Angora Peak is a 8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Arch Cape, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October.

Length8.0 miElevation gain2,201 ftRoute typeOut & back
HikingForestViewsWildflowersWildlifeRockyScrambleWashed out
Description
Waypoints (4)

Users have reported that this area may be private property, but open to hikers during daylight hours.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (50)
Photos (97)
Recordings (40)
Completed (69)
Gordon Paulsen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 27, 2021
Hiking

Nice and clear until the last mile or so, then some light snow.

View Gordon's Recording
Imelda Zavala
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 20, 2021
HikingPrivate property
View Imelda's Recording
David Lynch
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 22, 2021
Hiking

Trail consists largely of clear cut forest and logging roads, when I went there was equipment their logging. Ended up not completing the trail due to abundant wildlife (possible coyote, mountain cougar scat) as well as a large herd of elk. Not sure if I'd recommend as I didn't complete it nor summit this hike.

Michael D
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 16, 2021
Hiking

Not the best trail overall due to the amount of basic logging road, but it improves as it drops down to double-track, then to single-track. Maybe a dozen trees down on trail and a few small washouts, but they are all passable, and not a muddy hike. The views at the top are fantastic!

View Michael's Recording
Andrea Bünger
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 4, 2020
HikingOff trailOver grownScramble

The trail is hard to find sometimes. The beginning is on a forest road. Later the trail has a bunch of fallen trees - but the view from the top is amazing!

Jason Chasteen
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 27, 2020
HikingPrivate property

I would not recommend this trail to anyone! Got about 2/3 through the hike which is a gravel road running through a logging clear cut when I had 3 sketchy bow hunters pop out of the brush startling me and my dog then one of them goes on to tell me I should not have my dog out here and he would be within his rights if he shot my dog. I told him if he shot my dog that would be the last thing he does as I flashed my hand gun. I turned around and immediately went back to trail head. Only reason I gave it 2 stars was for the view of the ocean otherwise lots of other better and safer hikes on the coast don’t bother with this one.

Cristina Jones
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 27, 2020
HikingNo shadeOver grownPrivate propertyScramble

Okay so first of all it’s actually almost 9 miles. Also I went 2 weekends ago when it was 100 in Portland, it said it was a high of 81 in arch cape so I thought it would be fine. Well there’s hardly any shade at all the first like 3 miles probably? It was soooooooo hot I actually thought my friend was gonna have a heat stroke. Super pretty views along the way though, follow what people said and take the really creepy looking trail on the right before u get to the end. (We didn’t see a pink marker like people said but fairly easy to find it). I’m not convinced we got to the right peak at the top, but still really pretty. Do it on a less hot day for suuuuuuure

Andrew Carson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 26, 2020
HikingOver grownPrivate propertyScrambleWashed out

Trail is good until it splits from the logging road about 50 ft before the road ends. Look on the uphill (right) side for the footpath. Lots of small washouts and overgrown sections. Path can be difficult to follow and the effectively dies just below the summit but reaching the summit is still plenty possible with some scrambling. Excellent views the entire way over Cannon and Manzanita.

View Andrew's Recording
Evan Benoit
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 14, 2020
View Evan's Recording
Dan Hurshel
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 8, 2020
View Dan's Recording
Jana Dong Lovelady
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 2, 2020
HikingOver grown

My friend and I hiked it today. We started at about 10:15 or so. Wasn’t paying tons of attention to the turn off, but no big deal. Didn’t see any pink ribbon. Used this app the whole way up and easy enough to find the top. The last 1.5 miles or so, was more like Bush wacking. You can practice your route finding skills ;) Pretty dense. Not much of a trail and you go straight up the side. Doesn’t take too long and then it opens up (the top). You know you’re almost there, since you can see the cleaning. Surprisingly and thankfully, there were no mosquitos or bugs in general. Lots of prickly plants and prickly trees. Terrain was half a overgrown , gravelly forest road, then uneven, slanted, way overgrown deer trail. Lol. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I looked like I had a very bad case of the measles. Oddly, it cleared up on the drive back home. So , I’m normal. Lol. Wear pants as it is way overgrown, and hat. the weather was perfect. It was foggy, it broke at the top, and clear blue skies the way back down. Took us about 4.5 hrs to hike (with 2 mess ups- we weren’t in a rush, so we didn’t mind). Oh, view was gorgeous at top, and along the way really

Mickie P
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 25, 2020
HikingBugsOff trailOver grownPrivate propertyScramble

Beautiful flowers and view from the top! At least what we found of the top. The trail disappears near the end. We searched for about forty five minutes to find it again and were unsuccessful. We ended up scrambling up the side through the forest to get to the peak. Throughout the hike the trail was overgrown in places with sharp plants. By the end my shins had multiple scratches from various plants that crept into the trail. A few days later some of the scratches swelled and blistered- clearly a response to a poisonous plant although I can't be sure if this was while we were on the trail or off looking for the trail at the top. My co-hiker had white itchy spots on her arms on the way down that disappeared after a few hours. Either way- be very cautious. We arrived early in the morning and only saw two other hikers the whole time- great! However the section of trail after bearing off the logging road (look for the trail on the right before the end) was heavily bugged. By the time we came back down the bugs were resting and it was much more enjoyable. I'd recommend leaving later unless you want bugs in your face for large sections.

Joanna Hogan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 25, 2020
HikingOver grownRockyScramble

This was a fun, challenging trail with very rewarding views and few people other than me. I recommend bringing and using GPS. It is easy to make a wrong turn. and as others have said, don't follow the path at the end of the logging road. The actual trail is just before the end of the road on the right hand side and is marked with a pink ribbon.

View Joanna's Recording
Sonya Ko
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 24, 2020
HikingNo shadePrivate propertyRocky

On a logging road the entire trail.

View Sonya's Recording