Angels Rest to Devil's Rest Loop Trail (CLOSED) is a 9.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Corbett, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

Starting in a fern-filled forest, the trail climbs uphill for 0.6 mile before reaching the top of Coopey Falls, a 150 to 175 foot horsetail waterfall, and the footbridge crossing the creek. Continuing on, the trail begins to switchback uphill for 1.6 miles before reaching the ridge crest. Turn left at a junction to a spectacular gorge viewpoint. Use extreme caution at the steep cliff edge. Some nice flower features of this hike are the wildflower displays (which peaks in May) of blue-eyed grass, star-flowered Smiliacina, and trillium at lower levels. Also you get a grand view of the Gorge once you reach the top. There is even a bench to rest yourself on that overlooks the entire area.

Such great views of surrounding areas of the Colombia River Gorge! Did this a few years back with 2 Cocker Spaniels and they did great besides all the barking!

Still closed as of 11/7/18

is this trail still closed??

Great elevation gain, took us a while, and we did it in the heat. But the view was so worth it!

I actually hiked this back in August before the fires from Multnomah falls through Wahkeena and onto Angels Rest. Over 11 miles total! Lots of incline! Bring lots of water and food. One of my favorite hikes, so glad I got to be able to do this one early on.

I love hiking, and this was a hard one! A lot of elevation gain, but the view is most definitely worth it! We did not take kids, or pups on this hike, and I'm glad we didn't. Be sure to wear good shoes, and consider layers, as you may be cool in the beginning, but the work will warm you up quickly!

One of the best hikes that I’ve been on but make sure to wear the proper shoes.

Hiked this trail a number of times, and it is one that is relatively easy at most points but has a few rough spots if you're not careful. Great view of the Gorge.

The parking lot at the bottom has limited spots, but you can also park along the road if the lot is full. I chose to do this hike later in the day in the middle of July so I could get some shade along the way. It's uphill pretty much the whole way, with some climbing required over these gnarly rocks. Lots of room along the path at the top for people to sit down, picnic, and just enjoy the view.

I'm so glad I toughed it out and did this hike before the Eagle Creek wildfire happened. I don't know who much the fire took away from the view. But the viewpoint at the top provides a beautiful vantage point of the Columbia River Gorge on the Oregon side. Honestly, you could get a view that's just as breathtaking by driving to Vista House at Crown Point. But the view is so much more rewarding when you have to work for it.

Monday, October 09, 2017

This goes without saying, but don't do this hike in December like I did. It's a lot of work for a foggy view!

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Forrest fires made the view less impressive and it was a bit windy at the top but a lovely hike all together

Monday, September 04, 2017

the loop took my brother and I 6 hours, but we took a wrong turn and took our time with the views. Awesome waterfalls and seeing the spring was super cool after seeing the waterfall that it forms. It'll take you some time, so bring water and food!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Second time I've done this trail up to the Angel's Rest and back which typically takes me (a steady paced hiker, but not super fast) around 2 hours total. A great way to get the heart beat up and enjoy the shade. There's still some water in the creek (Coopey Creek) and you pass over a small bridge at one point. It is super popular to just go to the rest and back, and we saw around 100 people today (Saturday, starting around 10am). Parking can be pretty full, but you can park on the sides of the street. This loop trail incorporates a loop on Devil's Rest Trail that is a lot farther than what most people do.

Friday, August 25, 2017

One of the best hikes I've been on, with some to notch views. Try to go midweek to avoid heavy traffic.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

2nd time.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

This is a great loop! It's about 10 miles the way we did it! Lots of climbing and vert. Good for training.

Friday, August 18, 2017

Fun hike! Great views of the Gorge.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Stopped at Angels Rest. Great hike for those with a time constraint.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Did this first thing in the morning while my daughter was still asleep in her carrier. Well worth her reaction to waking up to the view. An enjoyable hike any time of day if you are an early riser watching the sun splash it's rays from the top is a favorite experience.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Beautiful hike was a little confused as to where the trail went to, not clearly marked, lots of off shoots, still pretty !!

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

if you stop at Angel's Rest instead of doing the loop, it's 2.3 miles up and 2.3 miles down, elevation gain of approx 1500 feet. view is top notch.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

angels rest and Devils Rest hike. 10.5 miles in 4.5 hours moving total 7 hours. Beautiful views, once you leave into the forest we took the right trail, so glad we did. Very steep going left. keep right. nicely shaded too. till you come back out to angels rest.

Friday, July 28, 2017

lots of people on the trail, but all were friendly. This is not a beginners trail, but it makes for a good challenge! great views of the gorge!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Great views of the gorge. Crowded with people that don't have etiquette but it's worth the trip.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Great hike, well maintained. The people on the hike were a trip! Passed four different parties that had music playing out of their backpack and no right of way etiquette. My wife and I named the trail, the I 5 of the falls.

Friday, July 21, 2017

All uphill and a little bit of a rocky path but the view is well worth it!

Monday, July 17, 2017

Great hike, although I believe there are better. It's a fairly steady, steep-ish climb to the top with not much to see as you climb (although there are breaks through the trees that keep you motivated). The views from the top are amazing. However, the crowds can be a bit annoying, and we were surrounded by several groups of young, loud, obnoxious late teens and early twenties groups who were blaring their hipster music from portable speakers. Not exactly why I try to get out in nature. It's a shame, because this would be a great day hike minus 90% of the crowds.

If you want even more breathtaking views, fewer people, and a similar distance, try the Silver Star hike (Ed's Trail). You'll never want to return to Angel's Rest.

Monday, July 17, 2017

p.n.w. hikes are always uhh-mazing

Friday, July 14, 2017

This hike was an amazing workout. We did it at noon in July. Fair amount of people. We hiked up to devils rest, were a little confused where exactly the view point was? There was a little section off of the trail that had an amazing overlook available but the very top was just a rock with trees surrounding, no view. Did this for the workout!

Friday, July 14, 2017

My wife and I had a wonderful time.