Turkey Mountain Via Yellow Trail

Turkey Mountain Via Yellow Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tulsa, Oklahoma that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

old growth

10 minutes from Downtown Tulsa, Turkey Mountain has two excellent hiking trails, with short interconnecting trails between them. The yellow trails is on the east side of the mountain and is 4 miles long, while the pink trail (yes) is on the western side and is 6 miles long. Both have ample ascents.

Turkey mountain is a beautiful place to go hike get outside get some fresh air and see nature bald eagles hike along the river. very nice place and dogs are welcome.

This could be a very nice park. Unfortunately, the highway noise, refinery across the river, and graffiti EVERYWHERE ruin what could otherwise be a nice experience.

It's a beautiful area and the trails are layed out well with a few nice overlooks and some rough terrain. If you're heading out for some exercise or just looking for a quick place to walk the dogs or ride your bike, this is a good place. However, if you're wanting an escape from the city, I'd recommend finding another place.

Awesome trail in my home town. Did the round trip twice to get a great cardio / mental workout. Good for kids too. I'll be starting mine on this trail.

Can get a little crowded so a safer trail in an urban area. The inclines are short and smooth. Great views with cool rock formations, old tree and river views.

Great trail with diverse terrain.

With the assistance of this app I was able to figure out where to go on the yellow trail. It was a lot of fun and had restrooms. I had to backtrack a couple of times.

great trail! challenging but not too challenging!

A nice trail to run. Navigating is a bit tricky at the beginning and the end. Great views with intermittent climbs and descents

Great, easy/moderate trail. Not hard, but a few spots that make you pant. Bring water...it's hot out there!

Great trail, easy-moderate. The views have been covered by trees, so are limited.

Not well marked at all which could present a danger to inexperienced hikers. We spent hours trying to get back to our truck, luckily we're in pretty good shape but nothing ruins a great hike like feeling lost....ugh

Great Trail!! Several stops to stop and have some really pretty scenic views.

This is a fun trail! Lots of good views and typically not overcrowded.

Pretty busy trail, picked up some trash but other than that a great trail! Jumped to pink trail at the apex of yellow and it was great!!!

Not very well marked.

Fun trail. Lots of diversity in rocks, trees, inclines, twists and terrain. The entry into the yellow trail, and the exit back to the parking lot are not well marked.
There are so many choices of trails at the beginning and end that it is confusing. We actually ended up on a side trail and had to climb a pretty steep rock to get back up to the trail. Trail maps would be appreciated!!

This was a very decent trail. I hiked it Saturday with my mother and two dogs. I think we ended on the powerline trail, though the sign said yellow. Its not very well marked but I don't think you can get lost.

If you are used to not seeing many people on a trail, you may be shocked on this one. I wasn't quiet prepared for the amount of people, but it seemed the further we went the less activity we ran into.

I loved this trail! High traffic but there were lots of dogs!

I have always love this trail. Just don't stay after hours

Had a great hike with my bestie. Saw other people but wasn't crazy busy. We did see a baby ring-necked snake.