Blacklock Point Trail

Blacklock Point Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Langlois, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

beach

The trail itself from the Cape Blanco airport isn't very exciting, flat and a lot of dense ocean shrubbery, but the viewpoints and topography at the end is well worth the hike.

Kinda boring trail, unless you're in to plants. But the payoff at the end is extraordinary. What a view!

I took the long way from Floras Lake down the beach along the cliffs to Blacklock Point. The waterfall was barely wet.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Beautiful

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Oh, and a side note. When you choose directions on this app is sends you to what I assume is a different trailhead. It was quite a ways away across 101 to the east. We googled the Cape Blanco Airport and started there.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

We hiked from the parking lot by the airport to Blacklock Point and back and it measured 2.8 miles round trip. I recorded the track one way but it saved under Floras Lake Trail. We hiked it 3/19/16 on a foggy drizzling day. There was a lot of standing water on the trail in many places.

I imagine the view would be gorgeous on a clear day. There is a lot of flat ground when you reach the cliffs overlooking the ocean. It would be a perfect place to have a picnic.

The hike was very easy, dog friendly and would be kid friendly too. (We only had our dog with us).

Saturday, October 24, 2015