Beaver Falls Trail

Beaver Falls Trail is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Clatskanie, Oregon that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

love the waterfall♡

easy trail with a great destination

easy quick hike with a powerful waterfall at the end. come after the rains to really see it in it's glory.

The views were beautiful and worth it but I did not find this hike "easy" its more moderate, and I also dis not find this trial to be "kid friendly" unless by kid friendly people mean 12yrs+. The length of the hike is very short but the trail is steep, rocky, lots of tree roots and in some places slippery. the trail is also really narrow. I wouldn't recommend taking small children on this trail, I don't know that id take a dog either. we were fortunate enough to be the only ones on the trail at 9am in 38 degree weather but I imagine in the summer time this trail must be popular. I'm not sure if want to be trying to pass people on this trail given it's narrow width. all that said, it's BEAUTIFUL so if you aren't taking kids with you then you will have a great time.

It was very beautiful. It is also well known be prepared for a somewhat steep trail with potentially a lot of people.

Beautiful and easy hike

Last part of the trail was washed out in March after a rough winter. Still accessible, just be careful of loose rocks/dirt.

There is SO MUCH TRASH on this cute little easy hike now. Also, graffiti. ):

Leave no trace people.

Watch out for broken glass on part of the trail. The waterfall is easy to get to, and there's a trail to walk behind it. The trash, broken glass, and graffiti is the reason for the reduction in stars.

I was expecting a much nicer trail. Trash everywhere, including broken glass right on the trail. Is it that hard to carry your trash out?

The waterfall itself was neat. The flow was weak (early August) so we could walk behind it. Seems like a popular swimming hole for locals (?), so don't go there with the idea that you'll be in a secluded, quiet area. Again, trash everywhere by the swimming hole.

Trail is short but on the steep side and very narrow in parts. I rarely come across trails that I'd tell people to avoid, but this is definitely one I wouldn't waste your time on unless you're looking for something you can do in less than 30 min. Don't drive out of your way for this one.

So perfect. I went early on a Monday and had the place to myself. Other than the garbage, it really is perfect. Please leave no trace. Parents, teach your kids about leaving no trace so that we still have places like this in the future. Happy hiking.

This is NOT an easy for difficulty level. It is short but that is distance, not difficulty. As a person that is not as healthy as I once was, I pay attention to the difficulty level.
This trail is rocky, steep in parts, narrow, and rooty.
The waterfall itself is excellent when you get to it.
If you want a moderately difficult hike with rocks, roots, steep climb with an excellent waterfall, this is it. It just needs to be marked as moderate for difficulty level is all.

Epic way worth the walk

If you follow the directions, you'll find the trail head to the left of the gravel parking lot. Very easy up and back trail. Watch out for stinging nettles along trail and around base.
Lovely scenery.

Pretty falls. Good short hike. Not very good for little kids. Took a four year old who did the best but the 2 and 1 year old had to be carried most of the way due to uneven trail and steepness. Also it's too bad that others have left broken glass and garbage on trail.

People need to take out what they bring in.

Very nice easy hike, pretty quiet, nice waterfall you can walk behind.

Minus kids have been there breaking glass and spray painting.

I picked up some trash on the way out.

Read a review that said there navigation didn't bring them to the trailhead and it wasn't clearly marked. I didn't have that issue at all, lead me right to the gravel parking lot and I say the sign.

Very nice area

Easy but fun hike. We visited this waterfall last year when the creek flow was low, and just visited again this week with the spring runoff in full swing. Quite the difference, but both visits were equally amazing.

Easy hike to a amazing waterfall! Way too much garage though! Seriously people pack out what you pack in!