Angels Rest is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corbett, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great view from top. Where good boots. Lots of rocky ankle-twisting stretches on trail.

Great hike and easy enough for family hike. I captured a stunning video of my hiking with a drone. Check it out, https://youtu.be/_UMbKMhWH2I

Please respect that we couldn’t hike here for over a year, as well as the hard work of many volunteer hours to help rebuild sections of this trail by not leaving dog poop bags or orange peels along the trail. Pack it out.

Fantastic views!!!!

Hiked the trail today, it was very busy for a holiday and parking was full. The trailhead is easy to find and is a moderate climb up. There are a few tough switch backs. As you approach the last part the trail is very muddy right now and I’d highly recommend hiking boots- NO TENNIS SHOES! The view is lovely at the top and even though it was busy there are tons of rocks to perch on and enjoy the view. We ran into a lot of dogs, although leashes are required a lot of dogs were not on leashes (warning for those with less social dogs).

Great hike and a beautiful view of the Columbia River at the summit. Definitely has plenty of signs of fire damage from the recent closure, and the footing was slick at times, but the trail is open and ready to go!

I went hiking with my friend on 12/09 , and it was so cold, windy and the road was kind of slippery, but we enjoyed our hike. it's really beautiful place to go hiking.

Gorgeous views

Great sunrise hike 12/6, very windy but so happy to be able to enjoy a clear day up there again. Trail was frozen hard, so not muddy, minor ice sections.

Great hike this past Sunday! So glad this trail is now open again. Slippery going up but trekking poles made it easy in the fudgy mud on the way down! HUGE thanks to everyone involved in getting this trail back open. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Went on 12/1/18, was awesome to see all the people enjoying the trail since it just recently opened again. The trail does look different due to the fires. Make sure to bring good hiking shoes and a hiking stick, the trail is extremely muddy!

We had a great hike today. The trail is muddy in spots and very muddy near the top. We also experienced very high winds at the top. I imagine the trail conditions will only worsen as we have more rain.

So so happy to be back on this trail again! The fire did its thing, but this majestic trail will live on. Thank you to all of the volunteers who restored the quality and made it safe.

Hiking on the second weekend after re-opening, there were a TON of hikers on the trail. And it was muddy as heck. Standard hiking footwear and trekking poles will provide the safest passage during the rainy season.

Even though it’s re-opened, I would like hikers to observe leave-no-trace principles. I saw litter and during my 3 hour hike n rest, about 20 people furnished walking sticks from downed branches to help them with the mud. I know it may seem innocent, but multiply this action over days and weeks and the landscape is unnecessarily being altered by unprepared hikers.

But overall, such a positive experience to be back on a missed trail! Happy hikes everyone!

It’s an amazing view and a fairly easy hike.

However this trail needs to be closed this time of year. The trail was an mess about a third of the way from the top due to overuse and mud. The risk of falling down the side of the hill is very real if you are not wearing the appropriate foot ware aka running shoes.

Hiked on 11/29: no fee parking, nearest bathroom.8 miles, trail is well-marked. Go early, parking is limited & fills fast. Muddy in spots and poles are helpful. Amazing how quick Mother Nature replenishes the charred trail- lots of beautiful yellow foliage. Very windy at the summit-45 mph winds almost knocked me over. Beautiful views of the gorge all along the trail.

Extremely crowded. Otherwise felt similar to going there previously, there were areas with notable burn

Absolutely wonderful hike. I loved it. It’s amazing.

Is the trail still closed?

I haven't been on this hike... but I do know this trail is closed due to the fire in 9/2017... Not sure why this page isn't indicating the closure...?

Monday, January 01, 2018

Did this trip in July 2017. My Texas legs were not prepared for this constant increase in elevation but I am so glad I kept with it. There are so many great places on this trail to stop and take in astonishing views but the summit must not be missed.

I am sorry to hear the fires did some damage but I am also heartened to remember the charred trees we saw on our hike. It sucks but it is part of the cycle. It will all be there as long as we keep supporting it.

Friday, December 29, 2017