560 Loop Trail

560 Loop Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Corvallis, Oregon that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

5 mile loop with 800 feet of climb in Mac Forest This is a loop hike, which can be done in either direction. I like to hike it "counter-clock wise", and bike it "clock-wise." This is the "hike" version which climbs about 800 feet in 1.5 miles. Start at the gate and head up the 540 road about 1 mile, then take a right onto the 543 road, which is really a large single-track now. At the top of the climb, take a left onto the 560 "top" road. Note that just before the 4+1 Junction you'll pass the "Cap House" which was built in the 30's to store the blasting caps used to log and make the roads. At the 4+1 Junction, go left on the 500 road down to Cronemiller Lake junction. Go left and go along the lake and OSU Timber Team practise area back on the 540 road again and follow it back to the Adair gate.

I Started on the 560 but ventured off on other trails, there are so many choices. I went on Calloway, Bonzai (I think the name is because you either go straight up it or straight down, I went up), Section 36 Loop (very pretty), and Powder House. I am going back to spend more time and do some trails completely.

Lots of well maintained trails for all kinds

Four stars because dogs are allowed to traverse off leash. For those of us with well trained dogs it's incredible and seldom heard. There are little jewels along the hike and plenty of side trails if you would like more seclusion or to bike. The canopy cover prohibits much light from trickling through, but it's still gorgeous and relaxing. A little long for those with young children, or the elderly, without assist.

Great for dogs and bob stroller. Really enjoyed our hike!

Great place to bring the dogs! We really enjoyed the pond and side trails. Will be returning for sure

So many side paths you can fallow but if you stay on the main path it's a great walk! nice areas to stop for picnics. we did not stay on the red line path we got off corse but didn't not get lost. we saw some wild turkeys my kids and dog had a blast. definitely worth going back.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Lovely trail! Easy for my pups, and easy to get "lost", in a good way :) loved that you were secluded, but still came across people. Definitely will be returning!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Dozens of trails in the arboretum to get lost on, in a good way. Relatively well maintained and easy to navigate. More of a day trail than a project.

Monday, March 21, 2016