300, 112, 131, Scout Trail, 200, and 320 Trails Loop [CLOSED]

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(13)
Dunn State Forest

300, 112, 131, Scout Trail, 200, and 320 Trails Loop is a 13.8 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Corvallis, Oregon that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 13.8 km Elevation Gain: 587 m Route Type: Loop

closed

This trail is experiencing full or partial closure due to COVID-19. Please see the open trails nearby for alternate hiking options.

I did this trail on Saturday. The weather was terrible at first but about mid way through, the sun came out and it was great. Its mostly logging roads that look easier than they are. Probably because they are so hard compacted it really puts a strain on your knees going down hill. Probably not an issue for younger hikers. But there were no crews out working so it was nice and quiet. I did see an owl but other than that, there was no wildlife out. But this time of year....still worth it! I made the mistake of not turning on to road 320 near the end and before I realized it I was back on Tampico Rd. I was fairly tuckered out so I decided to road March back to where I parked which ended up being more than I bargained for. So I'd recommend to be sure and stay on point. All in all I recommend this route. Especially if you want to get a work out.

Mon Jun 25 2018

Still a lot of logging going on. It takes away from the serenity of a nature walk.

Mon Mar 19 2018

map is incorrect, the trail that is marked is actually the 300 rd not 400. Good hike overall as long as you don't mind elevation climb, I came in the actual 400 rd to the summit where it meets the 300 rd and went right then off on the 420rd back to the truck. there was no logging going on and only met one person the whole time.

Mon May 01 2017

Map is incorrect for 400 loop trail which is 1/4 mile away with trailhead parking

Sun Feb 19 2017

why call it the 400 rd loop when this rout never utilizes the 400 rd... very confusing.

Thu Apr 25 2013

They are doing quite a bit of logging at the top, but besides that it's still a beautiful hike.

Sat Apr 21 2012

Nice hike, beautiful day. At the top they have been doing some logging but still pretty views.

Sun Dec 18 2011

Our first time visit mtn. biking this route. I was expecting a long, steep climb the whole way, but found most of the route to be just about right for a pleasant ride with a nice work out thrown in. I stopped for a rest a couple times on the steep section, but that just means there is some challenge left for next time. Never got out of the fog all day. Had the place to ourselves (perfect!). Logging operations going on up top, though no one was around on the weekend.

Sun Jan 27 2019