barely wet.

Fri Jun 17 2016

Beautiful

Sun Mar 20 2016

Oh, and a side note. When you choose directions on this app is sends you to what I assume is a different trailhead. It was quite a ways away across 101 to the east. We googled the Cape Blanco Airport and started there.

Sat Oct 24 2015

Beautiful. A hidden gem.

Mon Jan 24 2011

I have hiked this from Floras Lake to the airport and back. Flat, easy hiking through the forest with nice offshoot trails leading to awesome overlooks of the ocean. Blacklock Point is spectacular.