Angels Rest [CLOSED]

Angels Rest [CLOSED] is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corbett, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

closed

This trail is temporarily closed. Updates and more information can be found here: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/crgnsa/recarea/?recid=29874

Is the trail still closed?

I haven't been on this hike... but I do know this trail is closed due to the fire in 9/2017... Not sure why this page isn't indicating the closure...?

Did this trip in July 2017. My Texas legs were not prepared for this constant increase in elevation but I am so glad I kept with it. There are so many great places on this trail to stop and take in astonishing views but the summit must not be missed.

I am sorry to hear the fires did some damage but I am also heartened to remember the charred trees we saw on our hike. It sucks but it is part of the cycle. It will all be there as long as we keep supporting it.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017