Bear Creek Greenway from Central Point

Bear Creek Greenway from Central Point is a 17.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Central Point, Oregon that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

17.5 miles 823 feet Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

The Bear Creek Greenway is a narrow corridor of public-owned land that follows the lush Bear Creek stream from Ashland to Central Point. It is spread out over 600 acres of Southern Oregon landscape.

I'm not sure if you could really call this a hike. My son and I use it to walk from park to park for playing and Pokemon hunting. Some of it is pretty but it's in the middle of the city and so parts are also very ugly. It's more of a bike path really. We do use it regularly for exercise in between hikes though. It's convenient because it's so close.

to many transients/ bums using it I didn't feel safe.

great place to get mugged, raped or stalked. Lots of "outside people" camps along the path. littered, freeway noise and I believe a few years ago in Ashland someone was beheaded with a sword on the freeway continuation. no lie! I prefer spending my time on trails away from people. enjoy!

Easy, mostly flat. Can take dogs and the greenway runs all the way from Ashland to Central Point. Lots of transients, don't walk it alone.